ADVERTISEMENT

Does 7 years, $35 Million sound about right?

Reasonable. We need major help from a talented coach who knows he is going to be given time to get this fixed.

Obviously it needs to be someone worthy of this, that is what can't be f'd up.

Hopefully it will be one worthy of such moolah! Maybe it will be someone that we can say this to:

were-not-worthy.png

So start at $5M and offer a 10 year contract.

Include a yearly raise or reduction in salary that is solely based on wins and losses (none of that dumb student athlete academic graduation incentive crap... win or leave!).

1 win - Fired for cause and owes the university 5 times his salary.
2 wins - Fired for cause and owes the university double his salary.
3 wins - Fired for cause and the university owes nothing.
4 wins - 50% Reduction first offense, fired for second offense
5 wins - 25% Reduction first offense, fired for second offense
6 wins - 10% Reduction
7 wins - 5% Reduction
8 wins - 2.5% Reduction
9 wins - No raise or reduction in salary (Thanks to T.O.)
10 wins - 5% Raise
11 wins - 7.5% Raise
12 wins - 10% Raise
13 wins - 12.5% Raise
14 wins - 15% Raise
15 wins - 20% Raise + $25M Bonus (Win Nat'l Championship)

(Don't blame us fingers for typing out this "idea", blame the dummy behind the keyboard!)

Reactions: husker2612
Put your list up who you would go 5m for

Petersen
Patterson
Kelly
Frost ?
Stoops

Who you got

That link actually makes me sick. IMO we should be offering up top ten money. Until we do, we’ll get what we’ve had for the last 15 years.

Man I wish there was a correlation to that list of what the base salary is to the number or wins... that way we would be up to the 43rd most winning team this year! Laughing

Frost is fine but a reach for 5m out of the gate. There are a handfull that have earned that at this point IMO. You need to be very confident to make that type of commitment, I love Scott don't get me wrong, but also need to be somewhat smart with cash. Coaches are in control.

Outside candidates
Venables
Morris
Mullen
Bohl
Shiano
Brohm
Campbell

Would you give them 7/35m. Probably not

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Frosts contract is for $30 million over 7 years. You read it here first.
I actually read that over a text message from someone. But I need to see it to believe it though. Not counting out anything. Would be a hell of a Christmas present if you ask me.

What I do know for 100% certain is that it's time to stop pussy-footing around freaking Pay to Play.

Man I wish there was a correlation to that list of what the base salary is to the number or wins... that way we would be up to the 43rd most winning team this year! Laughing

Ok. Laugh if you want, but $4M a year is top 20 money and there are only 4-5 coaches in the top 20 that we would pass on. The sad reality is that both Minnesota and Purdue are paying their head coaches more than we’re paying our head coach. Additinoally, Wisconsin is paying their guy less and sitting at 9-0. While Wisconsin is the outlier, the reality is the most money buys the best coaches and the most championships.

Ok. Laugh if you want, but $4M a year is top 20 money and there are only 4-5 coaches in the top 20 that we would pass on. The sad reality is that both Minnesota and Purdue are paying their head coaches more than we’re paying our head coach. Additinoally, Wisconsin is paying their guy less and sitting at 9-0. While Wisconsin is the outlier, the reality is the most money buys the best coaches and the most championships.

Sorry, I am not laughing at the amounts paid. I was laughing at my dumb little joke. I am completely fine with paying a high price for a coach that can win. Our B1G money is rolling in now, so the university can afford it.

We are paying the 43rd most money to our coach... I wish we were getting what we are paying for... I wish our team was at least ranked around 43rd overall :D

Frosts contract is for $30 million over 7 years. You read it here first.

No actually I've read it about a thousand times prior to here, but better late than never. Now comes the 'easy' part. Getting him to sign.

No actually I've read it about a thousand times prior to here, but better late than never. Now comes the 'easy' part. Getting him to sign.
Well if we were paying that clown Pelini and MR over 3M then I guess 4.287M/year is probably about right. Yikes. King Scott. Hope he saves some lives and heals some lepers for that kind of coin.:D

Reactions: BroskiRed
Put your list up who you would go 5m for

Petersen
Patterson
Kelly
Frost ?
Stoops

Who you got

5million+

Kelly
Stoops
Patterson
Shaw
Peterson
Dantonio
Smart

I would pay the following somewhere between 3-5 million

Frost
Campbell
Fuente
Whittingham
Mullen
Aranda
Doeren
Richt
Edit: Forgot Leach and Miles

Last edited:
Just think how it looked in 2007 when Tom Osborne passed on Gary Patterson. For Bo Pelini. Because, ummmm, the fans wanted Pelini.
Wow what a list... Pennsyhusker isn't a bad poster I wonder what got him there?

If it is Frost in the end, I hope they give him the ~$5m and keep him for the duration of whatever the contract is. He's young, he's a risk (if you don't think so, you're more confident than I in his resume), but he's got a ton of upside and history here. If he has a losing record in year 1, 2, 3 or whatever, we gotta be ready to accept it. He's the horse we want for the long haul, we get to sit in the cart and get what we get - like it or not. This coaching carousel sucks. If we're a .750 team for the rest of my lifetime, so be it. I just want to enjoy husker football again.

So start at $5M and offer a 10 year contract.

Include a yearly raise or reduction in salary that is solely based on wins and losses (none of that dumb student athlete academic graduation incentive crap... win or leave!).

1 win - Fired for cause and owes the university 5 times his salary.
2 wins - Fired for cause and owes the university double his salary.
3 wins - Fired for cause and the university owes nothing.
4 wins - 50% Reduction first offense, fired for second offense
5 wins - 25% Reduction first offense, fired for second offense
6 wins - 10% Reduction
7 wins - 5% Reduction
8 wins - 2.5% Reduction
9 wins - No raise or reduction in salary (Thanks to T.O.)
10 wins - 5% Raise
11 wins - 7.5% Raise
12 wins - 10% Raise
13 wins - 12.5% Raise
14 wins - 15% Raise
15 wins - 20% Raise + $25M Bonus (Win Nat'l Championship)

(Don't blame us fingers for typing out this "idea", blame the dummy behind the keyboard!)
I like it. I have never understood the contract thing. What other job can you basically suck at your job, get fired and still get all your pay. Just makes no sense at all. If you get paid based on production (like every other job in america) might motivate these coaches a bit more.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I like it. I have never understood the contract thing. What other job can you basically suck at your job, get fired and still get all your pay. Just makes no sense at all. If you get paid based on production (like every other job in america) might motivate these coaches a bit more.
About every CEO job of billion $ companies can get fired and paid to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT