ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports College Football 25 Updates

Hopefully the spring game will influence how good they have us. I don't wanna play if we are rated like last year. I'm sure DR will be the starter, I hope.

I was really disappointed that it is on the Madden engine. Madden is trash compared to the old NCAA games
I think you are remembering those old NCAA games playing better than they did.
Were they a blast to play? Yes. But after playing some of the next gen Maddens, I have dusted off the old Xbox 360 and fired up NCAA 14. Ughhh. Not the best gameplay.

Reactions: baseball_23
I find Madden 24 to be the first one in a long time where the game play is decent. It feels more fluid and less robotic. The last Madden I played was 19 before they made major changes to franchise mode. I have been saving my vacation time this year to do nothing but play this game so it better not disappoint.

I'm not worried about us not being that great the first year in the game. That's easy to fix after you go undefeated and win the natty with DR as a frosh QB. Then after the fourth year you won't even recognize anyone and it will all be computer generated players.

I find Madden 24 to be the first one in a long time where the game play is decent. It feels more fluid and less robotic. The last Madden I played was 19 before they made major changes to franchise mode. I have been saving my vacation time this year to do nothing but play this game so it better not disappoint.

I'm not worried about us not being that great the first year in the game. That's easy to fix after you go undefeated and win the natty with DR as a frosh QB. Then after the fourth year you won't even recognize anyone and it will all be computer generated players.
Downloading the new rosters every year will add another layer of intrigue to the transfer portal.

I’ll admit it. I’m taking a week off work when this comes out. Lately I’m playing 2014 almost every weekend with updated rosters. Won the natty and Heisman with DR his freshman year! I have this really stupid hope that I’ve created some sort of video game voodoo doll for the real team.

So far DR half through year two, he, Emmett and Coleman are all 3 in the top 5 projected heisman winners, in that order. Will update this story as it develops.

Downloading the new rosters every year will add another layer of intrigue to the transfer portal.
It's going to be interesting to see how they handle the transfer portal in the game. I know in Madden they have motivations for resigning players in franchise mode, I wonder if they will use motivations for NIL and the transfer portal as well. It will suck if I create an elite QB and then he hits the portal after one year and I lose him.

I have been playing dynasty mode on NCAA 14 since it came out and haven’t stopped. The gameplay is by far the best college game that was released. Love it! I tried Maddens over the years but gameplay just felt bad to me and went back to NCAA14 every time. Since the new one is coming out soon I went ahead and bought the new Xbox and I’ve been playing Madden 24 to get used to it (even though it won’t be the same, I assume it’ll be closer to that than to the old college game). I am actually enjoying the gameplay! It’s enjoyable enough for me to feel confident that the new college game will be played very heavily by me! Can’t wait to find that sweet spot with the sliders to have realistic games and have to grind to build the team up.

I have been playing dynasty mode on NCAA 14 since it came out and haven’t stopped. The gameplay is by far the best college game that was released. Love it! I tried Maddens over the years but gameplay just felt bad to me and went back to NCAA14 every time. Since the new one is coming out soon I went ahead and bought the new Xbox and I’ve been playing Madden 24 to get used to it (even though it won’t be the same, I assume it’ll be closer to that than to the old college game). I am actually enjoying the gameplay! It’s enjoyable enough for me to feel confident that the new college game will be played very heavily by me! Can’t wait to find that sweet spot with the sliders to have realistic games and have to grind to build the team up.
I’ve been a critic of Madden in recent years but 24 added some nice animations as far as catching and tackling. I don’t mind the in-game play at all. They needed to fix player scouting though and instead made it way worse. I will be upset if NCAA scouting is anything like current madden but I am optimistic that it won’t be.

I have a PS4 and of course the new NCAA game will only be on PS5.

I might wait a year to let them get everything sorted out before I buy a new system.

Reactions: saluno22
I’ll admit it. I’m taking a week off work when this comes out. Lately I’m playing 2014 almost every weekend with updated rosters. Won the natty and Heisman with DR his freshman year! I have this really stupid hope that I’ve created some sort of video game voodoo doll for the real team.

So far DR half through year two, he, Emmett and Coleman are all 3 in the top 5 projected heisman winners, in that order. Will update this story as it develops.
A week, “family man”?

Voodoo bit tracks

Correct. I’ll be at my house—>more—>where my family lives. Let me know if you need anymore help with this. Happy Mother’s Day to your wife or ex-wife!
Thanks.

I brought my wife to Napa to celebrate. She deserves it.

Bet yours is pumped to watch you stay home and sit in front of the Xbox instead of going on vacation this summer

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
I think you are remembering those old NCAA games playing better than they did.
Were they a blast to play? Yes. But after playing some of the next gen Maddens, I have dusted off the old Xbox 360 and fired up NCAA 14. Ughhh. Not the best gameplay.
I'm talking more NCAA 06 and prior.

The madden gameplay is top notch. Hopefully the NCAA borrows this. Now, the franchise mode in madden (online) is full of bugs and hopefully the NCAA game has a stronger online dynasty.

NCAA always used older madden platforms, or borrowed. NCAA ‘14 was a masterpiece because they finally perfected the dynasty’s mode and hit gold with a good game engine as well.

Damn EA sports. They have #33 at left guard ... wrong Mazzccua.
They have 72 and 99 at DTs .... Nash and Ty.

double dumb asses

Reactions: king_kong_
Wait, you were serious about using your vacation time to play a video game? I thought that post was sarcasm

Not my cup of tea but I am learning i'm in the minority with that along with fantasy FB. I alao wonder if most wives like it to because they know where their husbands are and what their doing and it is a healtby thing to be passionate about something...like gardening, reading, cycling, etc....and playing Madden isn't something you do at the bar. IDK, I think its pretty cool, just not my cup of tea like I said...but millions of grown men with big boy jobs love it so I get it if somebody wanrs to rake time off when it releases...especially with the gap from the last time it was out there, to now.

I manage a group of engineers ranging from their 20's into their 40's, some with families. I can always tell when there's a new video game release or patch drop. If I am not careful, I would have an empty facility every time Final Fantasy drops a new version...lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick_G.
I like to point out how stupid the name Final Fantasy is when there's 20 of em.
0tcia1aopiu41.jpg

Wait, you were serious about using your vacation time to play a video game? I thought that post was sarcasm.
I own my own two businesses. One of them is fairly automated. I will take some work related calls/texts during that time. I probably take more vacation days than the average working person but I do have the need for communication on some of those days.

I’m a big believer in busting ass to build something self sustaining and then relaxing.

I own my own two businesses. One of them is fairly automated. I will take some work related calls/texts during that time. I probably take more vacation days than the average working person but I do have the need for communication on some of those days.

I’m a big believer in busting ass to build something self sustaining and then relaxing.

Everybody would do their version of this if they could. No explanation necessary.

I have not played in years but playing that game in college was like a religion. So many games, so many busted controls and slammed doors, so much shit talking and arguing...but all of it totally a blast.

One year me and 3-4 roommates all picked a team and did the dynasty mode. The most frustrating part was waiting for one of the guys to finally play his game so that we could move to the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT