ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 11 finalist - Official. Danny K is an NU first!! Accuracy winner.

Don’t go confusing the Hawkeye with math..
200.gif

Not a surprising take from you, SMH. Because I remember you saying something maybe about coaching against him that he's just another guy or average 😂😂

the 2 examples you used as Elite 11 quarterbacks is laughable, you forgot Johnny Stanon too and yes most of us are old enough to remember Hildebrand. There is a reason none of the previous elite 11 quarterbacks Nebraska has landed amount to shit

1. Stand by my assessment. Maybe you have more info than me. I do think Nebraska needs to take a QB every year though.
2. Really didn’t say anything about the kid in this thread. Just generally annoyed with stuff like this that really have nothing to do with actual football.
3. Thanks for following.

1. Stand by my assessment. Maybe you have more info than me. I do think Nebraska needs to take a QB every year though.
2. Really didn’t say anything about the kid in this thread. Just generally annoyed with stuff like this that really have nothing to do with actual football.
3. Thanks for following.
Sounds like you and @whatwouldlawrencephillipsdo would make great friends

Is it going to help win a football game? No. Is it great from a recruiting standpoint? Absolutely.

Did anyone think the day Raiola announced that we would have a qb committed a few weeks later that would be towards the top of the leaderboard at a competition involving the best qbs in the country?

This is so anti-Frost it's shocking. No scrambling. No signing some random kid that everyone else backed off just to fill a slot. Throw in that he's an Omaha kid, where NU has lost a ton of credibility over the years, and it's icing on the cake. No way this doesn't hold weight with local skill position prospects.

It's another way to evaluate players, of course it's not perfect but it helps. Why even been on this recruiting class site with that mindset? Tons of 2-3 stars become nothing or starters and the same applies to 4-5 stars at the college level. Not an exact science by an means but weird to try and suck the fun out of the offseason. Go Danny/GBR!

Former top performers at the Elite 11 event include:

• Teddy Bridgewater (2010)
  • Jameis Winston (2011)
  • Jared Goff (2012)
  • Deshaun Watson (2013)
  • Kyler Murray (2014)
  • Tua Tagovailoa (2016)
  • Justin Fields (2017)
  • Trevor Lawrence (2017)
  • Sam Howell (2018)
  • Bo Nix (2018)
  • Bryce Young (2019)
  • CJ Stroud (2019)
  • JJ McCarthy (2020)
  • Drake Maye (2020)
  • Caleb Williams (2020)
  • Quinn Ewers (2021)
  • Drew Allar (2021)
  • Cade Klubnik (2021)
The 2018 MVP was Spencer Rattler, who went to Oklahoma then transferred to South Carolina. He is still there. Of the top 12 finalist that year only one was a Heisman finalist (Max Duggan) and only two are in the NFL....Sam Howell and Max Duggan! Duggan finished 7th in the competition at the Elite 11 that year. There's more to playing Q.B than just performing at Q.B Showcases!

Pretty sure you're trolling hard... but just in case you're not. There are 9 kids there that didn't make that list, you know that right?
not trolling at all. been a husker fan since the 1989 season and tbh no i wasn't considering people werent ranked so thats my bad. just cautiously optimistic after being let down so many times.

The 2018 MVP was Spencer Rattler, who went to Oklahoma then transferred to South Carolina. He is still there. Of the top 12 finalist that year only one was a Heisman finalist (Max Duggan) and only two are in the NFL....Sam Howell and Max Duggan! Duggan finished 7th in the competition at the Elite 11 that year. There's more to playing Q.B than just performing at Q.B Showcases!
Of course there is but there were qb's this year committed to all 4 playoff teams plus Bama, OU, ND, PSU, and LSU. Clearly some pretty talented players that some good coaches evaluated. Our backup qb plan came in and finished 10th. Showing that he has physical tools. Think about that. So different then reaching on some random qb.

Last edited:
Kid is competing well at an elite camp and is committed to NU. This is a good thing.
Exactly. People should just take it at face value. I swear some on here are so miserable they have to complain about everything. Some mfers here could fall into a barrel of tittys and come out sucking their thumb.😰

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT