ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't see much discussion on this but ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
the NCAA further extended the cancellation of recruiting visits. Personally I don't see the logic of cancelling recruiting visits when many schools across the nation actually are having in person schooling. I don't get the logic behind that one. It just seems they're out to punish recruits. Why can't there be visits so kids can make more informed decisions? It's not like huge crowds of people would be involved. JMO.

the NCAA further extended the cancellation of recruiting visits. Personally I don't see the logic of cancelling recruiting visits when many schools across the nation actually are having in person schooling. I don't get the logic behind that one. It just seems they're out to punish recruits. Why can't there be visits so kids can make more informed decisions? It's not like huge crowds of people would be involved. JMO.

Makes no sense. Ohio State will have over 60k students on campus from multiple states and countries this fall. Logic seems to be fleeting.

Reactions: jedimasterjed
The issue with recruiting has a lot to do with the mandatory Quarantining and Things like that. If I am a player from New York and I go to the campus in Lincoln for a visit, I have to quarantine for 15 days when I get back. States that have these rules in place make it prohibitive because like it or not the NCAA rules state either everybody does it or nobody does it when it comes to recruiting.
And don’t come at me with bagman and extra visits and all that stuff. I mean when it comes to having the ability to go out and recruit or having the ability for kids to visit your campus. Is Scott Frost really going to stay in Connecticut for 15 days because he wants to watch one kid play football?

Reactions: jflores and Swiv3D
The issue with recruiting has a lot to do with the mandatory Quarantining and Things like that. If I am a player from New York and I go to the campus in Lincoln for a visit, I have to quarantine for 15 days when I get back. States that have these rules in place make it prohibitive because like it or not the NCAA rules state either everybody does it or nobody does it when it comes to recruiting.
And don’t come at me with bagman and extra visits and all that stuff. I mean when it comes to having the ability to go out and recruit or having the ability for kids to visit your campus. Is Scott Frost really going to stay in Connecticut for 15 days because he wants to watch one kid play football?
So you're saying so as long as any one single state has a quarantine period nobody in the entire country can recruit? OK, got it. :(

Reactions: huskerfan66
So you're saying so as long as any one single state has a quarantine period nobody in the entire country can recruit? OK, got it. :(

Well there will always be 3 because NY, NJ and Conn all act together.

I’m just saying that the players and coaches that live in states that are restricting travel, are at a disadvantage. That factors into why there are restrictions.

I’m just saying that the players and coaches that live in states that are restricting travel, are at a disadvantage. That factors into why there are restrictions.
I have to wonder how those states are handling interstate commerce like truckers, etc. crossing state lines to bring in groceries? How is Walmart restocking their stores with goods made in China for example. I would guess most of their supply trucks are crossing state lines. How do oranges get into New York from Florida? How does lettuce get in from California? The list could go on and on.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I have to wonder how those states are handling interstate commerce like truckers, etc. crossing state lines to bring in groceries? How is Walmart restocking their stores with goods made in China for example. I would guess most of their supply trucks are crossing state lines. How do oranges get into New York from Florida? How does lettuce get in from California? The list could go on and on.

"Qualified essential workers are exempt from the mandatory quarantine but must social distance when possible. Also, New York State has specific guidelines for workers staying less than 12 hours and 36 hours."

Thank you your Excellency Cuomo. What a dipshit. He's f'd this thing up beyond belief.

Reactions: BigRedRising
Yah I don't know how up to date kayak.com keeps their travel restriction list (it looks like update from Late July), but besides those 3, you have Maryland, Kentucky, North Dakota, Utah, Vermont, DC, Rhode Island, Pennyslvania and maybe a couple others.

Yah I don't know how up to date kayak.com keeps their travel restriction list (it looks like update from Late July), but besides those 3, you have Maryland, Kentucky, North Dakota, Utah, Vermont, DC, Rhode Island, Pennyslvania and maybe a couple others.
I'm sure you should add South Dakota. They're up to 50 people hospitalized now. I heard they've spiked up with another COVID death yesterday.:rolleyes: Seriously John's Hopkins classified South Dakota as a state experiencing a surge. The Sturgis rally I'm sure will play havoc with their numbers over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you should add South Dakota. They're up to 50 people hospitalized now. I heard they've spiked up with another COVID death yesterday.:rolleyes: Seriously John's Hopkins classified South Dakota as a state experiencing a surge. The Sturgis rally I'm sure will play havoc with their numbers over the next few weeks.
All the Sturgis people will leave South Dakota for home before they break with Covid and become statistics there.

All the Sturgis people will leave South Dakota for home before they break with Covid and become statistics there.
ummm more worrisome is how many locals they infect along the way. Anybody working out there during the rally will have an extremely good chance of contracting the virus. That said, the Blackhills have been clogged with tourists for the past 2 months so I don't know if it will make much difference. A friend just came back from there 2 weeks ago and he said that in 350 miles of nearly bumper to bumper interstate traffic he only saw 7 South Dakota license plates. Most of the rest of them were from Michigan, New York and other eastern states.

They are terrified of Covid lawsuits. My company is banning travel until at least May 31. Seems benevolent. It’s not. They are positioning it as an act of benevolence to make sure everyone is safe. However, they too, are terrified of lawsuits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT