ADVERTISEMENT

Deandre Johnson dismissed from FSU

It doesnt matter who instigated it or what happened leading up to it. He punched her. The action is unacceptable under any normal circumstance.
I'm not saying that his actions are acceptable. Just that some of the blame falls on her and she should be charged accordingly as well.

At the 12-14 second mark you can see that she sticks out her left leg from keeping him trying to get to the bar. That right there to me shows that she was the instigator. DJ didn't do anything to warrant her keeping him from the bar by sticking her leg out.
Haven't weighed in yet, but just because she stuck her leg out it doesn't mean it needed to escalate to the punch. And if I were in his shoes and a woman took a swing at me I would walk away. Just walk away. Go to the other side of the bar or something...

Anyone can say he had the right to defend himself, but the only real action he should have taken was to take a hike. Period.

Put yourself in his shoes... What would you have done? Is there anyone on here who would say "I would have punched her"? For those defending him, would you have punched her?

Reactions: headcard
Haven't weighed in yet, but just because she stuck her leg out it doesn't mean it needed to escalate to the punch. And if I were in his shoes and a woman took a swing at me I would walk away. Just walk away. Go to the other side of the bar or something...

Anyone can say he had the right to defend himself, but the only real action he should have taken was to take a hike. Period.

Put yourself in his shoes... What would you have done? Is there anyone on here who would say "I would have punched her"? For those defending him, would you have punched her?
I don't think a single person on here is saying that it's ok that he punched her.

Read St. Anger's response.

And if I were in his shoes and a woman took a swing at me I would walk away. Just walk away. Go to the other side of the bar or something...
That's exactly what I said in one of my previous posts. He should have walked away after getting hit and spoke to a manager or even call the police if he deemed necessary.

I don't think a single person on here is saying that it's ok that he punched her.
I've seen, "she probably had it coming," and, "he has a right to defend himself for getting me his eyes scratched out" or something like that.

If you read my post I never said people said it was ok that he punched her. What I did say is he should have walked away. That's it.

In other words, no matter what she said or did in this video, didn't warrant the punch. That's on him and him alone. That's how I see it. Maybe I was unclear on that... My apologies.

I guess what I was trying to get across is that I believe most if not all posting here would say I would never have hit her. If that's the case, then why not hold DJ to that as well?

HuskerO, I did see where you said that he should have walked away and I agree with you.

I've seen, "she probably had it coming," and, "he has a right to defend himself for getting me his eyes scratched out" or something like that.

If you read my post I never said people said it was ok that he punched her. What I did say is he should have walked away. That's it.

In other words, no matter what she said or did in this video, didn't warrant the punch. That's on him and him alone. That's how I see it. Maybe I was unclear on that... My apologies.

HuskerO, I did see where you said that he should have walked away and I agree with you.
This is like calling water wet.

Not sure what your problem is, I'm not going after you. See my edit in my previous post.
I'm not going after you. You're simply saying he should have walked away. Yes, he should've. She should have too. The entire situation should not have happened in the first place. So saying stuff like, "he shouldn't have hit her" is kind of a given.

I'm not going after you. You're simply saying he should have walked away. Yes, he should've. She should have too. The entire situation should not have happened in the first place. So saying stuff like, "he shouldn't have hit her" is kind of a given.
Yes I said that but I was trying to say more. Maybe not very well... I just don't understand why anybody is defending him in this situation by saying she started it.

Yes I said that but I was trying to say more. Maybe not very well... I just don't understand why anybody is defending him in this situation by saying she started it.
Just to clarify, do you think St. Anger or myself are defending JD?

$(KGrHqZ,!o4FI5Nq08KzBSQGnmg,Tw~~60_59.JPG

Just to clarify, do you think St. Anger or myself are defending JD?
Didn't want to name names... But no not you guys... Guess I have no choice. Suhnami, Why post this?

You said this, "So when would he have a right to defend himself? After she gives him a bloody nose? Maybe after she decides her punches aren't having the desired effect and goes all girl-cat-fight on him and claws him, potentially injuring one of his eyes ending any sort of sports future physically; in your invalid legal opinion completely not based on the any sort of law whatsoever just because she is female?"

The answer is don't even let it get to this point. It really is that simple.

Didn't want to name names... But no not you guys... Guess I have no choice. Suhnami, Why post this?

You said this, "So when would he have a right to defend himself? After she gives him a bloody nose? Maybe after she decides her punches aren't having the desired effect and goes all girl-cat-fight on him and claws him, potentially injuring one of his eyes ending any sort of sports future physically; in your invalid legal opinion completely not based on the any sort of law whatsoever just because she is female?"

Good to know. I wasn't under the impression that you thought we were defending JD, but I just wanted to make sure we (St. Anger and myself) were getting our points across. Not defending JD, just think that both should be charged.

Think I've said everything that I could possibly say on this subject. Hopefully both parties learn from it, get better in their decision making and move on to making their lives and this world better.

If you can't follow the thread and keep everything in context sit it out.

The previous poster claimed a person who turned around to accost and spew racial epithets at another person wasn't a "threat" so I was asking at what point does it become a threat to the guy who claimed "I were judge and jury, Deandre Johnson's retaliation by a full blown punch to the face would not fly in my court."

But that's not what escalated the situation to the punch. You're leaving out a lot of other material stuff here.

Those are examples of sexism that he said he was for. Or perhaps you think we should pick and choose which sexism is allowed based on the circumstances?

That was not what he was saying and you know it. And if you dont know it, I see no reason to carry on this discussion

If you can't follow the thread and keep everything in context sit it out.

The previous poster claimed a person who turned around to accost and spew racial epithets at another person wasn't a "threat" so I was asking at what point does it become a threat to the guy who claimed "I were judge and jury, Deandre Johnson's retaliation by a full blown punch to the face would not fly in my court."
I don't mean to sound racially insensitive, but who cares what someone said? This woman was not in the right in any way, shape or form. But that doesn't excuse his retaliation.

But that's not what escalated the situation to the punch. You're leaving out a lot of other material stuff here.
I'm leaving this material out because, again, he should have walked away. Period.

It doesn't work in my book to say "he was wrong but she aggravated the situation by her actions." He could have walked away. That's all I'm saying.

What I missed yesterday when I saw the video, is that he physically grabbed and attempted to subdue her, after shoving his way forward and into her, before she ever raised a fist. By the time she raised a fist, he had physically bullied her several times, laying his hands on her first, last of which was in the form of restraining her with his hands. She didn't attempt to raise a fist until several physical actions came from him first. He laid his hands on her first and was trying to over power her by the time she retaliated. I don't get how anyone could see all that, and defend what he did.

How do you see this when he had his back to her?

2mo4bab.jpg

2a7zf9s.jpg

2yxkzfb.jpg

I don't mean to sound racially insensitive, but who cares what someone said? This woman was not in the right in any way, shape or form. But that doesn't excuse his retaliation.

I'm leaving this material out because, again, he should have walked away. Period.

It doesn't work in my book to say "he was wrong but she aggravated the situation by her actions." He could have walked away. That's all I'm saying.

Most of the people are discussing what happened and you're discussing what should have happened. To me, in this thread, those are 2 separate discussions.

Should the female also have walked away?

hey, I got a question.. would it matter if she was really a guy? I mean, what if she was like Caitlyn Jenner and only dressing like a woman?

great screenshots suhnami

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Suhnami, if I am smart enough to understand where you are coming from, you are saying she contributed to the escalating situation. I don't disagree, her actions did escalate things.

I don't think it is a valid excuse for what followed.

What's funny about this is I was just going by what you wrote earlier and you lambasted me for that...

No you weren't. You mocked something I said by incorrectly stating it and taking it out of context and you omitted pertinent information. To claim you were just going by what I said is disingenuous at best.

Most of the people are discussing what happened and you're discussing what should have happened. To me, in this thread, those are 2 separate discussions.

Should the female also have walked away?
Why should she??? She can obviously start and escalate the situation without worry of any repercussion.

Those are examples of sexism that he said he was for. Or perhaps you think we should pick and choose which sexism is allowed based on the circumstances?
1. Those are examples of sexism that I said I was for?

2. Yes, we should pick and choose which sexism is allowed. I pick the one that says a man does not hit a woman...ever.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
No you weren't. You mocked something I said by ring a incorrectly stating it and taking it out of context and you omitted pertinent information. To claim you were just going by what I said is disingenuous at best.
That is hilarious! That is exactly what you did with Tulsa, and you have the audacity to pretend otherwise?

If you stick to your story and say you were only going by what TT said, not trolling with your response to him, all I can say is wow...

Edit: do you really believe Tulsa was saying a woman wearing a short skirt deserves to be raped? Your words, not tulsa's...

2. Yes, we should pick and choose which sexism is allowed. I pick the one that says a man does not hit a woman...ever.

Bad punctuation on my part, it should have been, "Those are examples of sexism - sexism that he said he was for."

So if people are picking and choosing which sexism is allowed and which they're discarding they're free to discard that "a man does not hit a woman...ever" right?

That is hilarious! That is exactly what you did with Tulsa, and you have the audacity to pretend otherwise?

If you stick to your story and say you were only going by what TT said, not trolling with your response to him, all I can say is wow...

Edit: do you really believe Tulsa was saying a woman wearing a short skirt deserves to be raped? Your words, not tulsa's...

1st Those aren't my words.

2nd You should sit this out because of your inability to follow the thread and keep things context.

Why should she??? She can obviously start and escalate the situation without worry of any repercussion.
Yeah cuz that's what I'm saying. She could cut off his balls and he'd have to take it.

Seriously, Red, where is the line then? Did she cross the line making it acceptable for DJ to respond with a punch? It's got to be somewhere in between... Help me out. Obviously I don't know where that line is to be drawn. At what point is it acceptable for a man to punch a woman?

Bad punctuation on my part, it should have been, "Those are examples of sexism - sexism that he said he was for."

So if people are picking and choosing which sexism is allowed and which they're discarding they're free to discard that "a man does not hit a woman...ever" right?

Yes.

You're for it all the time right? Like when women are overcharged at a mechanics shop? Or like how if a woman gets raped people assume she was asking for it based on the clothing she was wearing?
Suhnami, these aren't your words? You were baiting Tulsa with this. At least have the decency to admit that.

Yes I was trolling you. I admit it. See? It's not that hard...

Suhnami, these aren't your words? You were baiting Tulsa with this. At least have the decency to admit that.

Yes I was trolling you. I admit it. See? It's not that hard...

Those are my words and they aren't what you said the 1st time. So take your trolling elsewhere.

Unless your a cop doing your duty at a pool party. Then it's ok... right???

Right is right and wrong is wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT