ADVERTISEMENT

Emmitt Johnson

How did he get the ball 3 straight time inside the ten?

An impressive amount of stupidity, that's how.
I don't have stats but I've noticed Satt will immediately go back to the same player, usually after a successful play. That only works when you have an o-line that can impose their will on the D.

I don't have stats but I've noticed Satt will immediately go back to the same player, usually after a successful play. That only works when you have an o-line that can impose their will on the D.
The OL is pretty good. It is far removed from the junk we saw the last several seasons. The times where the opposing teams stack the box and stuff our RB are to be expected because we have zero passing game and they know it.

How was this kid 4th string to start the year. Looks like our best RB since Ameer Abdullah. If we only had a QB.

How do we start a fundraiser for NIL on a superior QB. This team is so very close.
I love EJ, but just when he gets going Satt feels the need to put Grant in or even Fleeks. I would have ridden him hard, today. He ran it 17 times for 84 yards. I know two plays that went for interceptions that killed FG tries that I would have run him on instead. Probably would have given EJ another 10 or 12 rushing attempts.

He's easily our best player on offense. Everyone knows it other than the OC and head coach, apparently. Should be getting the ball 20x a game.

He's easily our best player on offense. Everyone knows it other than the OC and head coach, apparently. Should be getting the ball 20x a game.
Shame on you! You should know by now EVERYTHING is Satterfield's fault and nothing is EVER Rhule or Foley's fault. At least as far as this board is concerned. Say anything to remotely suggest Rhule may be in over his head and posters who don't usually offer anything to this board will climb out of the woodwork to flame you and then all the Rhule apologists will jump in to like their posts.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
Mizzou’s back has 32 touches thru 3 quarters today

Why we insist on going away from Johnson when he’s effective will never make sense to me
I think I got transported to Bizzarro World. In the normal world I used to live in last August the head coach assured us we would win the turnover battle, he was going to run the rock, stick with what works, and the body blows will add up to domination in the 4th quarter. In my world now my team passes at the most inexplicable and ill-advised times, is last in the nation in turnovers, frequently goes away from what is working well, and gets jobbed almost every 4th quarter.

I think I got transported to Bizzarro World. In the normal world I used to live in last August the head coach assured us we would win the turnover battle, he was going to run the rock, stick with what works, and the body blows will add up to domination in the 4th quarter. In my world now my team passes at the most inexplicable and ill-advised times, is last in the nation in turnovers, frequently goes away from what is working well, and gets jobbed almost every 4th quarter.
Yea

There’s a reason I coined him “preacher”

How didn't he get the ball 3 straight time inside the ten?

An impressive amount of stupidity, that's how.
If they run the ball, it eats another 30+ seconds off (maybe they even score a TD), then a FG, eats another 3-5 seconds off...then kickoff and MD has the ball with what, 3 minutes left?

And they have not moved the ball at all in the second half??

JUST WIN THE ****ING GAME.

Shame on you! You should know by now EVERYTHING is Satterfield's fault and nothing is EVER Rhule or Foley's fault. At least as far as this board is concerned. Say anything to remotely suggest Rhule may be in over his head and posters who don't usually offer anything to this board will climb out of the woodwork to flame you and then all the Rhule apologists will jump in to like their posts.Why head hunt for coaches period ? Because that is the easy mark

He was a good get. Smart , hard working , talented .
I think being smart gets woefully overlooked . That other guy " You know what I'm sayin " proves some of my point.

I don't think he knew we would lose half of our offense and turn the ball over at will. You can't predict that .

The OL is pretty good. It is far removed from the junk we saw the last several seasons. The times where the opposing teams stack the box and stuff our RB are to be expected because we have zero passing game and they know it.
We can change the passing game by starting Purdy. Give the kid first team reps this week and get that stupid freaking last play the hell out of the playbook. Then Rhule needs to tell Satt if we get a first and goal inside the 6 we’re running it 4 times.

We can change the passing game by starting Purdy. Give the kid first team reps this week and get that stupid freaking last play the hell out of the playbook. Then Rhule needs to tell Satt if we get a first and goal inside the 6 we’re running it 4 times.
moron

Every other team in America can execute that throw without it being picked. That's the point. No one should have a db that can out jump Coleman with his catch radius.

Reactions: BTF69
If you are going to pass in that spot...just, like you said, have MC waaaaaaaaaay out and toss a jump ball OR roll out. That is it.
This. Not a great chance of connecting but a real low chance of anything bad happening.

Yea

There’s a reason I coined him “preacher”
Root cause, always dig for the root cause.

Who
1. Hires a .500 coach expecting to get something else? Rhule's record here is a reflection of his career. We are. 500.

2. Just plain ignores the flailing basketball program?

3. Only ambitious move is to detonate explosives to the stadium and spend space program money to DECREASE capacity.
And yet, we've got bobblehead fans defending this hhorrendous mismanagement of the athletic program and its funds.

Our AD didn't cause these problems originally but he's ushered them into even worse situations.

That’s ridiculous

Experience hasn’t done shit for us

Just look at the OL
It hasn't but he isn't wrong unfortunately. This is why I cringe hearing the word "Trust" from coaches because what they are saying is they're going with the best practice player (usually experience) over the talent that isn't caoched up.

Reactions: king_kong_
No, depending on the game situation we may want to run it 3 times and kick the FG.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The playcall doesn't bother me, you've got to play the game. Got to execute.

BTW, was I the only one who expected something like this to happen? You could just feel it coming. That drive was too perfect. Even the mishap where Purdy ended up throwing it away. Ok with that, we overcame it. I suspect, strongly, that a 3rd run would have been easily stuffed and Rhule thought Maryland wouldn't see it coming.
It wasn't the play calling, it was just us being us.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT