ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Kaelin visiting USC this weekend

USC’s big Jr Day event is this weekend and they are hoasting a couple QB’s including Kaelin. My guess is they get one on the hook and try to get DR to cancel his visit to us or they accept the commit.

At some point DR is gonna have to decide but I'm not sure anyone could strong arm him yet. Too early in the process imo, especially since I assume we're willing to wait a lot longer than anyone else and not take a h.s. qb if we have to.

Nope you are right. Committed to them a couple days ago and now visiting USC.

Why do these kids put 110% committed when they clearly are not? I think they should start putting "As of right now, I sincerely think I am going to sign, but that may change if a better offer comes along, my girlfriend decides to go somewhere else, or any number of other reasons. I'm only 17, afterall."

Rule of thumb...whatever number over and above 100% a recruit states they are committed to somwbody ....is the real percentage they are committed to said school. In this kids case, he is 10% committed to Mizzou.
Wasn't the lineman from Stanford that ended up at OU 1000% committed to us? Makes sense since he went to woke Stanford and math is racist.

Last edited:
I have a feeling he’s playing Nebraska and Nebraska will be in a hole looking for a quarterback this summer
there's an age old phrase involving eggs and a basket that may apply here

can't remember exactly how it goes..

Nope you are right. Committed to them a couple days ago and now visiting USC.

If he is coming home, maybe he thinks he will have more than one home? 🤔🤔🤔.

Maybe it’s just a free trip and misery has been told that but if you’re they committed then pushing the chance misery doesn’t like it and eventually pulls the welcome home mat.

Reactions: headcard
Regarding DR, it's hard to tell if he's a kid that just loves the attention of the recruiting process, or if he's legitimately a kid who's trying to decide between some really compelling options, and it's taking him a while to do it.

I want it to the the second scenario, obviously, but I'm starting to think it's more of the first.

With the transfer portal, does it even matter? There will be plenty of QBs available every year.
I think the jury is still out on whether sloppy 2nds are as good as first choices

For every Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow there are a hundred Chubba Purdys

USC’s big Jr Day event is this weekend and they are hoasting a couple QB’s including Kaelin. My guess is they get one on the hook and try to get DR to cancel his visit to us or they accept the commit.

Interesting that USC has 24, 2024 athletes coming in 6 are from California and 8 are from Florida. None from any other West coast states except Hawaii.

Reactions: headcard
Why do these kids put 110% committed when they clearly are not? I think they should start putting "As of right now, I sincerely think I am going to sign, but that may change if a better offer comes along, my girlfriend decides to go somewhere else, or any number of other reasons. I'm only 17, afterall."
Exactly.

Just like 60% of marriage vows should be changed to "for better or worse...but don't pass me off".

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s not just getting a QB, it’s getting the #1 over all player and what kind of down stream effect that does to recruiting

But the OP said if we don't get Raiola, then we'll be left in a hole looking for a QB. That's not true with the transfer portal. Obviously Raiola is our first choice, but it's not like we wouldn't be able to find a QB in the portal.

Kaelin apparently thinking he might be able to upgrade his school choice. Personally I think his chances are pretty low of doing that but I guess at least he gets to take a Southern Cal visit.

Kaelin apparently thinking he might be able to upgrade his school choice. Personally I think his chances are pretty low of doing that but I guess at least he gets to take a Southern Cal visit.
May be right, and I get the whole "He's young and has a right to change his mind", but that also opens him to righteous criticism, especially within days of being 110% committed.

Rule of thumb...whatever number over and above 100% a recruit states they are committed to somwbody ....is the real percentage they are committed to said school. In this kids case, he is 10% committed to Mizzou.
Even though the kid is Not going to usc and that snake Lincoln riley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT