ADVERTISEMENT

DE Xavier Kelly note

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
1614207.jpg

I just spoke with Wichita (Kan.) East defensive end Xavier Kelly to gauge his remaining interest level in Nebraska after the coaching change in Lincoln. He said the Huskers are definitely still on his radar.

"Yes sir, I have heard from them. I've heard from some of their [new] coaches. They said they have seen my film and are excited about me. I might go there soon. They said they want me to come to their spring game and to spring practice as well."

Kelly said that he's going to check with his parents and coaches to see how we can get up to Lincoln to visit with the new staff.

He took an unofficial visit to NU for last season's Purdue home game and he said the things that he remembers most was the huge crowd in the stands and watching Randy Gregory play.

He said that the reason he de-committed from Kansas State was that he felt he made too early of a decision and he wants to explore all of his options before settling on a school.

Kelly said that his current favorites are Michigan, Oregon and TCU, but that he is definitely still interested in and considering Nebraska. He just wants to get the chance to meet the new Cornhusker coaches and see how he likes them.

We will stay on top of this to see if Kelly does make it up to Nebraska sometime in these next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.