ADVERTISEMENT

Do you want to see Rhule return next year?

Do you want to see Rhule return

• Yes

Votes: 83 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 22.4%

• Total voters
In part because our fanbase would have howled if we had hired a no name like Cignetti. Now we’re pot committed. Something in the back of my brain is making me think Trev realized he had blown the hire and was going to get out of town while the getting was good😕. I hope that’s wrong. I hope Rhule makes adjustments and rights the ship.
You could be right......Rhule hired buddies. Don't look for adjustments.

B
I mean, who cares? Go ask their fans?

PU wants their coach gone. Iowa hates KF and wants him gone after last night. Day is hated the OSU fans...
Big difference is those teams win 10+ games a year....while we continue to feed our dumpster 🔥.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Thing is we had every opportunity to go after a 6th year senior qb ourselves, and would have been able to bring in a tall, physical receiver who can actually block at the same time. If Texas can keep Arch Manning happy behind Quinn Ewers for 2 years, there's no reason we shouldn't have been able to do the same with Raiola for 1 year. And quite frankly Manning has shown a lot more up to this point than Raiola has.
The Raiola’s wouldn’t have allowed it.

That is not how it’s written at all. It’s says that if more than 24 months remain on the contract payments become deferred compensation over the remainder of the term. No university would agree to pay 56 million in 24 months.
That is for deferred compensation, as in retirement account contributions. For his remaining salary:

"Coach shall be entitled to receive ninety percent (90%) Base Salary for
the Remaining Term in substantially equal monthly installments and subject to all
applicable withholdings, until the earlier of twenty-four months after the date of
termination or the last day of the Term; "

This question is neither here nor there

That the perception of this staff after Game 1 has nothing but crystallized in the time since just sucks

I said prior to yesterday that it seemed like our fanbase was collectively grabbing the “Oh, shit!” handle and waiting for the crash

Now that we’re on the side of the road examining the damage, it kind of seems like there’s an odd sense of relief

I don’t expect any major personnel changes. I do hope to see some philosophical changes going forward.

This question is neither here nor there

That the perception of this staff after Game 1 has nothing but crystallized in the time since just sucks

I said prior to yesterday that it seemed like our fanbase was collectively grabbing the “Oh, shit!” handle and waiting for the crash

Now that we’re on the side of the road examining the damage, it kind of seems like there’s an odd sense of relief

I don’t expect any major personnel changes. I do hope to see some philosophical changes going forward.
Hopefully our AD is a “run the damned ball” guy.

You really think that? You think he gets fired after year 2 just for missing another bowl? That would be a bad look for us. Who would want this job if we did that? People already think we're a has been joke of a program. If we miss a bowl and fire MR, we'd need to have an Urban/Saban/Smart level hire already in the bag, which ain't happening. We're stuck with what we've got for a while, regardless of record.
Eh that may have been a bit of an over reaction. Hard to say though I think Frost wore out a lot of people's patience.

Yes, minus the current special teams coach. Satt is informed that if his offense isn't in top 50 next year, he's out also.

The Raiola’s wouldn’t have allowed it.
That's pretty damning right there if a true freshman recruit was calling the shots. It's battered wife syndrome in a nutshell. I'll be worried what the Raiola's think when Dylan could ever manage to scramble for a first down for once. We're not winning shit with a statue qb unless there's a massive infusion of talent at the skill positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT