ADVERTISEMENT

Entire coaching staff

had 2 full weeks to prepare for this team and this game.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

He’s part of the problem. Anybody who thinks he was going to not have freshman games starting in the P5 was delusional. Our OC sure as hell isn’t helping him with his game plan.
You aren't wrong but his performance is a result of bigger issues with blocking and separation.

You can see him dumping early repeatedly.

Really? Examples please
Not right off hand, back then they didn’t have that many bye weeks but there were times where Nebraska had a week off and they’d struggle in the next game, plus it’s been over 25 years since to was coach , I’m looking back into to 70,s and 80,s

Not right off hand, back then they didn’t have that many bye weeks but there were times where Nebraska had a week off and they’d struggle in the next game, plus it’s been over 25 years since to was coach , I’m looking back into to 70,s and 80,s
In other words, you have nothing to back up this assertion

Reactions: V-Doub
Yep, it has nothing to do with Rhule just something we were discussing during the game. I found some time to look, and over the last 20 years we have 15 wins and 10 losses after a bye. Pelini was good. Last 10 years, 5 wins and 6 losses after a bye with the average win by 12 points and the average loss by 14.4 without the latest Indiana game. With Saturday's game included the average loss goes up to 20 points. So, not as bad as expected but still very disappointed in the staffs prep for the game on Saturday. Interesting to note: We have played Indiana the most following a bye week in the last 10 years. 4 times and we are 2-2.

It’s about time somebody talks about the game yesterday. Everyone is focused on Rutgers and Kansas State and refuse to discuss the Disaster in Indiana.

Thanks for kicking off the discussion.
k-state had nothing to due with it. but remember we took a similar shelling at provo, although that one was really odd. sometimes it happens without expectation or good reason.

as for iu, i was a season ticket holder there back when they were pretty decent under bill mallory. the school (alums) is wealthy. billions in their foundation. they won't let their coach go without a fight. it's a great place to live. beautiful actually. low expectations. b10 schedule. i don't know why he would leave for florida, fsu, or ou other than pure hubris, which, granted, he seems well endowed.

bill snyder hated byes. said the team's schedule got all out of whack. so there's that too.

Last edited:
k-state had nothing to due with it. but remember we took a similar shelling at provo, although that one was really odd. sometimes it happens without good reason.

as for iu, i was a season ticket holder there back when they were pretty decent under bill mallory. the school (alums) is wealthy. billions in their foundation. they won't let their coach go without a fight. it's a great place to live. beautiful actually. low expectations. b10 schedule. i don't know why he would leave for florida, fsu, or ou other than pure hubris, which, granted, he seems well endowed.
It depends on what he wants. If he can recruit at or near Ohio State levels, the rest will take care of itself. MF does not lack confidence in himself. So then it becomes a matter of legacy. I am the a hole who put these miserable Hoosiers on the map. Let’s see the designs for the statue and what font you plan on using when you name the field after me.

Of his 49 losses, probably 15 came against Okla, Miami, FSU, Colorado, UCLA. Many of the losses were in bowl games with 4-5 weeks between the regular season and the bowl game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT