ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Raiola is N!!

Good point. I guess he might still get taller!
The video in this thread was good, and mentioned he was 15 whenever it was made and claimed that he’s “expected” to grow 3” still.

I’m not a fan of left handed QBs, only selfishly because it visually messes with my brain.

But he does look to have a solid arm for a young kid. Time will tell.

His commitment helps to reinforce some semblance of stability for Dylan to stick around, even if not guaranteed.

Just 5’11’’? That is why he will probably never be rated higher than a 3 star. But that would be a mistake. How tall was Doug Flute? Or closer to home, how tall was Joe Ganz?
It is indeed an advantage for a QB to be tall. But it is not at all a disqualification for greatness to be a shorter QB either.

Great get! GBR!
Bryce Young 2023 #1 NFL pick, who is failing big time at Carolina, is about the same height but he probably weighs about 170. I can’t imagine any of Dom’s kids with that DNA weighing less than 200. It sounds like Dayton is doing very well at that big time HS football factory in Georgia, albeit after just a few games.

How good is the kid? Just curious because I don't know much about him other than who his brother is. My question to all those who like him and his commitment is if he was "random name QB" from "anywhere USA" with all of the same accomplishment and stats with a different last name would you still feel the same way?

Holla

Reactions: dinglefritz
How good is the kid? Just curious because I don't know much about him other than who his brother is. My question to all those who like him and his commitment is if he was "random name QB" from "anywhere USA" with all of the same accomplishment and stats with a different last name would you still feel the same way?

Holla
From my understanding he trains with the same QB coach that Dylan does, so he’s picking up on the same/similar technique to Dylan. At this point I view it simply as a show of good faith in Dylan and to keep him and his family interested in NU.

Reactions: kakdawg

Holla
He's starting for Buford HS in Georgia. He's good enough. Still growing.

Holla
He is starting and doing well in his first few games at the national powerhouse Buford HS, Georgia where Dylan played his senior season. So it sounds like he is more than just a little brother getting a “courtesy” recruitment, even if that is how the recruitment was initiated a couple years ago. Imagine it helps that Rhule is aware of the intensity and focus of that family on high achievement. I bet Dayton’s national recruitment is picking up steam and will only intensify as his junior year proceeds. It's his first year starting so obviously there was little film on him until this past month.

Holla
Absolutely. I really like what little footage we’ve seen from Dayton so far. I like the optics, too, in terms of it possibly helping keep Dylan around, and the timing of the announcement showing that the family is still all-in on Rhule and the Husker program.

But ngl, the DNA doesn’t hurt when it comes to great players coming from the same family. If there’s a Manning available, I’d want to sign him, practically sight unseen.

Absolutely. I really like what little footage we’ve seen from Dayton so far. I like the optics, too, in terms of it possibly helping keep Dylan around, and the timing of the announcement showing that the family is still all-in on Rhule and the Husker program.

But ngl, the DNA doesn’t hurt when it comes to great players coming from the same family. If there’s a Manning available, I’d want to sign him, practically sight unseen.
He'll be a freshman in Dylan's junior season. Dylan probably head to NFL after that.

So far this year, he has passed for 564 yards in four games, with a 57.8 completion percentage (37 completions out of 64 attempts). He's thrown four touchdowns and three interceptions. He's carried the ball 11 times for -7 yards.

Dayton Raiola's stats

Reactions: king_kong_

Holla

Good:

• Throw On The Run: The newest Nebraska commit is very talented when throwing on the run. He usually rolls out to the left, being a left-handed QB, and does a good job throwing to the left side of the field and even across the middle on the run. He is especially great when rolling out on a designed boot off of the play-action fake.
  • Arm Angles: He is very similar to his brother in the decision-making. These quick decisions to change his arm angles are impressive as he throws a solid ball from the side arm angle. Not everyone can throw from this arm angle, especially as a secondary angle to throw. He is exceptional at this.
  • Decision Making: Just to add to what was said before, he doesn’t seem to make bad reads often. He is able to read across the field instead of having to rely on one read. He and his brother both have done a good job at this even at the high school level. This plays a factor in the arm angles category. Depending on the throw he has a different angle which means he has to have quick decision-making.
  • Arm Strength: Raiola’s deep ball isn’t perfect but he has great arm strength. The problem isn’t if he can throw the ball far enough because he can. Raiola already can easily hit a 50-plus yard pass with another year of high school still to go.

Things To Work On:

• Speed/Dual Threat Ability: Raiola can move with his legs, but it’s very limited. Even comparing him to his brother, I would have to give his brother the edge. He isn’t an exceptional athlete when it comes to running but isn’t the most statue-like QB in the pocket. He is better at throwing on the run than pulling the ball and running with it. This is something that can improve over time but not something scouts will drool over.
  • Too Much Air Under The Ball: The deep ball is hit or miss with Raiola because at times it almost seems as if the ball is being placed way too high in the air which isn’t always bad but also isn’t always good. This will give the defensive backs who are in the area more of a chance to catch up unless it’s a real deep ball upwards of around 60 yards. This will improve under quarterbacks coach Glenn Thomas at Nebraska.
  • Spiral: The ball isn’t always a spiral with Raiola. He still gets the ball there but it seems to be a bit out of rhythm at times. This isn’t always a big concern but it could be a determining factor in some one-on-one scenarios.
Film Review: Nebraska Football Commit Dayton Raiola

Good:

• Throw On The Run: The newest Nebraska commit is very talented when throwing on the run. He usually rolls out to the left, being a left-handed QB, and does a good job throwing to the left side of the field and even across the middle on the run. He is especially great when rolling out on a designed boot off of the play-action fake.
  • Arm Angles: He is very similar to his brother in the decision-making. These quick decisions to change his arm angles are impressive as he throws a solid ball from the side arm angle. Not everyone can throw from this arm angle, especially as a secondary angle to throw. He is exceptional at this.
  • Decision Making: Just to add to what was said before, he doesn’t seem to make bad reads often. He is able to read across the field instead of having to rely on one read. He and his brother both have done a good job at this even at the high school level. This plays a factor in the arm angles category. Depending on the throw he has a different angle which means he has to have quick decision-making.
  • Arm Strength: Raiola’s deep ball isn’t perfect but he has great arm strength. The problem isn’t if he can throw the ball far enough because he can. Raiola already can easily hit a 50-plus yard pass with another year of high school still to go.

Things To Work On:

• Speed/Dual Threat Ability: Raiola can move with his legs, but it’s very limited. Even comparing him to his brother, I would have to give his brother the edge. He isn’t an exceptional athlete when it comes to running but isn’t the most statue-like QB in the pocket. He is better at throwing on the run than pulling the ball and running with it. This is something that can improve over time but not something scouts will drool over.
  • Too Much Air Under The Ball: The deep ball is hit or miss with Raiola because at times it almost seems as if the ball is being placed way too high in the air which isn’t always bad but also isn’t always good. This will give the defensive backs who are in the area more of a chance to catch up unless it’s a real deep ball upwards of around 60 yards. This will improve under quarterbacks coach Glenn Thomas at Nebraska.
  • Spiral: The ball isn’t always a spiral with Raiola. He still gets the ball there but it seems to be a bit out of rhythm at times. This isn’t always a big concern but it could be a determining factor in some one-on-one scenarios.
Film Review: Nebraska Football Commit Dayton Raiola

This will tell you most of what you want to know. Three offers total. listed at 5'11" and 210lbs. One article I read said the team was 5-0 with him as the QB. Early in the year I was certain I read that they lost the first game of the year, his first start. I could be wrong and I am too lazy to look it up.

This will tell you most of what you want to know. Three offers total. listed at 5'11" and 210lbs. One article I read said the team was 5-0 with him as the QB. Early in the year I was certain I read that they lost the first game of the year, his first start. I could be wrong and I am too lazy to look it up.
They lost their first game. They are now 4-1.

So far this year, he has passed for 564 yards in four games, with a 57.8 completion percentage (37 completions out of 64 attempts). He's thrown four touchdowns and three interceptions. He's carried the ball 11 times for -7 yards.

Dayton Raiola's stats

That doesn't give me the warm puzzles lol. Which makes wonder how many guys on here would "truthfully " be ok with this commit if it wasn't baby Raiola lol.

That said welcome young fella. I hope he develops into everything we hope he can be as fans!

Holla

Reactions: dinglefritz
That doesn't give me the warm puzzles lol. Which makes wonder how many guys on here would "truthfully " be ok with this commit if it wasn't baby Raiola lol.

That said welcome young fella. I hope he develops into everything we hope he can be as fans!

Holla
Charlie Day Ok GIF

• Haha
Reactions: kakdawg
Does it keep Dylan happy? If so, then I’m all for it.

I gave you a hearty eyes because I think this is what MOST people on here who love the pickup think. Even if they don't wanna admit it lol. If Dylan is who we think he is it's worth it. Sounds crazy but I believe it to be true.

Holla

• Haha
Reactions: Frozone
I gave you a hearty eyes because I think this is what MOST people on here who love the pickup think. Even if they don't wanna admit it lol. If Dylan is who we think he is it's worth it. Sounds crazy but I believe it to be true.

Holla
Dylan will have people tampering him with NIL offers this offseason. Having little bro coming, uncle on the staff, and dad’s name on the building are the type of things that will enable him to not listen too hard. That, and winning.

Does it keep Dylan happy? If so, then I’m all for it.
A two year starter at Buford who will have years of private coaching under one of the top QB instructors in the nation. Dayton Raiola will have better credentials out of HS than at least 80% of our QB recruits over the past 40 years. And that is not counting whether or not some internet geek gives him a 4th star. That is irrelevant.

A two year starter at Buford who will have years of private coaching under one of the top QB instructors in the nation. Dayton Raiola will have better credentials out of HS than at least 80% of our QB recruits over the past 40 years. And that is not counting whether or not some internet geek gives him a 4th star. That is irrelevant.

He’ll get his 4th star. He’s having a solid season at Buford and everyone says he’ll grow another 2-3 inches. If he keeps balling and hits that late growth spurt he’ll rocket up the recruiting rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT