ADVERTISEMENT

ELVIS….

The movie was really good. Austin Butler gave an Oscar-worthy performance. To go from playing Tex Watson in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood to playing Elvis? He might be the next great up and coming actor. He will be nominated for sure.

elvis's main problem was drugs, he would be doing 120 vegas shows while his manager was blowing a million at the table...he would have been better with no drugs, doing a couple shows, do some hunting and fishing and firing his bum manager. but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

I'm not really an Elvis fan but my wife is so that means I have seen a few impersonators, even hired a couple for Birthday parties and visited Graceland last year. I guess you could say that I have grown to appreciate everything that he did. We went to see the movie on Friday. I thought it was pretty good. I would give it a 7/10. I can see why Priscilla so highly endorsed this movie. Even though she said it was because of the actor portraying Elvis, I 110% have a feeling it was due to the fact that they made the Colonel out to be an absolute POS which he is. I could maybe see some of the older Elvis fans not entirely enjoying the movie due to them mixing in some current artists into the soundtrack.

it’s really curious how such an odd character like the ‘colonel’ came to run a career like that.

Went to a wedding in a little town in MS. The reception was in Tupelo. We saw the home (shotgun shack) where Elvis spent the first few years of his life. His parents were so poor that the county helped pay the hospital bill for his birth. Have also been to Graceland. Didn't know that Elvis had a twin brother who was stillborn. His parents and the brother are also buried at Graceland.

Reactions: Chuck003
Went to a wedding in a little town in MS. The reception was in Tupelo. We saw the home (shotgun shack) where Elvis spent the first few years of his life. His parents were so poor that the county helped pay the hospital bill for his birth. Have also been to Graceland. Didn't know that Elvis had a twin brother who was stillborn. His parents and the brother are also buried at Graceland.
Been there as well…. Even though have not been a personal fan, can’t dispute his cultural influence

I just saw it today. I liked it a lot. I saw it at Alamo and they had a thing before the movie showing a bunch of other actors that played Elvis like Kurt Russell and Bruce Campbell. They missed Val Kilmer though. He played Clarence's voice inside his head Elvis in the very good movie True Romance. Highly recommend.

Elvis stole all of his energy in the womb. Poor kiddo never had a chance

Reactions: bomber89
I just saw it today. I liked it a lot. I saw it at Alamo and they had a thing before the movie showing a bunch of other actors that played Elvis like Kurt Russell and Bruce Campbell. They missed Val Kilmer though. He played Clarence's voice inside his head Elvis in the very good movie True Romance. Highly recommend.

I do like the “pre-game” at the Alamo.

Reactions: resdog851
Gotta love Elvis!

CT1HgdvUwAEWCSf

Okay, I deserve the forthcoming rotten tomatoes.

Fire away, I'll take cover ...

Went to it last night…. Wasn’t impressed. Wish they would’ve spent more time on the songs and their development and less on the Colonel. I get that they wanted to show the world how big of a douche he was though.

Went to it last night…. Wasn’t impressed. Wish they would’ve spent more time on the songs and their development and less on the Colonel. I get that they wanted to show the world how big of a douche he was though.
Would have enjoyed the music development more for sure as well.

I suspect Tom Hanks was a big reason this movie got made. He was unlikable and actually a giant distraction to me in the movie. They could have hired literally any B-list character actor to play his part and made it a more minor role and the movie would have been great. It just wouldn't have a star. It reminds me of the movie Lone Survivor. Marky Mark got that movie made with his star power. He played the main hero even though the real guy he was playing was 6'4" and nothing like Marky Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT