ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich continues to go to bat for Nebraska....

I will hold out hope until we either get in or not. If not, then I will get behind the team for a run in the NIT. It’s really that simple.

If it’s the NIT I hope they give it their all and win it. I don’t give a **** who you are, if you win a tournament with 32 teams, you did something special. And I really hate the 69th best team BS.

Reactions: scarletred
When did I talk about too much pressure on the team? Must be confusing me with someone else.

Sorry if my optimism turns you off.

And I’ve never, ever, cared if anyone pays homage or anything else to me. You confuse me for someone who cares what you or others think of me.
Must be why you complain about how other fans choose to be. Only YOU gets it, I'm sure.

Reactions: newAD
Unless the community wants to look like there completely against the Huskers, you’d think they give us the nod this year. Most years we don’t do good or well. But this year we had a solid season with a few downs. This year we truly deserve it. Next year I cross my fingers everyone comes back because we could be very good if so.

Nebraska is nowhere on the bracketology updates during these games.

While that's true, the bracketologists current methodology means Nebraska wouldve been left out at 25-8 and 15-3 in the league as well. if they beat Penn State and Illinois, they would've only added 2 more NON quad 1 wins.

I find that really difficult to believe.

At least this year they will just release all the names of the 68 teams at once. Then they will show the brackets. So everyone will know at once who is in the field, just will have to wait to find out where. At least that’s what I heard on some sports talk.

While that's true, the bracketologists current methodology means Nebraska wouldve been left out at 25-8 and 15-3 in the league as well. if they beat Penn State and Illinois, they would've only added 2 more NON quad 1 wins.

The metrics used to determine AL qualifiers are a fail. It’s that simple.

Reactions: scarletred

Oh me too, just an observation. Not saying theyre right, just that its wierd. At the very least they belong in first four out.

Personally I think USC is already in the field, but the Trojans are up on Arizona at the half. If USC wins, that's one more slot that's a done deal no longer subject to discussion.

Reactions: newAD
Personally I think USC is already in the field, but the Trojans are up on Arizona at the half. If USC wins, that's one more slot that's a done deal no longer subject to discussion.

Was thinking the same thing.

About the only good thing that happened today (off the top of my head) was St Bonn lost in the semis of the A10, and URI knocked off St Joes (who have been playing well). Need URI to win tomorrow, but yea, if SC beats Arizona, the odds just keep getting longer.

Was thinking the same thing.

About the only good thing that happened today (off the top of my head) was St Bonn lost in the semis of the A10, and URI knocked off St Joes (who have been playing well). Need URI to win tomorrow, but yea, if SC beats Arizona, the odds just keep getting longer.
Just admit it... you're secretly rooting for all the bid-stealers, Captain Bad Fan!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
And I have said 2 months ago the Kansas games is going to bite us in the buttock on selection Sunday...

Call me out if they get in I’ll be glad to eat CROW,but I told you so.

So what you are saying is a one last second shot is the difference between a #1 seed and a team with no shot. That doesn't pass the common sense test, I think common sense will prevail. And I sure won't be crowing "I told you so".

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Here's a stat, Jayker: Since 1984 when the field was expanded to 64, 304 out of 306 power 5 teams have made it to the tourney after winning 13 conference games. The two that didn't make it? Two PAC 12 teams when the conference was rated 12th in the RPI.. Big 10 is rated 5th this year. Shame on Husker fans for being hopeful and optimistic on a Husker board

The quad system likely changes things. We shall see on Sunday.

I don't even know what a quad is supposed to be.

All of a sudden people talking about quads...

Tell me when somebody said something about a quad and you did not look at them like wtf?

Look it up. Nobody knows.

Last edited:
I don’t really care about the self-loathing negative fans except for the fact that it sends a horrible message to the team that they don’t believe in them.

Chicolby I've followed your posts on this subject for some time. I'm not offended by your hope. However you seem offended by the counter arguments which have a lot of validity. For the record.......calling posters self-loathing negative fans because they don't' believe in the team is a very far reach. Its a discussion on whether they have the resume to get into the dance.......not whether or not you believe in the players.

I hardly think dramatizing it in a fashion to create the good fan/bad fan analogy is affecting the players. If anything........posts like yours do more to create fan base disdain by inferring there are negative fans.

Yep. Looking for my Trojan gear to wear today. Did they win? I went to bed before it was over.
No. Ayton pretty much took over the game in the second half.

Whatever did or did not happen with that $100,000, the FBI probe talk seems to have fired up Ayton. He used to kind of coast through parts of most games, but since that story broke he's been a beast. I despise Arizona, but they are playing the best they have all season.

So what you are saying is a one last second shot is the difference between a #1 seed and a team with no shot. That doesn't pass the common sense test, I think common sense will prevail. And I sure won't be crowing "I told you so".

This has nothing to do with Kansas seed, so know wonder you’re having a hard time making sense of this. Nebraska wins that game and their in the tournament without having to worry about being on the bubble or getting in.

Well way to go, you Negative Nellies. Because of your self-hatred and not wanted to get your hopes dashed, you pushed Davidson over the top!

If only everyone here could be as great a Husker fan as ME!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The Atlantic-10 is going to get 3 bids despite being 11th in Conference RPI and having 9 teams who finished .500 or worse.

Oklahoma and Arizona St don't deserve to get in if they happen to get in.

Two teams Nebraska would beat.

Reactions: SC_'sker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT