ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft info. QB's

Gonna be irate for a whole night when the Bears inevitably take another DT at pick 9 instead of actually trying to have a good offense. Gotta make sure to set the new QB up for success with a 4th DT pick in 2 years!

If they are smart, they would take WR Rome Odunze.

Any of the top 3 WRs, Bowers or best available OT is what I want. Offense-offense with 1st two picks is all I've wanted for a year but I know they'll go defense because that's what they do every year. Offense is optional.

Any of the top 3 WRs, Bowers or best available OT is what I want. Offense-offense with 1st two picks is all I've wanted for a year but I know they'll go defense because that's what they do every year. Offense is optional.
Packers fans are terrified of having to compete with good teams in their conference.

they'd have a losing record in the AFC.

Fellow Packer fans who do you want in the 1st round? I would be ecstatic with Dejean. OT, IOL, CB/S and RE are all positions of need. @Huskers123456
I'll be honest. I would rather not have another Iowa player. I haven't read up on OT's but that's what direction I would likely head. Although the advantage of having so many top 100 picks is they can be open minded and take the best available at position of needs.

So rare to be this young and have so many top 100 picks. I would use first 2 picks for OL and DB. Use the last of the 3rd round on a rb. Best available for 2 in the middle, but would probably go defense.

Reactions: HBK4life
I think they're going to move on that pick one way or another

package with something next year to move up or fleece another team while moving back to the early teens

maybe they pick 1 (Caleb) and 4 (Marv Harrison)? Houston pulled this off last year moving back into the top 5

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
I'll be honest. I would rather not have another Iowa player. I haven't read up on OT's but that's what direction I would likely head. Although the advantage of having so many top 100 picks is they can be open minded and take the best available at position of needs.

So rare to be this young and have so many top 100 picks. I would use first 2 picks for OL and DB. Use the last of the 3rd round on a rb. Best available for 2 in the middle, but would probably go defense.
I would be fine with any of these top 5.

1. T JOE ALT, NOTRE DAME

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 5​

The NFL draft is all about finding players with size, speed and strength who have the IQ to use those traits optimally. That's Joe Alt, and that should spell a top-10 selection as a future long-term tackle.

Three-year grades and scouting report: Available in the PFF big board

2. T TALIESE FUAGA, OREGON STATE

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 13​

Ultimately, Fuaga's tape is that of a starting NFL offensive lineman, whether that is at tackle or guard. He brings the powerful mentality needed to stand out in the trenches. I believe he has the adequate length and foot speed, good offensive line IQ and elite strength to succeed at tackle and get a shot there as a first-round pick.

3. T TROY FAUTANU, WASHINGTON

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 15​

Fautanu is a true athlete of an offensive lineman with starting-caliber traits for center or guard. His movement skills would be a big plus in a zone-blocking scheme.

4. T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 17​

Fashanu is not only incredibly talented but will also be one of the youngest prospects in the 2024 class. He is the type of athlete in the trenches you draft in the first round, even if he needs to get stronger to live up to his very high potential.

5. T JC LATHAM, ALABAMA

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 18​

Latham is in the mold of an offensive lineman who does not come around often. He will be just 21 years old during his rookie season, yet he has two years of starting experience in the SEC. Despite garnering 18 penalties over the past two years and having room to improve in some anticipation parts of the position, Latham is a first-round trench player due to his rare combination of size, speed and refinement.

I think they're going to move on that pick one way or another

package with something next year to move up or fleece another team while moving back to the early teens

maybe they pick 1 (Caleb) and 4 (Marv Harrison)? Houston pulled this off last year moving back into the top 5

Would absolutely love for them to trade up for MHJ but I hate seeing all the betting sites having Murphy as their favorite at 9. I won't hold it against Murphy if he's the pick but I will hate it tomorrow night solely because it's not an offensive pick.

Reactions: king_kong_
Would absolutely love for them to trade up for MHJ but I hate seeing all the betting sites having Murphy as their favorite at 9. I won't hold it against Murphy if he's the pick but I will hate it tomorrow night solely because it's not an offensive pick.
I won't mind it.

in addition to their QB woes, the Bears haven't drafted an impact WR since Alshon Jeffrey.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86

Lots of good RB's to grab in rounds 2-4. Been hearing Jaylen Wright from Tennessee, Trey Benson from FSU or Blake Corum.

1. HB JONATHON BROOKS, TEXAS

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 49​

Brooks is an ideal blend of size, speed, strength and agility. Though limited in snap totals, he has good vision in both gap and zone run schemes. If he can get back to form following his torn ACL, he has all the goods to be a starting running back in the NFL.

2. HB BLAKE CORUM, MICHIGAN

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 52​

Corum was not as efficient in the individual metrics of running back play after his meniscus tear, but the traits of an effective back were present in 2023, specifically toward the end of the season. He lacks elite overall athleticism but is precise, sees the field well, has good contact balance and brings good third-down abilities, which should yield a contributing role in the NFL.

3. HB JAYLEN WRIGHT, TENNESSEE

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 68​

Wright is an NFL-caliber athlete for the running back position. His youth is both a positive (lack of mileage) and a negative (lack of consistent RB vision), but he has succeeded in both gap and zone-blocking concepts and has top-tier pass protection ability for three-down potential in the NFL.

4. HB TREY BENSON, FLORIDA STATE

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 75​

Benson brings NFL build and athleticism to the table in all categories of explosiveness, but he is too focused on his athletic abilities and needs more patience in order to maximize his athletic gifts and be more than a committee running back.

5. HB BUCKY IRVING, OREGON

PFF BIG BOARD RANK: 79​

Irving might not have the look of a running back that teams will automatically covet on draft weekend, but his tape shows an incredibly efficient player in both the run and pass games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskers123456

Also need an edge RE.
Names I've been hearing are Chop, Latu and Edgerrin Cooper from A@M.

EDGE DEFENDER

1. ED DALLAS TURNER, ALABAMA

2. ED JARED VERSE, FLORIDA STATE

3. ED LAIATU LATU, UCLA

4. ED CHRIS BRASWELL, ALABAMA

5. ED CHOP ROBINSON, PENN STATE

Reactions: Huskers123456
Right. Good teams like the Cowboys, Lions, Chiefs? Beat all of them. Took the Niners to the 4th quarter on their home field. Who's your team Iowa boy?
let's remember losses to the Raiders, Broncos, and Steelers.

take a break from sucking off the mods and obsessing over Iowa . getting a job would be a good start, fatty

• Haha
What NFL team do you root for?
don't have one. i enjoy watching NFL, but i don't feel it in my heart like when i see the red N. CFB Saturday is like Christmas. Warm, jovial, culturally involved. Sunday is like New Years Eve. A fun sugar rush that feels manufactured.

i latch on to certain players. Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are two i enjoy watching because they're a fun story. Lions were fun when they had Suh. Have a few friends on the Seahawks roster, but I don't really enjoy watching those games

i live in Cowboys/Chiefs country, so i'm a big fan of anything negative happening to them because i'm a hater.

don't have one. i enjoy watching NFL, but i don't feel it in my heart like when i see the red N. CFB Saturday is like Christmas. Warm, jovial, culturally involved. Sunday is like New Years Eve. A fun sugar rush that feels manufactured.

i latch on to certain players. Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are two i enjoy watching because they're a fun story. Lions were fun when they had Suh. Have a few friends on the Seahawks roster, but I don't really enjoy watching those games

i live in Cowboys/Chiefs country, so i'm a big fan of anything negative happening to them because i'm a hater.
Rep a team or STFU.

It’s obvious that you’re a hater. That’s your schtick.

How original Herky. You're fat. Stop projecting. Talk shit and doesn't have a team. Definition of a cuck.
struck a nerve, clearly. careful getting that blood pressure up, big gal.

gave yourself away with the "projection" bit. 100% chance you frequent Iowa message boards too

• Haha
anyone who doesn't slobber over the Purdy family tree is a hater to you.

i'm realistic, its just unfortunate it doesn't align with many of yalls fantasies
Yall? Fantasies? 😂. No. I’m just not a hater like some. Fair and balanced😉

Vikings should offer Jefferson and the #11 to the Pats for their #3 pick. The Pats have a lot of needs and I think they would still get McCarthy at 11. Jefferson is becoming a Stefon Diggs kind of locker room problem and there's a ton of WRs in this draft.

Problem with that is Jefferson is under contract for just one more year isnt he? Doubt anyone is giving up much draft capital unless he agrees to an extension firat

Vikings should offer Jefferson and the #11 to the Pats for their #3 pick. The Pats have a lot of needs and I think they would still get McCarthy at 11. Jefferson is becoming a Stefon Diggs kind of locker room problem and there's a ton of WRs in this draft.
who would you want at 3 that bad? feels like the Bears trading up for Trubisky

if I'm the Vikings I go Penix at 11. If Odunze falls past 15, I'd trade up. If he's gone, hold out for Troy Franklin at their current spot.

You'd have the only QB besides Williams who was constantly making NFL throws, and an absolutely loaded WR room for him to work with. Jefferson starts crowing for a new contract? See ya, we have Addison and Franklin. have fun at the Raiders

edit: misread

if I'm the Vikings I go Penix at 11. If Odunze falls past 15, I'd trade up. If he's gone, hold out for Troy Franklin at their current spot.

You'd have the only QB besides Williams who was constantly making NFL throws, and an absolutely loaded WR room for him to work with. Jefferson starts crowing for a new contract? See ya, we have Addison and Franklin. have fun at the Raiders

Pats have a lot of needs. They could get their playmaker proven WR and still maybe get McCarthy. They’ve got Brisset who likely will be better than Maye and McCarthy. In my mind it makes sense for both teams.

I hear he's demanding QB money. That won't fly anywhere.
I like Jefferson, but I think he’s gonna be a problem long-term. Didn’t chirp too much when he was injured, but if he doesn’t get his yards this year and doesn’t like who his quarterback is going to be long-term, expect him to force his way out WHILE wanting an insane deal.

I would take Maye. Personally I'm still of opinion that they should stay put or trade down to get more picks. They've got issues at all levels on the defense that need to be addressed. They need a young WR and a developmental QB. McCarthy isn't a day one starter IMO. So either you go up and get a guy some are comparing to Josh Allen or you move down and probably still get Penix or McCarthy.

This kind of thinking is why the Vikings are the Vikings. Always playing catchup and not forward thinking. Draft a qb when the right one is available, not reaching because of desperation. A team like the Patriots has no need for a wideout in the last year of his deal.

Reactions: thall_
I like Jefferson, but I think he’s gonna be a problem long-term. Didn’t chirp too much when he was injured, but if he doesn’t get his yards this year and doesn’t like who his quarterback is going to be long-term, expect him to force his way out WHILE wanting an insane deal.
He'll want an insane deal but he is really the only relevant thing for the franchise.

This kind of thinking is why the Vikings are the Vikings. Always playing catchup and not forward thinking. Draft a qb when the right one is available, not reaching because of desperation. A team like the Patriots has no need for a wideout in the last year of his deal.
IF they can trade up to get Maye that's probably a forward thinking move. McCarthy is a reach in the first round IMO. That's why i suggested trying to traded down from 11 to get more picks. Get a later first and add a second for your 11th pick. I'm not wild about any of the QBs in this draft including Williams.

IF they can trade up to get Maye that's probably a forward thinking move. McCarthy is a reach in the first round IMO. That's why i suggested trying to traded down from 11 to get more picks. Get a later first and add a second for your 11th pick. I'm not wild about any of the QBs in this draft including Williams.
that's placing a huge bet that Drake Maye > Penix + Jefferson

considering the film, i don't know how you can even justify Maye > Penix

The question is would they be trading up for Maye because he is absolutely the one. Or would they be trading up because he might be available and they desperately need a qb? I know the qb coach or whoever coached Maye in high school. Trading away a bunch of high picks makes it really tough to build a championship roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT