ADVERTISEMENT

D is better

First time since 2003 that Nebraska has held back to back opponents to 7 points or less since 2003. But I bet @oldjar07 still says Chin sucks.
Let's just wait and see what happens against Oklahoma before anointing the defense is back.

Let's just wait and see what happens against Oklahoma before anointing the defense is back.
Who in the hell is saying they are “back.” They have played well, and frankly had they not today, Nebraska could have been in real trouble due to the lack of offensive scoring.

I’m sure you will have ample opportunities to take shots at Chin next week, and complain that they aren’t taking the ball away enough, to give the offense more chances.

Who in the hell is saying they are “back.” They have played well, and frankly had they not today, Nebraska could have been in real trouble due to the lack of offensive scoring.

I’m sure you will have ample opportunities to take shots at Chin next week, and complain that they aren’t taking the ball away enough, to give the offense more chances.
Sure they play well against Fordham and Buffalo, a FCS team and a G5 team. Anybody with a pulse, Chinander's defense has proven you can't rely on them. Chinander may finally put together a top 50 defense this year. With as many 6th year players as he has, that should be expected.

Sure they play well against Fordham and Buffalo, a FCS team and a G5 team. Anybody with a pulse, Chinander's defense has proven you can't rely on them. Chinander may finally put together a top 50 defense this year. With as many 6th year players as he has, that should be expected.
I have to agree with you. If he can't do it with this bunch he never will. I think we have excellent depth and good athletes.

Yes they did play well against Fordham and Buffalo. Any objective person can’t say that about the offense.

Better than what or who?

I would give them consistent against two lower level teams.

At some point during the game Benning said that the defense has improved by 10% each year under Chins. I don’t remember the stat exactly, but the defense has improved, not much, but has improved each year under Chins. He’s about the only coach on staff that can say that about. He may not be the best, but the defense has been about the only bright spot the past 2-3 years.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
It is amazing how some posters deny reality. No, the defense is not world class yet but they are far better than the train wreck Chins inherited. Given some more time, they will be the glue that holds this team together. It has been awhile since they melted down and pissed down their leg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT