ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Ethan Piper read

Laner2

Head Coach
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
I guess I didn't realize the extent of his knee injury. I blew out my ACL, partial MCL tear and meniscus tear in 95 but tore the ACL, MCL, PCL and tore muscles right off his leg. Sweet Jesus! I want to tell him thanks for all you've done and your leadership on the team, but don't come back.

I guess I didn't realize the extent of his knee injury. I blew out my ACL, partial MCL tear and meniscus tear in 95 but tore the ACL, MCL, PCL and tore muscles right off his leg. Sweet Jesus! I want to tell him thanks for all you've done and your leadership on the team, but don't come back.

Rhule made it sound like he’s done. Hinted that he might coach in.some way. Grad assistant?

Yea they should not let him back for his own good.

Amie is a really talented columnist and reporter. We're lucky to have her back home in Lincoln after she abandoned us for the KU J-School.

Reactions: gomerxx
Rhule made it sound like he’s done. Hinted that he might coach in.some way. Grad assistant?
After what he and his knee has been through, I hope he retires from playing. I hate to think what the consequences would be if he injured that knee again. I'm sure there's a place for him on the sidelines if he wants to stay in football.

After what he and his knee has been through, I hope he retires from playing. I hate to think what the consequences would be if he injured that knee again. I'm sure there's a place for him on the sidelines if he wants to stay in football.
If he permanently damages his knee, he gets a knee replacement like others and he'll be OK.

If he permanently damages his knee, he gets a knee replacement like others and he'll be OK.
Except you can only have so many of those in your life, as with each replacement they have to go farther up and down your leg to find good bone to attach to. For an old fart that's not a big deal but you definitely don't want to start that as a young man.

The problem is you don’t want to have to do that in your 20s. He’s never going to be an NFL starter player so why put yourself through it. His meniscal injury is more of a problem than the ligaments. ☹️

The problem is you don’t want to have to do that in your 20s. He’s never going to be an NFL starter player so why put yourself through it. His meniscal injury is more of a problem than the ligaments. ☹️
Even if he plays next season (not good for his knee), he probably wouldn't need a replacement until he's in his 50s and he'll probably need one then whether he plays again or not. If I were him, I'd hang it up as he's been here for 5 years, but that's his choice.

It's probably moot anyway. Rhule clearly has other plans at guard for 2024, even if Piper were healthy.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Even if he plays next season (not good for his knee), he probably wouldn't need a replacement until he's in his 50s and he'll probably need one then whether he plays again or not. If I were him, I'd hang it up as he's been here for 5 years, but that's his choice.

It's probably moot anyway. Rhule clearly has other plans at guard for 2024, even if Piper were healthy.
With the recruits and transfers now coming in and considering it would be 2025 that he would come back if he does, the chances of him starting especially coming off that injury are pretty small. I don't think you put in that work and put yourself at risk for a probable back up job.

You can’t say that about his knee. It sounds as though he had major meniscal damage. If you lose that meniscus you’re bone on bone. There’s no way a young guy without a functioning meniscus goes 30 years before having his knee replaced. I’ve gone about 5 without much meniscus left in my right knee and it’s been miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT