ADVERTISEMENT

Dysfunctional Big 12.....

Ever been to the bootheal of Missouri? Yeah, they fit in with the south.
th
giphy.gif
Deliverance_027Pyxurz.jpg

Kansas and Oklahoma will be in the B1G. It makes too much sense for them not to be. They will leave their little brothers behind.

misery fans have a loooong tradition at rewriting history.

KU and OU to the BiG because they both have strong national audiences. Kansas St and Okla St land on their feet.......in the Big 12!!
Because texas loves having their 'little bitch' conference as opposed to being independent or subjecting themselves to a real conference.
They will just plug in Cincinnati and Houston and keep on business as usual.

KU should have hitched their wagon with us in 2010. The B1G, should have taken Nebraska, Kansas and Mizzou in 2010. I would rather have OU, but Mizzou at the time would have made more sense.

I still think OU may be a tough pull, but I will be shocked if at least Kansas isn't in the B1G by 2020.

But there would have had to be a 14 for KU to go along at that time. And I'm not convinced that the BiG ever would have taken missouri. There are a LOT of issues in Columbia.

OSU would be a great addition. In football they are in the top 12 in terms of wins over the last seven years (only Ohio State and MSU have more wins from the B1G). They have been strong in basketball for decades. They have played in the college world series a lot of years in the past and their wrestling program is outstanding.

Plus, they have some pretty sweet facilities.

OSU would be a great addition. In football they are in the top 12 in terms of wins over the last seven years (only Ohio State and MSU have more wins from the B1G). They have been strong in basketball for decades. They have played in the college world series a lot of years in the past and their wrestling program is outstanding.

Those academics though...

I admit I can't help it, I liked the Big 12 better. I guess the closest thing I could compare it to is the girl who makes lousy decisions, smokes to much, and causes you nothing but trouble....But when she shows up at 1AM drunk and ready to go, you can't help yourself. That's the Big 12 for me, the self destructive hottie you can't quite forget and move on from. My bad. Glad I am not in any position of power to determine our fate....
I think this is a good analogy and I was smitten with a girl like that. Then I met a girl who makes great decisions, doesn't smoke, is super sexy at 8 PM when we are both sober, and is no trouble at all. Once in awhile I think of the first girl fondly, but if she showed up at 1 AM ready to go I would slam the door in her face. Sort of like the B12.

Reactions: timnsun
I think this is a good analogy and I was smitten with a girl like that. Then I met a girl who makes great decisions, doesn't smoke, is super sexy at 8 PM when we are both sober, and is no trouble at all. Once in awhile I think of the first girl fondly, but if she showed up at 1 AM ready to go I would slam the door in her face. Sort of like the B12.

both of these analogies are spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT