ADVERTISEMENT

DeShawn Woods to Wyoming

Wish him well. Would have liked to see that massive human in Husker red.
Last year I went to a basketball game I believe it was at Bellevue West. There was a few rows of Central students there cheering on their team. One huge man who I thought was a Central security guard was among the students. I eventually recognized this huge man as being Deshawn Woods who was just a junior in high school at the time. Very big kid.

Reactions: Anegada1
I thought benning and sharpe alluded that the kid wasn’t always focused said his best year was his sophomore year, Nebraska do not need players like that when there rebuilding. In TOs time definitely but not now better off he didn’t want to come here. JMO

Wyoming landed more talented instate recruits out of Nebraska than Nebraska did in 2022. Wyo sent just as many guys to the NFL in the draft over the last 5 years. It’s not 1994/95 anymore.

You know both of those things are completely false, right?

10 draft picks to 6.

3 of the Top 10 instate players to 1 (one that couldn’t qualify anywhere else).

You know both of those things are completely false, right?

10 draft picks to 6.

3 of the Top 10 instate players to 1 (one that couldn’t qualify anywhere else).
You went back 6 years to make yourself feel better bud. Wyoming also had a higher average draft slot over those last 5 drafts as well. Holy smokes.

You are absolutely wrong on all accounts.
FWIW, I used the TOS rankings (but I’m sure you have your own).

Wyoming isn’t a junior College. It’s insulting. FWIW- Wyoming has done a better job developing and recruiting players in every way.

2022 Nebraska State Rankings
ON3
ESPN

Wyoming -2022 signing class from area
- Deshawn Woods
- Caden Becker
- TJ Urban
- Koa McIntyre
- LJ Richardson
- Rex Johnson

Wyoming Draft Picks the Last 5 years (Ave Pick 137/256)

YearRoundPickPlayerPos.NFL Team
2020365Logan WilsonLBCincinnati Bengals
20206204Cassh MaluiaLBNew England Patriots
20196191Marcus EppsSMinnesota Vikings
201817Josh AllenQBBuffalo Bills
20175156Brian HillRBAtlanta Falcons
20176199Chase RoullierCWashington

Nebraska - 2022 signing class from area
- Jake Appleget
- Ernest Hausmen
- Gage Stegner

Nebraska Draft Picks Last 5 years (Ave Pick 202/256)

20215159Brenden JaimesOTLos Angeles Chargers
20217238Matt FarniokGDallas Cowboys
20206194Khalil DavisDTTampa Bay Buccaneers
20207232Carlos DavisDTPittsburgh Steelers
20186203Tanner LeeQBJacksonville Jaguars
20175184Nathan GerrySPhiladelphia Eagles

Last edited:
You went back 6 years to make yourself feel better bud. Wyoming also had a higher average draft slot over those last 5 drafts as well. Holy smokes.

What a bizarre spin. But sure die on this wired hill. How about this. You can start last year and go back as far as you want, to the beginning of time and Wyoming will never have more draft picks.
Wyoming isn’t a junior College. It’s insulting. FWIW- Wyoming has done a better job developing and recruiting players in every way.

2022 Nebraska State Rankings
ON3
ESPN

Wyoming -2022 signing class from area
- Deshawn Woods
- Caden Becker
- TJ Urban
- Koa McIntyre
- LJ Richardson
- Rex Johnson

Wyoming Draft Picks the Last 5 years (Ave Pick 137/256)

2020365Logan WilsonLBCincinnati Bengals
20206204Cassh MaluiaLBNew England Patriots
20196191Marcus EppsSMinnesota Vikings
201817Josh AllenQBBuffalo Bills
20175156Brian HillRBAtlanta Falcons
20176199Chase RoullierCWashington

Nebraska - 2022 signing class from area
- Jake Appleget
- Ernest Hausmen
- Gage Stegner

Nebraska Draft Picks Last 5 years (Ave Pick 202/256)

