ADVERTISEMENT

Deion at the Nebraska press conf

I’m convinced you are as much of a troll to husker fans as the potshot Iowa fans. You do this for effect, and you do it well. Congrats.

Funny thing is, there was a Iowa poster on the Iowa board who had the same avatar as Kong, can't recall his handle though. Same arrogance as an Iowa fan.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
Funny thing is, there was a Iowa poster on the Iowa board who had the same avatar as Kong, can't recall his handle though. Same arrogance as an Iowa fan.
Sometimes I feel as tho certain Iowa fans lost a bet after last year’s game, The bet was the loser had to sign up on Husker board and be civil. Eventually the true colors will shine through.

You realize kong uses preacher to describe Rhule because he knows he'll get some reactions from members. That's the reason he does it. Right kong? If he called Rhule, just Rhule, there's nowhere near the reactions.
no, it's what I truly believe based on evidence he's provided.

lots of preaching. not so much coaching. saying one thing, doing another.

the fact so many react so viscerally says much more about them than it does me. my thoughts are as consistent and straightforward as they come.

we'll see what kind of head man he is on Saturday.

Just put King Clown on ignore like I did. Life's been so much better without seeing the trolls nonsense directly!

Obviously I can still tell due to all the context with others comments quoting his lunacy... But that says something about the level of trolling he does that he tries to pass off as being such a devout Husker "fan".

Anything he seems to have to offer that is even remotely of use is substantially eclipsed by the nonsense. It seems clear the dudes become completely unhinged.

Go "Preacher" Rhule! As any true fan would do, I'm giving him until year two to show me something before I critique him too hard.

Beat the Bluffs Saturday! GBR
"unhinged". remember when this guy threatened to beat me up on an anonymous forum?

wife out working late again tonight to put food on your table?

no amount of ignoring me will ever fill the shame hole you've created by failing at the most basic levels of manhood.

Last edited:
Laughable. Rhule at temple or Baylor isn’t evidence?

Until I see evidence you don’t have double standards, you will remain a troll to me.
I'm not a temple or baylor fan

last time he beat a ranked team was in 2016. don't believe he beat a single one at baylor.

what lies is Deion selling?

no, it's what I truly believe based on evidence he's provided.

lots of preaching. not so much coaching. saying one thing, doing another.

the fact so many react so viscerally says much more about them than it does me. my thoughts are as consistent and straightforward as they come.

we'll see what kind of head man he is on Saturday.
U call him that because you get a reaction. And u know it.

U call him that because you get a reaction. And u know it.
frankly, I can't think of a better moniker given his (admittedly short) track record here

I fully expect him to have the team ready to win on Saturday

frankly, I can't think of a better moniker given his (admittedly short) track record here

I fully expect him to have the team ready to win on Saturday
Hedging your bets I see, so that should Nebraska win, you can claim you called it. But if Nebraska loses, you can continue your crusade against Rhule.

Win-win for the troll, I’d say.

deion did what he said - which was a lot. had the kids coached up enough to win and went out and won.

all Rhule needed to do was not hand the ball to grant like he said he was going to. he failed miserably.

Deion seems very genuine to me and I've never heard anything different from anyone who's ever met him.

Rhule proved to be a bloviating gasbag (preacher) who cannot be trusted to keep his word. I haven't listened to a single syllable since the game ended Thursday. did I miss anything? doubt it.

things can change, but this is where we stand after 1 week. talk all you want so long as you back it up on the field. otherwise, you're just as good as the next guy occupying a soapbox.

I expect to play well enough to win on Saturday and am not afraid of the buffs.

Handing the ball to Grant is why we lost.

And you can’t be serious with the idea that since they won a game (and let’s be honest, TCU completely shit the bed to make it happen), the Coach is now genuine and honest.

TCU throws red zone INT’s and stops running the ball= “Coach Prime” is honest. Grant fumbles in the 4Q= Rhule is a liar. Some amazing logic there.

Last edited:

And you can’t be serious with the idea that since they won a game (and let’s be honest, TCU completely shit the bed to make it happen), the Coach is now genuine and honest.

TCU throws red zone INT’s and stops running the ball= “Coach Prime” is honest. Grant fumbles in the 4Q= Rhule is a liar. Some amazing logic there.
“If you don’t hang onto the ball, you won’t play for us”

- preacher Rhule, 3 days before playing the player he directed those comments at, who of course fumbled the game away

I’ve always said I found Deion genuine. He walked the walk, our head man sadly just talked the talk

Hedging your bets I see, so that should Nebraska win, you can claim you called it. But if Nebraska loses, you can continue your crusade against Rhule.

Win-win for the troll, I’d say.
This is quite a stretch

I call it like I see it, friend. Sue me

Here’s a post of mine from 2022
I think Deion is an incredibly genuine guy and a very, very good person who has put others at the heart of his whole life despite the occasional theatrics

whichever P5 school ends up landing him will be extremely fun to follow
@timnsun as you can see, my thoughts about Deion aren’t new and haven’t changed

This isn’t some crusade against our head man. It’s just literally what happened.

If he hadn’t made a point to call out a player for fumbling in practice, say verbatim that player can’t play for us because he can’t take care of the ball, then hand him the ball 72 hours later in the most critical juncture of the game only for him to fumble, I wouldn’t be calling him a liar.

He lied. Plain and simple.

I haven’t listened to a word he’s said this week for the strict purpose of no longer judging what he says but rather what he does

Pretty benevolent if you ask me

I've listened to him plenty, and I'm not sure how anyone could come to any conclusion other than Deion is all about Deion and his ego, and no one else. And the fact that his son threw for a million yards and they won their first game doesn't suddenly change that.
yeah, but if (when) they beat us tomorrow, it's gonna put all of the 'coaching is more important than Talent' acolytes into Panic Mode...

• Haha
yeah, but if (when) they beat us tomorrow, it's gonna put all of the 'coaching is more important than Talent' acolytes into Panic Mode...

Anyone that thinks it doesn’t take talent to win, is living under a rock. The programs that win at the highest level have the most talent.

IF we lose tomorrow, all it will do is allow for a victory lap for all the Deion fanboys on the site (mostly teenagers and/or trolls with multiple screen names), who already live in their own alternate reality and hear and see what they want anyway.

Good thing message board fans and "fans" (trolls) don't get any say on our program. They would've hired Sanders, and in Nebraska, that would've been a mess. In Boulder where fake Californians don't actually care about football, ethics, etc? It's no big deal whether he actually wins or loses. So long as eye balls are on the Colorado program, because they weren't without the guy that's for sure and never we're going to be.

Nebraska on the other hand is a nationally coveted blue blood with a peculiar, devout local fan base.

Anyone that thinks it doesn’t take talent to win, is living under a rock. The programs that win at the highest level have the most talent.

IF we lose tomorrow, all it will do is allow for a victory lap for all the Deion fanboys on the site (mostly teenagers and/or trolls with multiple screen names), who already live in their own alternate reality and hear and see what they want anyway.
I will be disappointed

There will be no victory lap for me. Just lamenting another season lost/turned pointless by week 2 and looking forward to playing our dogshit peers in the B1G.

This isn’t some crusade against our head man. It’s just literally what happened.

If he hadn’t made a point to call out a player for fumbling in practice, say verbatim that player can’t play for us because he can’t take care of the ball, then hand him the ball 72 hours later in the most critical juncture of the game only for him to fumble, I wouldn’t be calling him a liar.

I haven’t listened to a word he’s said this week for the strict purpose of no longer judging what he says but rather what he does

I guess we have completely different definitions of genuine (big surprise).

I see a guy who said God called him to coach at an HBCU. Convinced a bunch of high profile kids to follow him and left the first chance he had at a better job.

I see a guy who told his team he wasn't going anywhere late last year, told them he doesn't chase the bag, the bag chases him. And then not only turned around and left, but took every player with a pulse with him. Is this what CU has to look forward to?

I see a guy hocking his own personal brand 24/7. Selling "Coach Prime" merch like a late night QVC host.

I see a guy who talks about himself and only himself every chance he gets. When he was hired, at practice, during interviews, even right after a big team win. Is this about the players or the team at all? (Don't answer, we all know).

And that doesn't mention any of the personal issues that just get swept under the rug because he's so cool.

Not exactly my definition of genuine and honest, but that's just me.

I think it’s cute that simply because you are consistent in your message you believe it’s all good.

Trolls are consistent in their messaging as well, FWIW…

I think it’s cute that simply because you are consistent in your message you believe it’s all good.

Trolls are consistent in their messaging as well, FWIW…
Do trolls also intentionally disarm themselves? I haven’t listened to a word Rhule has spoken since thurs for the sole purpose of judging him by his team’s on-field actions.

I struck a chord with you. It’s obvious. Apologies to your feelings.

Oh come on, LOL. That's the most slanted game analysis ever. The first pick was just a great read by the safety. You act like TCU handed him the ball. It was 2nd and long so a good offensive play call, but a better defensive play. On the 2nd interception, that was literally one of the best plays I've ever seen from a CB at any level. I'm not even the only one saying that as several All-Pro CBs have made similar statements. Like Klatt said, that play is a TD 100 out of 100 times. TCU didn't throw a pick. CU made an interception in an amazing play. You can't take any of those plays away.

You also never mentioned CU fumbled (questionable by replay) giving TCU the ball in the redzone. They capitalized with a TD when the game momentum was not going their way. We had a bad snap on a field goal that they blocked. We dropped an easy TD pass by same superstar player who made the amazing pick at the goal line. That's probably a play he makes 100 out of 100 times. Never mind the kick off gaffes that directly lead to TCU points! That giveaway argument is tired... particularly when CU can point to at least 21 points they "gave away" with their own gaffes. At worst it's tit for tat, but I'm not sure they got the better end of the "mistakes". TCU most certainly did not just "shit the bed". They were beaten on their own home field in the painful heat they are used to playing in, fair and square.

Do trolls also intentionally disarm themselves? I haven’t listened to a word Rhule has spoken since thurs for the sole purpose of judging him by his team’s on-field actions.

I struck a chord with you. It’s obvious. Apologies to your feelings.
You’re right, you have struck a chord with me… I just find it disrespectful how you have been treating the coach after just one game. Others have questioned him on this board, but they have questioned him in ways that show more respect than you. And I have a problem with the lack of respect. That said, you do you.

I know you will defend yourself, claiming you have been nothing but consistent. But you could be a little classier about it. That’s the chord you struck.

Oh come on, LOL. That's the most slanted game analysis ever. The first pick was just a great read by the safety. You act like TCU handed him the ball. It was 2nd and long so a good offensive play call, but a better defensive play. On the 2nd interception, that was literally one of the best plays I've ever seen from a CB at any level. I'm not even the only one saying that as several All-Pro CBs have made similar statements. Like Klatt said, that play is a TD 100 out of 100 times. TCU didn't throw a pick. CU made an interception in an amazing play. You can't take any of those plays away.

You also never mentioned CU fumbled (questionable by replay) giving TCU the ball in the redzone. They capitalized with a TD when the game momentum was not going their way. We had a bad snap on a field goal that they blocked. We dropped an easy TD pass by same superstar player who made the amazing pick at the goal line. That's probably a play he makes 100 out of 100 times. Never mind the kick off gaffes that directly lead to TCU points! That giveaway argument is tired... particularly when CU can point to at least 21 points they "gave away" with their own gaffes. At worst it's tit for tat, but I'm not sure they got the better end of the "mistakes". TCU most certainly did not just "shit the bed". They were beaten on their own home field in the painful heat they are used to playing in, fair and square.
Ahhhh, the Buff fan boy! LOVE IT

Dude, you have your own board. Go to google, type in whatever the name of it is, press enter/return and have fun with your friends.

You’re right, you have struck a chord with me… I just find it disrespectful how you have been treating the coach after just one game. Others have questioned him on this board, but they have questioned him in ways that show more respect than you. And I have a problem with the lack of respect. That said, you do you.

I know you will defend yourself, claiming you have been nothing but consistent. But you could be a little classier about it. That’s the chord you struck.
I have a lot of respect for actions. Not so much for empty words.

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Will tell us a lot about the head man.

I have a lot of respect for actions. Not so much for empty words.

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Will tell us a lot about the head man.
I don’t disagree. Actions speak louder than words. That said, I still think the coach deserves more respect than he’s getting from you.

That’s just me. So no worries. But it is hard for me not to react, so those times I do, I seek grace. And I will try to show grace as well. I sometimes suck at it, so apologies in advance.

Reactions: king_kong_

Okay, I saw that pick you are jerking off about it.

It was not that big of a deal. First off it was lame defense by CU and then that DB just came off his man to pick off the ball...he didn't even need to dive and he would have gone 98 yards the other way.

Reactions: Huskers123456
I don’t disagree. Actions speak louder than words. That said, I still think the coach deserves more respect than he’s getting from you.

That’s just me. So no worries. But it is hard for me not to react, so those times I do, I seek grace. And I will try to show grace as well. I sometimes suck at it, so apologies in advance.
Respect from me is earned, not given due to job title

Once the kids figure out that it’s all about Dion and not the school he’ll move on
lmao what? you think these kids give a shit about the school either? absolutely not. maybe 1% of high school players care about going to "represent a school" but the rest care about "is this going to give me a chance to play in the NFL."

here are the schools with the most NFL draft picks since 2000:

Ohio State141
Alabama127
LSU126
Miami (FL)119
Florida117
Georgia115
USC112
Florida St.109
Oklahoma101

notice how similar that looks to teams that rake in top recruiting classes every year?

this tired notion that any kid who would potentially come to Nebraska is doing so out of reverence for their history or rivalries needs to die asap. outside of local kids, and lets be honest in that Nebraska isn't a hotbed of NFL talent, nobody gives a shit.

you're not going to attract a 5 star QB or DE because he's dying to play against Iowa on Black Friday. you get those kids from a combination of:

a) does this increase my chance to one day get an NFL contract
b) will NIL compensation and immediate playing time be available

• Wow

^^^^^^
Well-said.

Reactions: headcard
Good thing message board fans and "fans" (trolls) don't get any say on our program. They would've hired Sanders, and in Nebraska, that would've been a mess. In Boulder where fake Californians don't actually care about football, ethics, etc? It's no big deal whether he actually wins or loses. So long as eye balls are on the Colorado program, because they weren't without the guy that's for sure and never we're going to be.

Nebraska on the other hand is a nationally coveted blue blood with a peculiar, devout local fan base.
Soooo would you rather see this program led by

a) a morally upstanding, well-mannered coach with superior developmental skills of 3-star and a small handful of 4-star athletes who struggles against those with better talent OR

b) a complete asshole who wins games

??

Soooo would you rather see this program led by

a) a morally upstanding, well-mannered coach with superior developmental skills of 3-star and a small handful of 4-star athletes who struggles against those with better talent OR

b) a complete asshole who wins games

??
He's won a single game at the Power 5 level. Obviously we want the winner and if two years from now Deion should have been that well shame on us, but where we've been we needed a developer. Deion will be a very interesting case study, but there really isn't too many people like him that could do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT