ADVERTISEMENT

Elliot N?

A friend of mine played at Iowa for Elliott. He said he loves this hire and truly believes he will do great things at Nebraska. He also said that Elliott was one of the biggest influence in his life.

Love hearing these kinds of things.
He's been in the game a long time with measured success. For kids in a FB program, he's likely a special dude.

tithay01 is right about the made up job at ND. Elliott had an alternative kidney transplant to cover-up his firing as a coach.

I stand corrected. Nice job by ND for taking care of the guy. Now let's hope the game has not passed him by in those 3 years.

Well another former Iowa coach is going to Lincoln? I see what Nebraska is trying to do "if you can't beat them try to emulate them."

Diaco and Elliott should call each of the players in for a meeting. The players can then say that they have a meeting with the Bobs.

A friend of mine played at Iowa for Elliott. He said he loves this hire and truly believes he will do great things at Nebraska. He also said that Elliott was one of the biggest influence in his life.

Love hearing these kinds of things.

Your friend said the same thing about the KAZ hire, how did that work out?

Looks like a has been or a buddy hire
How can you say that? The guy is a hell of a coach, understands the defense Diaco is installing, had good defenses while at K State, has contacts in the Midwest and teamed up with Diaco at Notre Dame to have an outstanding defense and get to the national championship game. If this is a has been or a buddy hire, give me more of them ....

Well another former Iowa coach is going to Lincoln? I see what Nebraska is trying to do "if you can't beat them try to emulate them."

I had no idea Iowa ran the 3-4 as their base defense. Oh that's right, they don't. You're really trying way too hard at this.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is the 5th former Hawkeye coach Nebraska has hired so you must be trying to emulate.

And like I've said before, why would we want to emulate mediocrity? Hayden 'Fox' won exactly zero national titles, and was honestly never close. If we want to emulate anyone, it would be Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, and Nebraska's history.

I like Bob Elliott for what he did at K-State. He had some great defenses there, and did it with the recruiting limitations of Man'happenin', KS. And neither Diaco nor Elliot learned anything about the 3-4 in Iowa City.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
And like I've said before, why would we want to emulate mediocrity? Hayden 'Fox' won exactly zero national titles, and was honestly never close. If we want to emulate anyone, it would be Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, and Nebraska's history.

I like Bob Elliott for what he did at K-State. He had some great defenses there, and did it with the recruiting limitations of Man'happenin', KS. And neither Diaco nor Bennett learned anything about the 3-4 in Iowa City.
Considering that Eliot's uncle was a head coach at NU and that Eliot has coached all over the place with much greater success at other places than Iowa, I would say the Iowa line on his resume is kind of like the "pizza delivery guy in college" line on the resume of a theoretical physicist.......not relevant.

Considering that Eliot's uncle was a head coach at NU and that Eliot has coached all over the place with much greater success at other places than Iowa, I would say the Iowa line on his resume is kind of like the "pizza delivery guy in college" line on the resume of a theoretical physicist.......not relevant.
I think you are wanting to discount the coaching stint at Iowa because it was Iowa. The fact that he was associate head coach to Fry and anticipated to be Fry's replacement prior to his health issues is a little more than "college pizza delivery guy." That be like giving credit to Alverez for his success only because he is a former Husker player and it that he coached under Fry at iowa

Elliott's been all over the place, I can understand comparing Diaco and Alvarez cause Alvarez Coached at Iowa and now Diaco will be defensive coordinator at Nebraska and they played for opposite schools.

ADVERTISEMENT