20215159Brenden JaimesOTLos Angeles Chargers
20217238Matt FarniokGDallas Cowboys
20206194Khalil DavisDTTampa Bay Buccaneers
20207232Carlos DavisDTPittsburgh Steelers
20186203Tanner LeeQBJacksonville Jaguars
20175184Nathan GerrySPhiladelphia Eagles

Yes we know Nebraska hasn’t been good and Im not saying Wyomings is a JUCO, Im saying your spin that they play, recruit and develop at this high level is nonsense. And the above shows just that. They brought in 5 guys Nebraska had no interest in and one that couldn’t qualify anywhere else. If you are such a big Poke fan, perhaps you should be more worried about the mass exodus at Wyoming than starting a random pissing contest with Nebraska.

What a bizarre spin. But sure die on this wired hill. How about this. You can start last year and go back as far as you want, to the beginning of time and Wyoming will never have more draft picks.

Yes we know Nebraska hasn’t been good and Im not saying Wyomings is a JUCO, Im saying your spin that they play, recruit and develop at this high level is nonsense. And the above shows just that. They brought in 5 guys Nebraska had no interest in and one that couldn’t qualify anywhere else. If you are such a big Poke fan, perhaps you should be more worried about the mass exodus at Wyoming than starting a random pissing contest with Nebraska.
Only thing I can refer to is recent history of last 5 years since Frosts tenure and the fact that Nebraska was not more proactive with these guys proves my point.

@headcard thinks it’s 1994/1995 in his mind. Wyoming qualified and won 3 bowl games vs Nebraska zero bowl games since 2017 as well.

You sure are a dramatic little fellow. Maybe you should head to the Wyoming board, where I’m sure they would love to hear how amazing you think their program is. And I don’t need to live in 1995 to know that Wyoming is a very avaerage G5 football program. (and yes this is true even if Nebraska sucks).

You sure are a dramatic little fellow. Maybe you should head to the Wyoming board, where I’m sure they would love to hear how amazing you think their program is. And I don’t need to live in 1995 to know that Wyoming is a very avaerage G5 football program. (and yes this is true even if Nebraska sucks).
Ok captain dumpy pants. Just admit I’m right on this one. I’m not wrong.

Ok captain dumpy pants. Just admit I’m right on this one. I’m not wrong.

You are absolutely wrong. I have no issue with Wyoming, but they play at a completely different level. They aren’t a JUCO, but they aren’t a P5 program either. Look at their schedule is there seriously a single team that Nebraska would lose to on that schedule? And they went 7-6. They recruit a bunch of 2 star kids and usually manage to win enough games in a G5 conference to qualify for a Bowl Game. That’s great, but your bizarre rant is comparing apples and pizzas.

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus
Only thing I can refer to is recent history of last 5 years since Frosts tenure and the fact that Nebraska was not more proactive with these guys proves my point.
Imagine you possessed some magical powers that would allow you to travel back in time. Your time travels would allow you to trade Wyoming’s recruiting classes over the past five years for Nebraska’s classes. Would you make the trade or would you stand pat?

Reactions: headcard
You are absolutely wrong. I have no issue with Wyoming, but they play at a completely different level. They aren’t a JUCO, but they aren’t a P5 program either. Look at their schedule is there seriously a single team that Nebraska would lose to on that schedule? And they went 7-6. They recruit a bunch of 2 star kids and usually manage to win enough games in a G5 conference to qualify for a Bowl Game. That’s great, but your bizarre rant is comparing apples and pizzas.
There are Power Programs. Let’s get rid of G5 P5 in FBS. Only losers hang on to that nomenclature to make themselves feel more important.

As far as Development, Wyoming is doing more with less if that makes sense. Look at the NFL draft picks over the last 5 years. This year is unusual in the fact that 2022 recruits got really compressed due to super seniors,nil, and the transfer portal. That being said; I know football extremely well and understand how to evaluate talent. Wyoming got more talented football players out of Nebraska this year than Nebraska did. You won’t convince me otherwise and time will prove it.

There are Power Programs. Let’s get rid of G5 P5 in FBS. Only losers hang on to that nomenclature to make themselves feel more important.

As far as Development, Wyoming is doing more with less if that makes sense. Look at the NFL draft picks over the last 5 years. This year is unusual in the fact that 2022 recruits got really compressed due to super seniors,nil, and the transfer portal. That being said; I know football extremely well and understand how to evaluate talent. Wyoming got more talented football players out of Nebraska this year than Nebraska did. You won’t convince me otherwise and time will prove it.

What a joke. You would think someone so knowledgeable would see the massive difference between P5 and G5. Nebraska played Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma. Who was the best team Wyoming played? Hawaii, Fresno State, New Mexico? They all hammered Wyoming, BTW. But sure, no difference.

What a joke. You would think someone so knowledgeable would see the massive difference between P5 and G5. Nebraska played Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma. Who was the best team Wyoming played? Hawaii, Fresno State, New Mexico? They all hammered Wyoming, BTW. But sure, no difference.
At least Wyoming beat a ranked opponent this year in #24 Utah State. Fresno State Beat #13 UCLA this year. San Diego State beat #11 Utah. Boise State beat #22 BYU who also beat Utah. Utah State annihilated San Diego State in the Mountain West Championship game. Wyoming annihilated Utah State when they played.

Ohio State in the dog fight of their life against Utah in the Rose Bowl. Nebraska won one big 10 game this year against Northwestern. Hasn’t beat a ranked opponent in years.

Again… There are Power Programs. Let’s get rid of G5 P5 in FBS. Only losers hang on to that nomenclature to make themselves feel more important.

Final Top 25

Last edited:
At least Wyoming beat a ranked opponent this year in #24 Utah State. Fresno State Beat #13 UCLA this year. San Diego State beat #11 Utah. Boise State beat #22 BYU who also beat Utah.

Ohio State in the dog fight of their life against Utah in the Rose Bowl. Nebraska won one big 10 game this year against Northwestern. Hasn’t beat a ranked opponent in years.

Again… There are Power Programs. Let’s get rid of G5 P5 in FBS. Only losers hang on to that nomenclature to make themselves feel more important.

Final Top 25

Yes Nebraska isn’t any good. And yes there is still a massive difference between P5 and G5. MASSIVE.

Yes Nebraska isn’t any good. And yes there is still a massive difference between P5 and G5. MASSIVE.
Nebraska's last win vs. ranked opponent was Sept. 17, 2016 (No. 22 Oregon)

The first step toward recovery is to stop living like its 1994 or 1995.

Bad argument. Every team on anyone’s schedule COULD beat what was trotted out last year. 3-9 is humiliating and deserves nothing but scorn. Yet, play for Nebraska or play for Wyoming 96 out of 100 play for the “N”

Would you rather be an A+ student at Northern Iowa or C- student at Harvard
Kids need to go where they can develop. They need to use football as much as it uses them. Not a big percentage go to the NFL. Grow where your feet are. Make sense?

@headcard called Wyoming football a JUCO and I only pointed out they are better at recruiting and developing talent than NU over the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Kids need to go where they can develop. They need to use football as much as it uses them. Not a big percentage go to the NFL. Grow where your feet are. Make sense?

@headcard called Wyoming football a JUCO and I only pointed out they are better at recruiting and developing talent than NU over the last 5 years.

I never said anything about them being a JUCO, or anything like that. you did.. Although the mass exodus of all the talented players at Wyoming may point to it being somewhat true.

I live in reality not hyperbole. The reality is that Nebraska has sucked lately, but Wyoming is still just a middling G5 program that can scrape together enough wins against the sisters of poor to go to bowl games more often than not. And no they don’t recruit or develop better than Nebraska, or anyone else. This years draft will show it, yet again. Just like last year, Nebraska will have multiple draft picks and Wyoming will be lucky to have one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT