ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else check their bank account this morning and have a heart attack?

I have no idea why what happened, happened. Wow. Sure hope they don't ask for it back.
Yes, its nice until the higher taxes and inflation hit! Kind of go play with this while we are lining up the higher taxes and inflation! The $15 an hour is going to go for $15 hamburger from McDonalds! You want fries and a drink with that? Get a loan!

The only result that has been consistent over Republican or Democrat control is that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Wrong. The poor get richer in this country, too. The gap between poor and rich may widen, but that shouldn't be mistaken for a belief that poor people are worse off than they were in the past.

Our economic system makes everyone better off than they were yesterday. If you're the jealous type who looks at the luxuries of the rich and wishes you could have them too... well then you might not be too happy. But you should sleep well knowing that everyone will have access to today's luxuries in the near future. Of course then there will be new luxuries for people to be envious about.

Got mine this morning. What a joke. Biggest relief package and smallest return. Used same 2019 taxes and still have the same 2 kids both under 7. Guess I wasn't as deserving this time. $ 512.17

Last edited:
And the part you won't like about this, is the coming inflation. Inflation will steal your standard of living, it's a massive tax on the average joe. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You can't tax and print money into prosperity and real wealth. While inflation will destroy your standard of living, I will grow richer owning real productive assets that can keep pace with inflation.
Awwwwww. It’s ok

Reactions: HuskerRick
I love how this is only a concern when money is given directly to the people. Give several times more away to businesses and noone gives a shit about inflation.
It doesn’t matter if the money goes to individuals or businesses. If you continue to print money like crazy, it is going to become devalued and there is going to be inflation. It is already happening with lumber and building supplies. Saw the cost of an average house has increase $24K in one year.

There probably will be.. they are in the hole now, and each new round of QE will deliver lower and lower GDP, while each new dollar of debt will go on the balance sheet at 100%. I"m guessing this stimulus payment is going to only add about 60 cents on the dollar to GDP.

About the only thing they could do with some long term benefit, is infrastructure spending, but even then, I doubt government can execute that without huge cost overruns.
If you let the government manage the Mojave Desert they would be outta sand in 10 years

I just wish more people would think like those "nasty rich people" (as is being potrayed above) and invest that money and make a heck of a lot more... maybe even the money that's been promised to them for so long REGARDLESS of political party... Think what that money could turn into just by investing in Bitcoin or perhaps an ALT Coin that while is risky could grow exponentially... This money could literally be life changing for some if they play it right... but sadly they either can't due to pure necessity just to live or it'll most likely get wasted
Accredited investing is really the only way you can make a decent enough return by itself to do anything. But you need to have money to even do that. Investing in the stock market to the average person is really just saving for retirement. You're almost certainly not going to generate a significant return that would make you wealthy.

Both poverty level and the top should be the ones taxed. Upper middle class are the ones who stimulate the economy more than anyone.

The poor steal the money, and the rich hoard it.
Most likely because the “rich” know that the “poor “ are massive in numbers and are coming to take what they think is “theirs”

People like you literally disgust me. Ohhhhh my goodness, he’s rich so he should pay for me. I literally made a profile right here, right now to tell you that you are a bawl baby bitch. I have done well in my life and am thoroughly disgusted with attitudes like yours that if someone is worth more than you are they somehow owe you something. I have experienced situations where my daughter has hit a parked car....I pay. Then....someone hits my daughters parked car....nothing! I pay! All because I’m conceived of as being much richer so I should take care of it. BULL! If I hit Warren Buffets car tomorrow and it’s my fault I’m paying for it....and guess what? That man is 1000 times richer than I am! Stop being a little bitch and grow some balls
There's this thing called car insurance. You should check it out.

People like you literally disgust me. Ohhhhh my goodness, he’s rich so he should pay for me. I literally made a profile right here, right now to tell you that you are a bawl baby bitch. I have done well in my life and am thoroughly disgusted with attitudes like yours that if someone is worth more than you are they somehow owe you something. I have experienced situations where my daughter has hit a parked car....I pay. Then....someone hits my daughters parked car....nothing! I pay! All because I’m conceived of as being much richer so I should take care of it. BULL! If I hit Warren Buffets car tomorrow and it’s my fault I’m paying for it....and guess what? That man is 1000 times richer than I am! Stop being a little bitch and grow some balls

You're either responding to the wrong post or have serious reading comprehension problems.

Although the latter appears to be a more common situation up here with each passing day, I'll give you -- the noob -- the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the former -- and that you meant to thumb out that triggered mess to someone else.

I don't think anyone is "rich so he should pay for me" and have not posted an opinion to that effect.

For clarity, I think

1) Way too many entities got way too much stimulus this week
2) Our generation is demonstrating that it has zero problem screwing over younger generations.
3) Rich people don't owe me jack squat and are not responsible for my family's well-being.
4) Neither R's not D's even attempt to hide vote buying any longer.
5) Donald Trump Jr and Hunter Biden are examples of dipshits that have made lots of money -- a club you may or may not be part of.

Go on, tell us all more about your family's car crash escapades.

Better yet, stick to your script. Put together another word wall blasting this post for something like lacking empathy for shelter pets or driving up the cost of maple cured bacon.

Last edited:
What a bummer....checked my account this morning and there was no obscene deposit for no good reason. My gov't is failing me today. I'm hooked now and really think they should keep doing it.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You need to work for LPS then. Overpaid whiners in Lincoln. Well at least we'll compensated whiners.

Or go work for Norris like the mrs does! Similar teachers at her age with experience and education at LPS make a little less then her. I will say Norris has blown me away, every teacher at a minimum wants a Masters and most want a Masters + 36 credit hours. Not only for the substantial raise in income, but to better their education. I will say I didn't see that when I worked at LPS, and the people at Norris don't whine; they just want to compete day in and day out.

For fun I was looking at wages for Norris Admin positions, the Elementary Principle makes $110 K..The Elementary School, is smaller than most of similar LPS schools.

I worked for LPS in the Nutrition Department, man some made bank! I do know a lot of teachers will retire from Norris and work at LPS their final years, because LPS salary eventually catches up with Norris and exceeds it a little bit (helps the employees stack their retirement). However Norris pays for all Medical Premiums (BCBS of Nebraska, $1,200 deductible each, $5,000 max out of pocket for family if you have kids, otherwise $5,000 out of pocket max for each individual). We pay something like $50 a month and that gives us both Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, and Vision Coverage. LPS does not pay for any medical premiums, so it probably all evens out.

File for unemployment, hear it’s like that, but every week!

During the economic destruction of the last 12 months my girl friends son lost his job (lived in Orpheum upstairs, worked a blk away) and filed for unemployment...he was making the same as when he was working. Even if he could have gone back he flat out told his mom "why would I"? and he didn't. Spent most of last summer taking cool trips and having a blast on our dime, is America great or what??? Free money for everyone!!!!

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Yes, its nice until the higher taxes and inflation hit! Kind of go play with this while we are lining up the higher taxes and inflation! The $15 an hour is going to go for $15 hamburger from McDonalds! You want fries and a drink with that? Get a loan!
you are buying into a myth. thats not what happens.

People calling for hyperinflation may be right someday... But not right now. Take a look at a velocity of money chart. If you don’t want to, that’s fine, I’ll sum it up for you... There is no velocity of money right now, which means very little inflation for the time being. Now that could change in the future obviously... But for now, it’s not a problem.

Both poverty level and the top should be the ones taxed. Upper middle class are the ones who stimulate the economy more than anyone.

The poor steal the money, and the rich hoard it.
LOL the poor have no money. you think they get a lot of money? i guess you dont know any truly poor people.. Dont worry YOU aren't giving your money to them. what they get isnt enough to live on

Correction. A lot of rich people are rich because they have lived like paupers for years and knew how to stretch a dollar no matter how much their neighbors made fun of them. They KNEW what it took because they learned from their parents and grandparents. Then the very people who took vacations every year, bought new cars and appliances all the time weren’t up to par with the “paupers “ who saved all their lives and expected a cut. Sorry, doesn’t work that way. You had your fun early, I’m having my fun now.
Correction. SOME rich people are rich because of what you describe. But ALL the data shows and confirms the VAST MAJORITY of rich people are rich because they simply make more money than other people. those same rich people also spend much more money than other people. just because YOU lived simply and saved a lot of money does not mean the average rich person did. in fact, they did not.
90% of rich people are rich despite spending more money than anyone else. because they simply make so much more money than everyone else. there are no more smart rich people than there are smart poor people.
that has been proven over and over again.
i think you just dont want to accept the fact that most people shouldn't give themselves a ton of credit for being rich. people like you want to believe rich people are smarter than poor people. it is a fallacy. a proven fallacy

Reactions: jlgformk
Plenty saved money and invested smartly over years and years and don’t over step your boundaries on spending money on foolish things..
for the vast majority of them they simply made more money than others. they did not underspend the rest of us.

During the economic destruction of the last 12 months my girl friends son lost his job (lived in Orpheum upstairs, worked a blk away) and filed for unemployment...he was making the same as when he was working. Even if he could have gone back he flat out told his mom "why would I"? and he didn't. Spent most of last summer taking cool trips and having a blast on our dime, is America great or what??? Free money for everyone!!!!
my niece did the same thing. the increase in unemployment wage last summer made working unattractive. but when that extra benefit was gone she eventually went back to work. i was irritated but it only lasted a few months so i got over it. i got no problem with unemployment help but i agree they need to make sure there is still motivation to work.

gotta spend money to make money

lot of people telling on themselves in this thread 🤣 🤣
people in general, which includes rich people, LOVE to think they deserve whatever they have because of some personal trait, behavior, or decisions they themselves have made that made them "better" than others.
when, in fact, its almost ALWAYS, just getting a good job and doing it adequately.

Reactions: saluno22
people in general, which includes rich people, LOVE to think they deserve whatever they have because of some personal trait, behavior, or decisions they themselves have made that made them "better" than others.
when, in fact, its almost ALWAYS, just getting a good job and doing it adequately.
yep.

decisions/traits/behavior sure help in getting that good job, though.

yep.

decisions/traits/behavior sure help in getting that good job, though.

Rather amazing what staying in school and taking it seriously and not having kids before you can afford it and staying off drugs or getting married before you're ready and making due with the old car till you can afford a better one does for one's net worth when they hit the age of 40.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT