ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe Rhule will make any full time coaching changes in the off-season?

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
I sure hope there are two or three coaches gone in the off-season but I don't know if Rhule will do it or not.

At this point we are the Chicago Cubs of college football, lovable losers.

Too early to tell. I mean what if NU runs the table? Why would he want to get rid of coaches on defense? The tight ends seem solid. It can't be helped the gameplan and Sims preclude many balls coming their way. Hard to tell whether Barthel is responsible for the curious rotation or if it is Sat or Rhule. The backs seem to be OK. Which leaves the line, receivers and OC. No way Rhule fires the OC one year in. And actually, the play calls haven't been bad except for not enough delays (draws, screens). The Sims TD was a QB draw. And the three passes in a row in the 4th Q at Minny. The offense just can't execute Sat's plan and kill themselves with penalties and turnovers. Doubt he would can McGuire who recruited well and doesn't have much to work with this year. Which leaves Raiola and who knows what is going on there?

I sure hope there are two or three coaches gone in the off-season but I don't know if Rhule will do it or not.

You've got to be kidding. This program has racked up losing season after losing season and you've already got your mind made up to fire a couple coaches?

Let these guys have a chance. I won't blame the coaches for a QB who can't catch a snap or some of the other stupid mistakes. Vegas had this team at around six wins for the year. They should be 1-1 right now.

Which 3 would you fire?

i guess they can't do it if they're gone, can they?
who left us with a room full of d2 qbs?
this turnaround is going to take time and have some hits and misses involved.
You’re not wrong. But after 4 of these rebuilds it’s hard to be patient.

And I’ve seen 0 improvements from wk 1 to wk 2. I think Mickey’s huskers would have beat these guys

You've got to be kidding. This program has racked up losing season after losing season and you've already got your mind made up to fire a couple coaches?

Let these guys have a chance. I won't blame the coaches for a QB who can't catch a snap or some of the other stupid mistakes. Vegas had this team at around six wins for the year. They should be 1-1 right now.
2-0

You’re not wrong. But after 4 of these rebuilds it’s hard to be patient.

And I’ve seen 0 improvements from wk 1 to wk 2. I think Mickey’s huskers would have beat these guys
Just stop. It's two games with a foundation built on rubble. Give it some time. I'm loving the way the D is keeping us in the game. Sims sucks, but so does the O line. I see lots of improvement. Are you saying you don't? Look to the future. Better times are to come!

Just stop. It's two games with a foundation built on rubble. Give it some time. I'm loving the way the D is keeping us in the game. Sims sucks, but so does the O line. I see lots of improvement. Are you saying you don't? Look to the future. Better times are to come!
Nah, I see a team that finds a way to lose.

I hope you’re right.

How about we kick that barely old enough to drink WR coach and bring back Mickey.
Pretty big gig for a guy at his experience level, that's for sure.

Maybe he'll turn out to be one of those Coaching phenoms. But maybe that spot should have been used for a guy that will attract top level receivers.

Maybe that's the biggest clue that Rhule is committed to developing, hopefully McGuire can do that.

Also, more unfortunate fallout from whatever went down between Mickey and his wife.

FWIW, I believe in Rhule long term, but I would send Marcus Satterfield packing. Major problems require major solutions.

FWIW, I believe in Rhule long term, but I would send Marcus Satterfield packing. Major problems require major solutions.

I think it’s a little too early to say anyone needs to go, but there are definitely some disturbing signs with the Saterfield offense. I can’t say at this point if anyone should go, but I would like to see hire full time QB coach, someone with recruiting connections who can evaluate talent. QB position is too important to leave anything to chance.

Hell, doesn’t necessarily have to be a QB coach, but we need someone who can recruit and evaluate QBs at an elite level.

Reactions: bomber89
Nebraska's offense had all kinds of problems long before Satterfield showed up, or does losing 5 of their last 6 in 2022 mean anything? There's not a lot to work with, especially on the line and the QB.

If there were tons of proven top flight talent on offense and they played this way, then I can see everyone being pissed off. Could he do better? Sure. Can his players do better? Hopefully going forward, we shall see.

Reactions: BleedRed78
His lack of experience and his offense. Someone has to be accountable for this mess. The depth of the problem is beyond simply the QB coach, IMO.
It's been 2 games. What specifically about his offense don't you like?

I haven't had an issue with his game plans or the way he called the games.

we don't even attempt to stretch the field

What specifically do you LIKE about the offense?

This isn't my call, but it seems to me the entire offense is a clusterf***. If the guy had OC experience prior to coaching at Nebraska I might be more inclined to give it more time.

Rhule isn't going anywhere and the offense needs a complete overhaul. That means it falls on Satterfield.

Reactions: king_kong_
They took a deep shot in game one. Was there really spot in the CU game were you felt they should have chucked it deep?
is this a serious question?

the rules are in place for offenses to score points. we should chuck it deep once every 15 or so plays just like every other offense in the country does.

good things happen when you give your guys a chance to make plays.

What specifically do you LIKE about the offense?

This isn't my call, but it seems to me the entire offense is a clusterf***. If the guy had OC experience prior to coaching at Nebraska I might be more inclined to give it more time.

Rhule isn't going anywhere and the offense needs a complete overhaul. That means it falls on Satterfield.
I think overall it looks pretty well organized. I can see his use of formations and motions to set up plays. He's put nice drives together, that get derailed by Sims turnovers.

The offense lacks talent. They don't have a true playmaker. The missed evaluation of Sims is a bad look, but there is redemption to be had in the portal.

I think overall it looks pretty well organized. I can see his use of formations and motions to set up plays. He's put nice drives together, that get derailed by Sims turnovers.

The offense lacks talent. They don't have a true playmaker. The missed evaluation of Sims is a bad look, but there is redemption to be had in the portal.
this is probably a coincidence

"Satterfield coordinated five offenses — three at Temple, two at South Carolina — that all consistently struggled with turnovers. Especially fumbles — Temple lost 8, 11 and 11 in 2013-2015, and the Gamecocks lost 13 fumbles apiece in 2021 and 2022. In both years, South Carolina ranked last in the SEC in giveaways." - Sam McKewon

this is probably a coincidence

"Satterfield coordinated five offenses — three at Temple, two at South Carolina — that all consistently struggled with turnovers. Especially fumbles — Temple lost 8, 11 and 11 in 2013-2015, and the Gamecocks lost 13 fumbles apiece in 2021 and 2022. In both years, South Carolina ranked last in the SEC in giveaways." - Sam McKewon
It very well might be.

"Organized" is not an adjective that springs to mind for me.

office-chaos-fire-chaotic.gif

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT