ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola hype train

It'll be interesting to see how the ratings pan out. Seems about 50-50 on 5 star QB's. I think DR has all of the tools, but for you CFB nerds here are the previous dudes.

Rivals
Pro-Style #1-2
2015 - Josh Rosen and Jake Browning
2016 - Jacob Eason and KJ Costello
2017 - Davis Mills and Hunter Johnson
2018 - Trevor Lawrence and JT Daniels
2019 - Bo Nix and Graham Mertz
2020 - DJ Uiagalelei and Harrison Bailey
2021 - Quinn Ewers and Brock Vandagriff
2022 - Cade Klubnik and Walker Howard
2023 - Arch Manning and Nico Iamaleava
I actually feel better after looking at this list. There are just enough that started as true Freshman and did well that it’s not unreasonable to at least hope DR can do the same.

Reactions: king_kong_
I am hoping for the best and I hope Corcoran can make me eat the entire shit sandwich. I hope he turns the corner and can at least be similar to Benhardts year last year. If that happens we've got a chance to have a decent year.
I liked your post. Especially the part of you eating a giant shit sandwich. Please post the video when it happens 😁

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If eating shit made your team better iowa would have about 40 national championships…
Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

QB1 going to make some great plays but also freshman mistakes. Like we have talked about the team around him and play calling is the bigger concern.

It'll be interesting to see how the ratings pan out. Seems about 50-50 on 5 star QB's. I think DR has all of the tools, but for you CFB nerds here are the previous dudes.

Rivals
Pro-Style #1-2
2015 - Josh Rosen and Jake Browning
2016 - Jacob Eason and KJ Costello
2017 - Davis Mills and Hunter Johnson
2018 - Trevor Lawrence and JT Daniels
2019 - Bo Nix and Graham Mertz
2020 - DJ Uiagalelei and Harrison Bailey
2021 - Quinn Ewers and Brock Vandagriff
2022 - Cade Klubnik and Walker Howard
2023 - Arch Manning and Nico Iamaleava

Dual #1-2
2015 - Deondre Francois and Blake Barnett
2016 - Shea Patterson and Malik Henery
2017 - Kellen Mond and Tate Martell
2018 - Justin Fields and Dorian Thompson Robinson
2019 - Spencer Rattler and Jayden Daniels
2020 - Bryce Young and Luke Doty
2021 - Caleb Williams and Ty Thompson
2022 - Conor Weigman and Gunnar Stockton
2023 - Avery Johnson and Pierce Clarkson
2021 5-star QB Ty Thompson was just beat out of the starting job at Tulane by a redshirt freshman. Thompson transferred from Oregon to Tulane in January after Oregon brought in two highly rated transfer quarterbacks.

Former Five-Star Oregon Quarterback Beat Out At New School For Starting Role

Reactions: RedCap and headcard
Thompson beat out at Tulane just 10 days ahead of classmate Caleb Williams preparing his NFL debut as the #1 overall pick.

life comes at you fast.
Off topic a bit, but I watched last year's Bama v. Texas game and to that point in his career, former 5* Ewers was hitting at 22% on all passes that were in the air more than 20 yards. That's pretty lousy.

Fortunately it seems like Dylan has both qualities in abundance: natural talent AND work ethic.
Incredibly mature for a guy his age. He’s got the benefit of being coached by people who have already spent time on the mountain top. But, his willingness to be teachable is the big difference maker, IMO.

I will be clued in to see how he internalizes adversity. That rare attribute whereby you are a fierce competitor, but don’t let your emotions spin you out of control and take you out of your game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT