ADVERTISEMENT

Ervin possible torn acl

To be fair this is speculation, he walked off the field, could be a sprain, meniscus. Anything really.
Yeah. Meniscus is as likely as anything. Been there done that and the pain is immediate and excruciating. On the other hand I tore my ACL and never knew it had happened until years after the injury. Hopefully it's not as serious as it looks. Anytime a guy collapses on the field and grabs his knee like that it sure looks bad.

Reactions: jmliehr
Looked like his toe got caught in the turf. If that's his injury it might be somewhat good news with a sprain or something like that. Bad news if his toe got caught because something popped right before that.

Hope he can recover well. Tough break for him.

No Stepp today right? Interesting.
Rhamir looked ok.
Rhamir looks pretty good when he gets his chances going all the way back to last black friday

Not sure why they don’t trust him to carry more of the load back there

Rhamir looks pretty good when he gets his chances going all the way back to last black friday

Not sure why they don’t trust him to carry more of the load back there
I’m supportive of RB by committee, but I’m not sure I like the feeling that the coaches can’t settle on any two guys.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
He was having traction problems he slipped on a couple of plays where as johnson didn’t, I was wondering if he needed to change cleats or shoes

Freak accident. There was no contact at all and I didn’t see anything that looked unusual on the cut. Knee just gave out. A question for our S&C coach is why we have so many non contact injuries

As I suggested, it could be a patellar tendon injury. That fits the way it looked like it happened. Some small good news is that it's outside the joint capusle of the knee. He should be okay eventually but major tendon injuries are really tough for an explosive athlete. The recovery period might actually be longer if he had a complete patellar tendon tear than if he had blown out his ACL.

Reactions: salsa red
Anyone remember the play where Gabe ran into the big equipment chest on the sideline while he was standing upright? Wonder if that played a role in this at all. Just terrible for him as he was gaining confidence. Hope he can get back to 100% he's young so he has that going for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT