ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

Meanfarmer3160

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2022
What is the difference between this year and last years defense?

We have looked like dog shit the last 2 games, with mostly the same players.

Hey, OP, now that I have your full attention....your screen name & avatar pic are at best distracting, and at worst, infringing on my internet persona.

Consider revising yours to @Otis12 and using this pic please

images

We had the same problem last year when we only rushed 3 or 4. White for some reason was too afraid to blitz Illinois, funny thing is when he actually took a risk and called that corner blitz they got a turnover out of it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
We had the same problem last year when we only rushed 3 or 4. White for some reason was too afraid to blitz Illinois, funny thing is when he actually took a risk and called that corner blitz they got a turnover out of it.
Have to wonder if Hill going out took away some of his confidence we could defend their wr’s when we blitz.

What is the difference between this year and last years defense?

We have looked like dog shit the last 2 games, with mostly the same players.
You know what happens when a well coached team like Illinois gets held to seven points? The next year they make damn sure that it will not happen again. This is year two that the Big Ten is seeing White's 3-3-5. With only two 300 pound guys on the field and sometimes less than that, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the best strategy should be against us.

Hey, OP, now that I have your full attention....your screen name & avatar pic are at best distracting, and at worst, infringing on my internet persona.

Consider revising yours to @Otis12 and using this pic please

images
Sorry about the distraction.... I do have a beautiful wife.

They had several chunk pass plays when we blitzed and didn’t get home. Not sure what the answer is but I think we’re going to have to gamble more.

You know what happens when a well coached team like Illinois gets held to seven points? The next year they make damn sure that it will not happen again. This is year two that the Big Ten is seeing White's 3-3-5. With only two 300 pound guys on the field and sometimes less than that, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the best strategy should be against us.

I agree with the coaching aspect of your post. That said two 300 pounders on a field isn't something that's abnormal for defenses. Any team playing an even front is likely to have only 2 300 pounders on the DL.

Holla

I agree with the coaching aspect of your post. That said two 300 pounders on a field isn't something that's abnormal for defenses. Any team playing an even front is likely to have only 2 300 pounders on the DL.

Holla
But with an odd front you typically see three big guys and not two.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT