ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else feel concerned that Oregon St is ahead of us in....

Merry Christmas. Hope you all have a great day. We have about a foot of snow on the ground so we will definitely have a White Christmas. Riley has made the Nebraska fans into the Republicans and the Democrats. Half the fans think he is a fine man, great coach and terrific recruiter. The other half of us thinks he's more than a little bit quirky, a coach that has managed to stay in one job for a long time and now has brought his band of elves and ineffective coaching to Lincoln. Finally we think Mike will put in the same lackluster effort into the recruitment of our players. Only time will determine the outcome of this election. Nothing we say or write is going to change anything. The powers to be have determined Nebraska's fate. I am going to go up to the hill and enjoy a trace of new snow on top of yesterday's 4 inches and try to think pleasant thoughts about our program.

Did anyone notice a Bruin OL signed with an agent and will `not play in the bowl game. Interesting. Mora's time maybe running out just like it has everywhere else he has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedManiac
Merry Christmas. Hope you all have a great day. We have about a foot of snow on the ground so we will definitely have a White Christmas. Riley has made the Nebraska fans into the Republicans and the Democrats. Half the fans think he is a fine man, great coach and terrific recruiter. The other half of us thinks he's more than a little bit quirky, a coach that has managed to stay in one job for a long time and now has brought his band of elves and ineffective coaching to Lincoln. Finally we think Mike will put in the same lackluster effort into the recruitment of our players. Only time will determine the outcome of this election. Nothing we say or write is going to change anything. The powers to be have determined Nebraska's fate. I am going to go up to the hill and enjoy a trace of new snow on top of yesterday's 4 inches and try to think pleasant thoughts about our program.

Did anyone notice a Bruin OL signed with an agent and will `not play in the bowl game. Interesting. Mora's time maybe running out just like it has everywhere else he has been.
Love a white Christmas, and Merry Christmas to you as well. The substance of your post is not reality and your analogy is a poor one. Enjoy your sledding.

I wish more people understood that Pelini is GONE. G-O-N-E GONE. No where to be found anywhere close to the program (which is probably more good than bad...which is the same sentiment fans are trying to believe in Riley-current results aside). Give the current coaches another yr or two to see what they can do. We simply have NO other choice.

GBR

So now we're blaming Pelini for Riley's inability to recruit? Might as well blame Pelini for our basketball team losing to Samford while we're at it.
Ummm... Who's blaming Pelini in this thread? If you're talking about Nobueno, look at his join date and post count... I don't see people blaming Pelini in this thread at all other than him, and the jury is still out if he is a legitimate poster or not.

I'm not sure what Pelini has to do with this topic. I understand he's gone and am thankful he is somewhere else. However, he has zero to do with our recruits this year unless he is calling them and bad mouthing the staff just like he and his people were "said" to be doing with current players this year. Outside of that, Pelini being gone should be an aid to recruiting.

Ummm... Who's blaming Pelini in this thread? If you're talking about Nobueno, look at his join date and post count... I don't see people blaming Pelini in this thread at all other than him, and the jury is still out if he is a legitimate poster or not.
Dem damn facts again.

What do you call Iowa? They are a major football power and they are near by. I thought recruiting ended on national signing day not in December.
I agree with the sentiment that the recruiting season isn't close to over, but I wouldn't go so far to say Iowa is some kind of power.

They're good about every 5, 6, or 7 years and in between there, they're ready to fire Ferentz. This was our worst year in the decades and we still would have beaten them if we just turn the ball over two or three times instead of handing it to them four times. Now if they can perform like they did this year for a number of years in a row, they might have something.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Iowa wins against Stanford, but Oregon has been much more consistent over the past decade.

There's a thread bashing Tommy every other day. Funny don't see post saying , we're tired of seeing posts like this when it's about Tommy.

But if it's about 500...OMG!
Maybe because Tommy has been playing 500 ball for three seasons and this recruiting class is far from being on the books yet. Get some common sense sometime.

In recruiting despite the fact that we have better facilities and do not have to compete with a major football power near by? I mean, I thought that was the reason why Reilly couldnt win or recruit at Oregon St. No flame just a legit question, why are we playing catch up in recruiting to schools like Oregon St?
Nope, If that were the case after signing day, then, yes absolutely

It's not really tough to understand..pelini is undoubtedly a better on the field coach than Riley, and Riley isn't recruiting so...or should we give him one more year to whiff on Keyshawn and the gang?
So the most rushing yards ever (for one week any way)to one running back. Some of the worst blow outs in N history. Fighting with your own players on the sidelines. Look I don't think Bo was as bad as some say but IMO Riley needs more than 1 season to prove that he is worse or better than the past. And I guess you must know the Farinok family. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: arf_man and timnsun
In recruiting despite the fact that we have better facilities and do not have to compete with a major football power near by? I mean, I thought that was the reason why Reilly couldnt win or recruit at Oregon St. No flame just a legit question, why are we playing catch up in recruiting to schools like Oregon St?

Not good IMO. We have a 2007 type record with a below average Pelini recruiting class. At least Callahan could recruit.

The mere fact that you knew exactly who I was referring to validates this topic, but nice attempt and fail at debunking what is a legitimate question of the facts and the abysmal state of recruiting that Nebraska has fallen to. You also took enough time and effort on your answer which says to me that you actually care and have real concerns about recruiting which I applaud, but your feeble attempt at sounding intelligent unfortunately falls on its face.

So now we're blaming Pelini for Riley's inability to recruit? Might as well blame Pelini for our basketball team losing to Samford while we're at it.

This experiment won't last long. Frost in the forecast.

Nebraska is currently #25, Oregon State is currently #39.

Yep im not to worried about recruiting now, sure doesn't look as if Farniok is black and gold at all...HES ALL HUSKER BABY...and its not even close lol. Ranked 25th now and if we can pull Fitzpatrick and Lamar Jackson we will finish pretty good (i believe Lamar Jackson is already a Husker (silent commit)).

Not good IMO. We have a 2007 type record with a below average Pelini recruiting class. At least Callahan could recruit.

Yes of course, anytime. Please bury your head back in sand.

The mere fact that you knew exactly who I was referring to validates this topic, but nice attempt and fail at debunking what is a legitimate question of the facts and the abysmal state of recruiting that Nebraska has fallen to. You also took enough time and effort on your answer which says to me that you actually care and have real concerns about recruiting which I applaud, but your feeble attempt at sounding intelligent unfortunately falls on its face.

This experiment won't last long. Frost in the forecast.

It's not really tough to understand..pelini is undoubtedly a better on the field coach than Riley, and Riley isn't recruiting so...or should we give him one more year to whiff on Keyshawn and the gang?

@GammaxuvirHusker too since you liked some of the above posts. @Wasker77 too.

Huskers at #25. Oregon State at #41.

Reactions: HuskerO
Moderating a thread like this must be....., jeez, what? Painful for sure. Two pages of nattering arguments going nowhere.

After doing this for so many years very little bothers me. There is a fine line between giving guys the freedom of speech and allowing that freedom to cross the line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT