ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Cooper has left the building

Based on what?

His 52-50 W-L record? His 1-2 bowl record? His 2 career wins over top 25 opponents?

He says all the right things. So far that’s about it.

On some level he is a victim of his own success. He built a team in Baylor...freaking Baylor, (and Temple) into a force to be reckoned with. If he had stayed, every one of these things people mention to try and show how average he is, would have improved by leaps and bounds.

On some level he is a victim of his own success. He built a team in Baylor...freaking Baylor, into a force to be reckoned with. If he had stayed, every one of these things people mention to try and show how average he is, would have improved by leaps and bounds.
If if if

The Baylor he built wasn’t the Baylor of yore. And he was 0-11 vs top 25 teams there.

Here’s hoping the winning starts this year

I’m tired of “if”

If if if

The Baylor he built wasn’t the Baylor of yore. And he was 0-11 vs top 25 teams there.

Here’s hoping the winning starts this year

I’m tired of “if”

You gamble a fair amount. If you had to bet an amount of cash that would sting for years if you bet wrong...would you bet i'm right or wrong on that?

Word on the street it has nothing to do with a female relationship but be jumped shipped when he saw the lucrative NIL potential of his highlights from the 80’s at Michigan. Dude sees a train of money flowing in and is currently reviewing all of his old shoes and gloves and elbow pads so he can verify any part of his body is in the clip to get that coin.

You gamble a fair amount. If you had to bet an amount of cash that would sting for years if you bet wrong...would you bet i'm right or wrong on that?
Right or wrong on what?

Rhule has overseen something like 4 total winning seasons in his entire career as a head coach.

I don’t know if he’s good and neither does anyone else. He talks a good game, that’s about it so far.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Right or wrong on what?

Rhule has overseen something like 4 total winning seasons in his entire career as a head coach.

I don’t know if he’s good and neither does anyone else. He talks a good game, that’s about it so far.

...that he would improve by leaps in every catagory you listed to show you think he's an average coach. But you knew that.

Right or wrong on what?

No context to the programs he took over? I think he is widely respected by coaching brethren, which tells me more about him being a good coach vs fans.

Do you think strategically he is building the program the right way to accomplish wins?

Right or wrong on what?

Face Palm No GIF

Reactions: dinglefritz
No context to the programs he took over? I think he is widely respected by coaching brethren, which tells me more about him being a good coach vs fans.

Do you think strategically he is building the program the right way to accomplish wins?

Mike Riley was also widely respected...coaching is a fraternity and most coaches always say nice things about every other coach.

I think Rhule has done a great job recruiting. White was a tremendous DC hire. Not sold on his coaching hires on the offensive side of the ball, though.

Mike Riley was also widely respected by coaching brethren. I couldn't give a shit about this.

I think if that was an option we’d have done it before bringing in this fella

We’ll be forced to settle here because all the good coaches/recruiters are, well, coaching/recruiting

Quite the cluster in Rhule’s rectory for the 2nd straight year

No QB coach for a full season, 2 coaches forced to resign due to (reasons) weeks prior to camp starting, 5-7 with myriad late game collapses

Better start winning
You've been trying to fit myriad in for weeks haven't you?

Based on what?

His 52-50 W-L record? His 1-2 bowl record? His 2 career wins over top 25 opponents?

He says all the right things. So far that’s about it.

Have you not seen the progression of what he took over vs. what each team did in their subsequent years?

Do you not see what internal steps he has taken here to create a foundation for better football?

The team he inherited was THE worst in the history of Neb football over the last 60+ years. It was arguably one of the worst in the country by record and lack of bowl appearances.

Says all the right things but that’s about it??? You somehow don’t see the things he has actually done to set the table for success?

Good Lord.

Have you not seen the progression of what he took over vs. what each team did in their subsequent years?

Do you not see what internal steps he has taken here to create a foundation for better football?

The team he inherited was THE worst in the history of Neb football over the last 60+ years. It was arguably one of the worst in the country by record and lack of bowl appearances.

Says all the right things but that’s about it??? You somehow don’t see the things he has actually done to set the table for success?

Good Lord.
I’m a huge Rhule supporter and while Kong’s posts sting they aren’t inaccurate at this point. Rhule is 5-7 at Nebraska. Rhule openly states that’s who we are. It just hits people different when Kong says it.

I have more confidence Rhule is going to right the ship and am eager to see 2024 start. King let’s the results drive the narrative and while annoying at first blush - sadly he isn’t wrong.

Good Lord.
This post will undoubtedly garner many “likes”

Good for you, Bill. But these are nothing but platitudes.

I see the scoreboard and wish for higher cotton just like everyone else.

Good Lord.
True if you take out his first year he's got like a .666 win percentage pretty darn good. It is interesting he never stuck around anywhere to reap his stats up. But then people would call him a lifer like the ISU guy.

Good Lord.
Same exact things were said about Frost heading into his second year. Put up or shut up time for me, and it's been that way for a long time.

Word on the street it has nothing to do with a female relationship but be jumped shipped when he saw the lucrative NIL potential of his highlights from the 80’s at Michigan. Dude sees a train of money flowing in and is currently reviewing all of his old shoes and gloves and elbow pads so he can verify any part of his body is in the clip to get that coin.
That’s not quite accurate. He was actually approached by Gordon Gekko to head up a private equity fund that has designs on purchasing the Huskers. The completion of that deal will net him an 8 figure commission. The opportunity was just too good to pass up.

This post will undoubtedly garner many “likes”

Good for you, Bill. But these are nothing but platitudes.

I see the scoreboard and wish for higher cotton just like everyone else.

Rhule just improved on the seasons record prior. If you’re a score board guy then compare

2021 - 3-9
2022 1-2 (Frost fired at Georgia State loss - team finished 4-8)

Rhules first year 5-7

if you’re a score board guy then be happy with the scoreboard improvement Rhule delivered.

This year if he doesn’t improve on the previous record and deliver 6 wins then come here and complain.

Rhule just improved on the seasons record prior. If you’re a score board guy then compare

2021 - 3-9
2022 1-2 (Frost fired at Georgia State loss - team finished 4-8)

Rhules first year 5-7

if you’re a score board guy then be happy with the scoreboard improvement Rhule delivered.

This year if he doesn’t improve on the previous record and deliver 6 wins then come here and complain.
Yea

I’m over the moon about our 0-4 November swoon and will be elated to play in a mid-december bowl game (fingers crossed)

Great points, Bill

I’m a huge Rhule supporter and while Kong’s posts sting they aren’t inaccurate at this point. Rhule is 5-7 at Nebraska. Rhule openly states that’s who we are. It just hits people different when Kong says it.

I have more confidence Rhule is going to right the ship and am eager to see 2024 start. King let’s the results drive the narrative and while annoying at first blush - sadly he isn’t wrong.
AND we should have atleast been bowl eligible. I'm assuming in that's who we are Rhule was counting himself and the staff as well because they cost us a couple games imo.

Grow and learn. Win and lose as a team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT