ADVERTISEMENT

Do Frost and Meyer have a previous relationship?

williamsonframe

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
That handshake at the end looked like frost didn't want anything to do with him. I like that by the way!

Frost wanted that one bad, I don't think it was anything more than knowing we had a shot and couldn't finish it in that second half. He HATES losing.
Next year. I am predicting right now a victory AND the goal posts make it to o street. So if there's anyone from the athletic department on here make a note....tell Fox to not put any cameras on the goal posts.
GBR

Reactions: husker2612
Next year. I am predicting right now a victory AND the goal posts make it to o street. So if there's anyone from the athletic department on here make a note....tell Fox to not put any cameras on the goal posts.
GBR

I fully expect next year to be our Revenge Tour, beating Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa at home. Not sure if it will be revenge against Iowa, because we have a good shot at beating them this year in IC.

I fully expect next year to be our Revenge Tour, beating Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa at home. Not sure if it will be revenge against Iowa, because we have a good shot at beating them this year in IC.
You should trademark that. The Husker revenge tour. I like it. Even though it's northern ill instead of Troy. But we owe them too.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
For all we know they had a nice chat before the game during warmups. Maybe after the game both competitors were upset, Frost because he lost a very winnable game and Meyer because OSUs showing against a 2-6 team did not bode well for his playoff spot. Could have been simple as that, no big conspiracy.

I really think we beat Iowa this year. Like every year, they are nothing special. They are more than beatable, even in their house.

For all we know they had a nice chat before the game during warmups. Maybe after the game both competitors were upset, Frost because he lost a very winnable game and Meyer because OSUs showing against a 2-6 team did not bode well for his playoff spot. Could have been simple as that, no big conspiracy.

They did chat it up before the game. Frost probably wasn’t happy about losing a close one and Urb was probably having a migraine therefore was not in the mood to say anything. Simple as that.

They did chat it up before the game. Frost probably wasn’t happy about losing a close one and Urb was probably having a migraine therefore was not in the mood to say anything. Simple as that.

Occam's razor. This (or something like it) seems pretty plausible to me.

Radio guys said Urb was part of a contingent of B1G coaches who didn't appreciate Frost's "I hope the B1G has to adjust to us" comment and wanted to put him in his place.
The BIG is starting to realize they're gonna have to adjust because of what they are starting to see, but have absolutely no Idea what is about to hit them. Remember, this is just year 1 in this O or should I say Frost offense 101.

Year one is simple and basic for what's this scheme entails and the players have gotten it down really well. Frost hasn't even begun to open up the playbook as there are so may different intangibles and intricacies to his offense as it's forever evolving.

If you like that just wait for Class 202 coming spring 2019.This offense isn't even running at 1/4 of the tempo Frost wants to operate at, so right now we are basically operating in slo-mo so the players could adjust and learn the beginning foundations of it.

If this is only what the BIG thinks it's gonna look like from here on out, boy are they gonna be in for a one hell of a shock!

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I am opposite of a lot of peoples view here. Urb is a douche, but I suspect Scott Frost looks up to him in some regard. Frost's idol Tom Osborne is on record as saying he loved watching Urb's offense at Florida. He mentioned it was essentially his own designed offense ran in a different way. Urb was really modest after the game when he said he was not prepared totally for what he saw on film. He had no problem embarrassing Bo and Smiling Mike. Scott Frost is his kind of guy I believe, other than the scummy college football stuff...then again Osborne had a few warts.

I am opposite of a lot of peoples view here. Urb is a douche, but I suspect Scott Frost looks up to him in some regard. Frost's idol Tom Osborne is on record as saying he loved watching Urb's offense at Florida. He mentioned it was essentially his own designed offense ran in a different way. Urb was really modest after the game when he said he was not prepared totally for what he saw on film. He had no problem embarrassing Bo and Smiling Mike. Scott Frost is his kind of guy I believe, other than the scummy college football stuff...then again Osborne had a few warts.
Urban Meyer went on record years ago saying that he looked up to admired Osborne way back when as TO inspired him.

Reactions: resdog851

If they don't win in IC will one win in Lincoln satisfy the previous four straight losses?

If they don't win in IC will one win in Lincoln satisfy the previous four straight losses?

I don't, and never have dealt in hypotheticals, so I can't really help you out on your question.

BTW, Iowa had a 3-game win streak against Mike Riley, so don't count on many being impressed with those 3 wins. 19 games that he coached in during his 3 seasons at Nebraska ended up in losses. Everyone beat Mike Riley.

Our ex-Chancellor Harvey Perlman made a choice to conduct essentially a one-person search committee for a new AD when Tom Osborne resigned as AD, and that complete f'ing idiot (Perlmann) for some reason chose to hire Sean Eichorst, who paid for that miserable hire of Riley by losing his job. And for some unknown reason, Harvey Perlman is still employed by our University at the Law College. Unreal.

Don't post on here much anymore...but somebody in this thread said we have no chance to beat freakin' Iowa.
Sorry, but that's a crock. There is no excuse for not beating shit stain Iowa every single year. We not only have a chance, but should expect to kick their arse. GBR!

he talks a bit about Nebraska here..

listen to the end for a surprise domestic violence question.

Don't post on here much anymore...but somebody in this thread said we have no chance to beat freakin' Iowa.
Sorry, but that's a crock. There is no excuse for not beating shit stain Iowa every single year. We not only have a chance, but should expect to kick their arse. GBR!
I don't expect the line to be more than 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT