ADVERTISEMENT

Early Thoughts - Rank Em

Short at WR and DE. I can’t see eight wins.
Purdue isn't short at pass catchers. Multiple 4 star guys, experienced guys. Two really good TE's. 2nd best QB in the big ten and Brohm as OC helps.

Run D will be really solid. Pass rush could be a bit of a question mark, but hopefully one of the top 250 DE's coming in can help some. Add in a super easy schedule of no automatic losses. This is Brohms best, deepest team. Less than 8 would be a disappointment.

Their entire season hinges on that PSU game at home to start the season. Crap that away and they are done.
Done with what? That's the toughest game Purdue has? Outside of Wisconsin and probably Minnesota, Purdue is likely favored every other game.

Purdue isn't short at pass catchers. Multiple 4 star guys, experienced guys. Two really good TE's. 2nd best QB in the big ten and Brohm as OC helps.

Run D will be really solid. Pass rush could be a bit of a question mark, but hopefully one of the top 250 DE's coming in can help some. Add in a super easy schedule of no automatic losses. This is Brohms best, deepest team. Less than 8 would be a disappointment.
Your experienced guys are two WRs who left Iowa because they were getting passed over by true freshman last year. Compared to last year, you definitely regressed.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Done with what? That's the toughest game Purdue has? Outside of Wisconsin and probably Minnesota, Purdue is likely favored every other game.
Done with the chance of having a "good" season.

Having "high hopes" for "the best season under Jeff" will come crashing down if you crap the bed at home the very first game of the season.

I mean, you could still get to that magical 7 win season.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Your experienced guys are two WRs who left Iowa because they were getting passed over by true freshman last year. Compared to last year, you definitely regressed.
Sure. Compared to last year. You must be forgetting the other WR's that have played and are experienced at Purdue. It isn't a sure thing either of them start. Sheffield, Thompson as experienced. Yaseen has been a play maker, but got hurt last year early. Rice has flashed, but keeps getting hurt, so I won't tout him up. It's not like purdue has 2 star and low 3 star recruits replacing Bell and Wright. Brohms offense is super WR friendly. Add in Durham and Miller. They are experienced pass catchers. Not sure where this narrative that purdues best WR's are Iowa transfers is coming from.

Pass rush is probably not as good. I'm banking on having a top 25 DL coach there.

Done with the chance of having a "good" season.

Having "high hopes" for "the best season under Jeff" will come crashing down if you crap the bed at home the very first game of the season.

I mean, you could still get to that magical 7 win season.
If Purdue wins the first game, I'm starting the 10 win hype. Not sure that PSU game equals 3 losses. Even if they lose that game, should still start 3-1. Purdue is just as talented as anyone in the west minus maybe Wisconsin.

If Purdue wins the first game, I'm starting the 10 win hype. Not sure that PSU game equals 3 losses. Even if they lose that game, should still start 3-1. Purdue is just as talented as anyone in the west minus maybe Wisconsin.
I have to admit that it is hard to talk expectations with you because Purdue football fans seem to not really have any.

It is almost like ISU fans, where last year they were a "Dark horse" to make the playoffs, totally flopped, won like 7 games and their fans were so happy.

I have to admit that it is hard to talk expectations with you because Purdue football fans seem to not really have any.

It is almost like ISU fans, where last year they were a "Dark horse" to make the playoffs, totally flopped, won like 7 games and their fans were so happy.
Purdue has expectations under Brohm, but also knew that it was going to take a few years to rebuild. When Brohm came to Purdue, he inherited a mid-level Mac team talent wise. Without the portal, that takes time. That's why we were patient through those couple bad years. Covid also affected things, but it's rolling again. Last year, most Purdue fans expected 6-7. Got 9. This year is Brohms most depth and talent across the board. Most are expecting 8, but know the potential for 10 if the ball falls right is there. Getting AOC back was huge for the heightened expectations. Also allows the other 4 star QB's to watch one more year. Just need to keep recruiting QB, WR, and DL really well.

Purdue has expectations under Brohm, but also knew that it was going to take a few years to rebuild. When Brohm came to Purdue, he inherited a mid-level Mac team talent wise. Without the portal, that takes time. That's why we were patient through those couple bad years. Covid also affected things, but it's rolling again. Last year, most Purdue fans expected 6-7. Got 9. This year is Brohms most depth and talent across the board. Most are expecting 8, but know the potential for 10 if the ball falls right is there. Getting AOC back was huge for the heightened expectations. Also allows the other 4 star QB's to watch one more year. Just need to keep recruiting QB, WR, and DL really well.
I feel like I accidentally signed up for "Boilermaker Monthly"

So I just type "STOP" to make it end?

Sure. Compared to last year. You must be forgetting the other WR's that have played and are experienced at Purdue. It isn't a sure thing either of them start. Sheffield, Thompson as experienced. Yaseen has been a play maker, but got hurt last year early. Rice has flashed, but keeps getting hurt, so I won't tout him up. It's not like purdue has 2 star and low 3 star recruits replacing Bell and Wright. Brohms offense is super WR friendly. Add in Durham and Miller. They are experienced pass catchers. Not sure where this narrative that purdues best WR's are Iowa transfers is coming from.

Pass rush is probably not as good. I'm banking on having a top 25 DL coach there.
Maybe. I just did a quick Google and saw Jones is currently WR1 and Tracy is on the 2-deep. Having watched those players play, a lot, it’s hard to see that position as anything other than below average at this point. You had a generational talent in Bell, that’s tough to replace, but I hope they do as well as you think they will.

Maybe. I just did a quick Google and saw Jones is currently WR1 and Tracy is on the 2-deep. Having watched those players play, a lot, it’s hard to see that position as anything other than below average at this point. You had a generational talent in Bell, that’s tough to replace, but I hope they do as well as you think they will.
Where you see that?

GREAT comparison. All this hype from the coal shoveler is making me excited for AOC (lol) and purdue to completely piss the only season they’ve ever had any expectations down their legs

just like the basketball team every single year, without fail

Reactions: ulrey
I think Purdue will be very competitive this year. If Mertz improves, Wisconsin dominates.

1. Wisconsin
2. Purdue
3. Iowa
4. Minnesota
5. Nebraska
6. Northwestern
7. Illinois

Michigan State drops off. Indiana moves up. Ohio State goes 12-0 into the Big Ten Championship.

1. Ohio St
2. Michigan
3. Penn St.
4. Michigan St.
5. Indiana
6. Rutgers
7. Maryland
Purdue is over ratted.

Shower clappers are -3.5 @ purdue somehow despite purdue having a significant home field advantage (really big drum, maybe 20k bumpkins in the seats) and infinitely better QB

What am I missing?

lol nevermind, shower clappers by 100

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Shower clappers are -3.5 @ purdue somehow despite purdue having a significant home field advantage (really big drum, maybe 20k bumpkins in the seats) and infinitely better QB

What am I missing?

lol nevermind, shower clappers by 100
Is it -3.5 now? It opened at -2.

Reactions: king_kong_
I laughed when I read this. clappers deserve everything they get.

imagine being indignant about literally anything whilst representing state penn

Reactions: moralvictories

Like I said it was a quick Google. No idea the source.
Ah. Ya. Purdue insiders did a guess the other day and mentioned Tracey and Jones, but outside of sheffield and Thompson, it could be them, or Yaseen and Rice if healthy. Helps that Brohm has a super friendly passing offense. I'm curious to see if Steptoe plays much. He had a nice spring.

That annoying dumbshit thought Bob Diaco was going to be awesome.
I thought Purdue had the pieces to pull it off. And the defense was good through two weeks. Then the wheels fell off. Add in covid. Purdue has the defensive staff right though now. Top tier DL coach helps a ton.

I think most Nebraska fans will admit that we’ve been a crap team for the past few years. One of our biggest embarrassments is losing to Purdue.
Hazell was really bad. Ruined Purdue football. That's not representative of Purdue football though. Usually a bowl team at minimum. Known for QB's and DE's. One of the best QB producing schools over the history of the NFL. It's not like Purdue has a bad history. Just some bad years.

Hazell was really bad. Ruined Purdue football. That's not representative of Purdue football though. Usually a bowl team at minimum. Known for QB's and DE's. One of the best QB producing schools over the history of the NFL. It's not like Purdue has a bad history. Just some bad years.
No one on this board ****in cares about anything Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT