ADVERTISEMENT

Des Moines Huskers

LHNEAGLE

Apr 16, 2016
Any good places to watch the game in Des Moines? Seen "The Chicken Coop" was listed on one of the Watch Site pages but it sounds like that has changed.

TIA

Any good places to watch the game in Des Moines? Seen "The Chicken Coop" was listed on one of the Watch Site pages but it sounds like that has changed.

TIA
Yeah we've done chicken coop before. It was a good time and plenty Husker fans there at that time

I was at the Chicken Coop 2 weeks ago as I am here for a family matter and there was a dozen or so of us there. I was at the Meredith location and will be wearing a Husker sweatshirt so look for me if you're there and interested.

Reactions: LHNEAGLE
I was at the Chicken Coop 2 weeks ago as I am here for a family matter and there was a dozen or so of us there. I was at the Meredith location and will be wearing a Husker sweatshirt so look for me if you're there and interested.
Thanks for the info. My biggest concern is if they will play the audio as well. I cant stand watching with no audio!

Thanks for the info. My biggest concern is if they will play the audio as well. I cant stand watching with no audio!
No audio has never been a problem for me. What could be the best bar in the town I live in is not because they have no TV. I’ve talked to the manager, a woman who has no interest in sports, and she worries it would intrude on her customers that
Never needed audio to enjoy a game. What could be the best bar in town is not because the woman manager is not into sports, and she thinks a TV will ruin the ambience for the people who are there just to eat. I've told her just do not turn on the sound, but she won't budge. The absentee owner seems to have given her total control, and even though they have very good food I vote with my wallet and rarely go there.

Back in my younger days when I spent too much time in the bars in Seattle the TV sound was rarely on. Even it was it would have been too noisy to hear anything.

I live in des moines... for the last 9 years.. it's not bad..good golf, can't stand the liberals but that's every city.. still some good people out here..I was going to go watch the kid out at valley..he's supposed to be a stud interested in N

Reactions: huskerfan66
I would put the level of talent in 5A Iowa up against A schools in Nebraska.

My two cents.
Agree but I think Nebraska schools have more overall talent. I am on a chain gang of one of the metro schools out west so see many of the teams up close. Valley. Johnston SE Polk Ankeny have some talent. Not impressed with either Waukee. The city schools are in dire trouble and need help bad

Live on west side. Have watch parties every game we don’t go to. Always welcome as long you are not a richard
0Z5NLg.gif

Oh Richard, what's happening?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT