ADVERTISEMENT

EJ is 2 for 2

RedMyMind

Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
He was the guy who sealed the deal last year vs Purdue

94zy96.gif

I agree, I admire rj but Emmett is way better he should get more pt
RJ is very respectable. But I imagine after today, the coaches might agree with us and emphasize him more every down role and keep feeding DD in power scheme/short yardage.

After seeing literally any other back, I don’t understand how Rhamir gets playing time. He probably fumbles it the least in practice is my guess. I like the guy and his loyalty but I’d love to see Dowdell/Emmit

Reactions: BleedRed78
By far the best vision of our backs. I love Dowdells physicality but he just doesn’t see the holes well.

It’s been said his pass pro sucks which is what keeps him off the field. Even if that’s true, he gives you a threat that the other guys do not possess. Needs to be on the lead guy here on out

Exactly, after today he should be the starter. He is a more shiftier than Dowdell.
And he was a good back last year too. It is not as if his talent is unknown. I tell you, it is shit like this that makes you wonder why the coaches can’t see what is obvious to even armchair fans. It is f$cking infuriating. Dowdell is a bruiser. But when your offensive line is struggling you put in your best guy for juking and getting through narrow lanes. Guys who can make jump cuts.

Reactions: king_kong_
He is. So why isn’t he the starter?
Rhule implied he would be a second half back because that's when he did well last year. Against CU and Illnois looks like he had a combined one carry (and the second half offense didn't look good in either). Maybe time to use him more as planned.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT