ADVERTISEMENT

Dawson Merritt on flip watch?

Huskers are pushing how close it is to home for him to play in Lincoln. Early PT might be the deciding factor. Really impressed with the D. Dylan is recruiting him hard. Along with Blye Hill and Gbayor. Also loves Ron Brown and they talk a lot. Sounds promising.

Last edited:
Huskers are pushing how close it is to home for him to play in Lincoln. Early PT might be the deciding factor. Really impressed with the D. Dylan is recruiting him hard. Along with Blye Hill and Gbayor. Also loves Ron Brown and they talk a lot. Sounds promising.
I think he flips in the end but it won't be before the Alabama-Georgia game. He wants to attend that game first and I don't blame him.

Talking to Ron Brown? He is an awesome recruiter of young men.

We have some studs in that LB room, assuming he stays there and doesn't go right to the edge. You have McCahaee and Shavers along with Rogers, Noonan and more. White will find a place for him.

We have some studs in that LB room, assuming he stays there and doesn't go right to the edge. You have McCahaee and Shavers along with Rogers, Noonan and more. White will find a place for him.

Likely won't be Whites call by next season.

If I am a stud defensive player this would absolutely be a defense I would want to play in. With that said, if I am that same kid I would want to probably talk to Butler as well and make sure he is going to be running the same defense next year and going forward, or Rhule assuming he wants to stick with the 3-3-5.

I really think that White is going to be a HC next year, and possibly/probably at a power 4 school. It sure seemed like the Butler move was a preemptive move to have a really solid internal replacement for White. If I am the Colorado AD, White would be some one who would be at the top of my list to call after Prime leaves at the end of the season. Other power 4 schools that could be in line for a new coach next year would be:
Florida - This is probably already a done deal.
South Carolina - Beamer has done some good things, but there is only probably 2 more winnable games left on their schdule
Arkansas - The loss last weekend to OK State was a crusher. A bowl is probably a must for Pittman.
Minnesota - I don't really think Fleck is in trouble, so there is some talk about his schtick getting old in the twin cities.
Iowa - Don't know how much longer Kirk has left, and boy would that be a dick punch to have White go there.
Pitt - If Narduzzi has another train wreck season they may move on from him.
UNC - Much like Kirk, Mack is getting really long in the tooth.
Wake - Clawson has been there a long time and probably has some good will built up, but like most other places adapt or die.
Colorado - Prime is more than likely gone of his own accord, and CU just got an up close look at what an ass kicking looks like from a good defense.
WVU - Brown just hasn't been able to turn the corner for WVU, although last year was good year, but no real big wins.
BYU - Sitake has been up and down, but seems like they are trending in the wrong direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT