ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD

It's cringey when people say we have more talent than a team beating us by 40+...I don't see much talent, other than a raw DR. This team is so bereft of talent, I'm not even sure where to start, every position needs a giant talent upgrade, most notably on the lines and LB....guys were just embarassing today.

The set of skill guys may be the worst Nebraska has ever had. No running back on the team is worth a shit and for all the talk about our wideout room, we've had much better over the last 20 years.

What are talking about? We’ve been in the top half of Big 10 recruiting year after year. Way higher than anything Indiana has done.
Ok, I’ll try again. As Indiana plays their backups and stops us and will go down and prob score. Name me an athletic 4* that panned out? We take whoever others don’t. And our 3* and big ol white dudes. Maybe your tv is black and white.

Not sure how to articulate this but year and year out it seems every big 10 we play is more disciplined, bigger in the trenches, bigger skill players etc etc. it’s like a never ending cycle that we cant seem to overcome no matter what we try or do

Reactions: Seascout3
The set of skill guys may be the worst Nebraska has ever had. No running back on the team is worth a shit and for all the talk about our wideout room, we've had much better over the last 20 years.
I don't think Satt could get out of his own way if he was calling plays for the '07 Patriots

Reactions: BigRedTed
Who was that guy on Indiana who just dropkicked the ball? I did not think Indiana had one of those on their team.

Ok, I’ll try again. As Indiana plays their backups and stops us and will go down and prob score. Name me an athletic 4* that panned out? We take whoever others don’t. And our 3* and big ol white dudes. Maybe your tv is black and white.
I feel like you’re making my point. We’ve had nice recruiting classes on a yearly basis for quite some time and we are getting worked by their backups.

So we just miss out on every player we recruit? Or maybe our coaches suck and aren’t developing them well, not scheming well etc..

Again, we will see what you say 2 years from now.

Not sure how to articulate this but year and year out it seems every big 10 we play is more disciplined, bigger in the trenches, bigger skill players etc etc. it’s like a never ending cycle that we cant seem to overcome no matter what we try or do
They have hired shit for the last 20 years. Good coaching can overcome this if we make the right choice in 2-3 years when Matt is let go.

It’s not size. Our edge and linebackers are bad against the run especially. Our freshman QB is swimming in it. His unwillingness to pull it down and run or throw deep is allowing defenses to Tee off on him.

It's cringey when people say we have more talent than a team beating us by 40+...I don't see much talent, other than a raw DR. This team is so bereft of talent, I'm not even sure where to start, every position needs a giant talent upgrade, most notably on the lines and LB....guys were just embarassing today.
This.

And I know it's ultimately Rhules fault.

But (talking older guys playing, not necessarily young true frosh)

Oline mostly all suck
WRs suck
RBs are mid
LBs are slow as ****
DBs suck.

I was hoping for a different result, but sadly, not surprised by this one. I’m not surprised anymore when NU plays lot hot garbage.

IU is better than I gave them credit for. I’m afraid the opposite is true of Nebraska - whatever ‘credit’ NU was getting was not deserved.
This program has lost its mental toughness. It is not just Rhule because we’ve seen this through several coaching regimes…when things go bad it really snow balls.

It’s not size. Our edge and linebackers are bad against the run especially. Our freshman QB is swimming in it. His unwillingness to pull it down and run or throw deep is allowing defenses to Tee off on him.
him pulling it down will never make up for the fact we have zero desire to commit to any sort of power run game whatsoever

what Satt and Uncle Donnie (and by proxy Rhule) are doing to DR should be prosecutable

him pulling it down will never make up for the fact we have zero desire to commit to any sort of power run game whatsoever

what Satt and Uncle Donnie (and by proxy Rhule) are doing to DR should be prosecutable
This isn’t Donnie. I’m not happy with the play calling. We called pass plays on every first down in the third quarter. 😕

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
This isn’t Donnie. I’m not happy with the play calling. We called pass plays on every down in the third quarter. 😕
donnie is the run game coordinator. and the OL coach.

we have no run scheme. and an atrocious OL.

sorry - his fat, I'm-just-here-becuase-of-my-last-name fingerprints are all over this.

We should probably fire our teenage WR coach as well. Lazy routes all day long.

Never should’ve hired him in the 1st place. People bashed me when I said that 2 years ago, but it was one of the most predictable bad hires ever. You just can’t put someone that young in charge of something that important. I’ve had to hire and fire people myself. And 20 year olds are ALAWYS (without exception) bad at their jobs. Some might be impressive compared to other 20 year olds. But I’ve never once seen a 20 something be superior to someone in their 30s/40s/50s who’ve done the job for 10-30 years. I’ve never once seen that in my 40+ years of professional life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT