ADVERTISEMENT

defensive starters

Starters on D, from names were are hearing
DL - Jeudy, Nash, Robinson
LB - Sherman, Reimer, Heinrich
DB - Farmer, Gifford, Brown, Hartzog, Newsome
That's what is seems like right now...What is the status of Buford?

I’m not familiar with LB responsibility in this new scheme but if they are expected to cover or rush the passer, god speed to Heinrich. Maybe he will turn the corner but for being slow as shite he doesn’t make up for it in instinct.

We can't do better than Gifford?

Hartzog is at safety mainly. Who is the other corner.

Reactions: Redblood23
I’m not familiar with LB responsibility in this new scheme but if they are expected to cover or rush the passer, god speed to Heinrich. Maybe he will turn the corner but for being slow as shite he doesn’t make up for it in instinct.
Yeah we cant over recruit him and that's scary.

Reactions: huntered
I'm willing to give everyone a fresh start this year... In Rhule & Co. I trust... let's see how they develop and how guys respond this year... My gut says we'll be pleasantly surprised by some guys
Yeah, I get that. But he just is not big enough to take up space and he is weight room strong but it doesn't translate to the field for some reason. Just not football functional power.

Yeah, I get that. But he just is not big enough to take up space and he is weight room strong but it doesn't translate to the field for some reason. Just not football functional power.
He’s dropped some bad weight and added leaner muscle. Same for some others. This team will move better than we’ve seen in awhile imo.

I'm willing to give everyone a fresh start this year... In Rhule & Co. I trust... let's see how they develop and how guys respond this year... My gut says we'll be pleasantly surprised by some guys

That's true. New coaches.

Good points in this thread. While an actual depth chart is speculative at this point, what I find interesting is to hear which new and emerging players are working their way into the rotation for the fall, which transfers are ready, who made gains in the weight room, and which overlooked players are getting a chance with the new staff.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
He is. I’ve seen him in all the recent YouTube practice videos. He’s added good weight
Good to hear he's still on the team. He's a big head-scratcher for me. Seems like he's been here 10 years and really thought he'd be an impact player when we signed him. Hasn't been mentioned in any interviews I've heard since Rhule and staff has been hired. Must not be academic since Rhule has no qualms sitting players immediately. Very strange.

Good to hear he's still on the team. He's a big head-scratcher for me. Seems like he's been here 10 years and really thought he'd be an impact player when we signed him. Hasn't been mentioned in any interviews I've heard since Rhule and staff has been hired. Must not be academic since Rhule has no qualms sitting players immediately. Very strange.
There have been some injuries, but I think he lacks the size and athleticism of a number of the other DBs. And it's not like there haven't been opportunities. Buford shows up and snags a starting spot. Hartzog's work in practice as a first year guy eventually demanded a spot on the field.

Really the only thing that matters is the final depth chart after Fall camp.
Right now guys are just trying to learn the system. I bet a couple frosh turn heads in the fall. We are 14 guys over for Fall as it stands so some will move on after Spring ball.
Interesting though.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Really the only thing that matters is the final depth chart after Fall camp.
Right now guys are just trying to learn the system. I bet a couple frosh turn heads in the fall. We are 14 guys over for Fall as it stands so some will move on after Spring ball.
Interesting though.
At least 14 will move on.

No way Henrich starts in this defense, he's too slow. Maybe he changes positions and ends up at edge or something otherwise he's depth at LB.

LB - Sherman, Reimer, Borders
Rover - Farmer
DB - Buford, Brown, Hartzog, Newsome

Defense still seems to be lacking in top end talent but maybe that's just me. The offense is unproven but has guys like Fidone, Gilbert, Betts, Ajay Allen, etc. Guys you wouldn't be surprised if you see them on Sunday in a few years.

I think Robinson has a ton of untapped potential but not sure I see a bunch of NFL players on D. Hartzog has potential but undersized right now.

Last edited:
No way Henrich starts in this defense, he's too slow. Maybe he changes positions and ends up at edge or something otherwise he's depth at LB.

LB - Sherman, Reimer, Borders
Rover - Farmer
DB - Buford, Brown, Hartzog, Newsome
Collier? I don’t think Buford is even practicing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT