ADVERTISEMENT

CWS Finals

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
ball don't lie - OU evens it up with a texas leaguer after having a run taken off the board and ole miss blasting one to pluto

great one shaping up in Game 2

Reactions: Redmich
I thought the runner’s lane call was correct. But like I have said before, I’ve always felt the rule should be modified so all runners are not returned to their original base. As it stands now, it’s really in the fielding team’s best interest to drill the runner in the back instead of completing the out.

I hope the fact that 6 of the 8 CWS teams are current or future SEC members doesn’t become routine -

The college football playoff is already owned by the SEC
It’s a no brainer that the SEC has weather on their side which helps them recruit and play games in weather fit to play in..

Reactions: huskerfan66
It’s a no brainer that the SEC has weather on their side which helps them recruit and play games in weather fit to play in..
No doubt - if you are a high end high school recruit you want to be somewhere where you can work on your game year round without having to make concessions due to the weather

Joining the B1G for Nebraska of all the sports it hurt the most was Baseball..

We’ve had a couple of good teams but nothing like we had during our Big 12 days..

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
nice
fun to have a sport that spreads it around
Well, it's mostly a team from the SEC:

2022: SEC (Ole Miss)
2021: SEC (Mississippi State)
2020: --
2019: SEC (Vanderbilt)
2018: Pac-12 (Oregon State)
2017: SEC (Florida)
2016: Sun Belt (Coastal Carolina)
2015: ACC (Virginia)
2014: SEC (Vanderbilt)
2013: Pac-12 (UCLA)
2012: Pac-12 (Arizona)
2011: SEC (South Carolina)
2010: SEC (South Carolina)
2009: SEC (LSU)

Then before that, it's no SEC teams until LSU won 3 of 4 between 1996 and 1999.

8 of the last 13 have been from the SEC.

Way back in the day, the same could be said about the west coast teams.

Reactions: Redmich
Well, it's mostly a team from the SEC:

2022: SEC (Ole Miss)
2021: SEC (Mississippi State)
2020: --
2019: SEC (Vanderbilt)
2018: Pac-12 (Oregon State)
2017: SEC (Florida)
2016: Sun Belt (Coastal Carolina)
2015: ACC (Virginia)
2014: SEC (Vanderbilt)
2013: Pac-12 (UCLA)
2012: Pac-12 (Arizona)
2011: SEC (South Carolina)
2010: SEC (South Carolina)
2009: SEC (LSU)

Then before that, it's no SEC teams until LSU won 3 of 4 between 1996 and 1999.

8 of the last 13 have been from the SEC.

Way back in the day, the same could be said about the west coast teams.
In football and baseball an interesting bet each year would be the SEC vs the field

I thought the runner’s lane call was correct. But like I have said before, I’ve always felt the rule should be modified so all runners are not returned to their original base. As it stands now, it’s really in the fielding team’s best interest to drill the runner in the back instead of completing the out.
I agree on the base runner, the kid was sliding across home plate when the pitcher released the ball, the running lane rule was basically created for the throws directly down the line, if it hit the runners helmet or if the player had to throw the ball high. On this particular play the throw came from the 3rd base line , in my opinion the throw took the 1st baseman’s glove into the runner the contact occurred right at the bag , i understand the rule , but I think it would have had the same results with the runner in the lane. They called it by the letter of the rule and I get it ,

I realize few care about track and field but the outdoor championships were just completed and

Florida won both the men’s and women’s championships

4 of the top 6 men’s teams were current SEC programs with Texas, a future SEC team finishing 2nd

in the women’s 5 of the top 6 were from the SEC with Texas again finishing 2nd

Last edited:
Anyone else wish they would do the CWS like March Madness?

Come out with that 64 team bracket, 4 regions...1 game...(why not, it would be ****ing cool) and the final four (maybe 8) in Omaha with the format they use now. It would be great TV.

• Angry
Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Anyone else wish they would do the CWS like March Madness?

Come out with that 64 team bracket, 4 regions...1 game...(why not, it would be ****ing cool) and the final four (maybe 8) in Omaha with the format they use now. It would be great TV.
so, exactly like now but the first half is just single elim?

here's this year's 64-team bracket:
2022-ncaa-baseball-bracket-may-30.jpg

so, exactly like now but the first half is just single elim?

here's this year's 64-team bracket:
2022-ncaa-baseball-bracket-may-30.jpg
Yes! Pretty much exactly like March Madness is set up.

But, make it ALL the CWS...none of this regionals and super regionals crap. You are in thee CWS...just like if UNO makes the dance...they are IN THE DANCE.

Yes! Pretty much exactly like March Madness is set up.

But, make it ALL the CWS...none of this regionals and super regionals crap. You are in thee CWS...just like if UNO makes the dance...they are IN THE DANCE.
it is just like that already, except double elim

regionals = first 2 rounds
super regionals = sweet 16
CWS = elite 8 & beyond

it is just like that already, except double elim

regionals = first 2 rounds
super regionals = sweet 16
CWS = elite 8 & beyond
Sort of...but they pod them

It should be just like MM. 1-16, not this 1-4 stuff, one game, that is it.

Then market it like MM...one and done with cinderella's...I had no clue that Ole Miss sucked (in conference) until today.

Like, if it was 1-16 with 4 brackets there is no way we end up with 7 SEC teams and Lameford...there would have been 1-2 actual cinderella's

Sort of...but they pod them

It should be just like MM. 1-16, not this 1-4 stuff, one game, that is it.

Then market it like MM...one and done with cinderella's...I had no clue that Ole Miss sucked (in conference) until today.

Like, if it was 1-16 with 4 brackets there is no way we end up with 7 SEC teams and Lameford...there would have been 1-2 actual cinderella's
I hear what you're saying

still, in this current iteration ole miss winning it is prob the equivalent of an at-large 8-10 seed winning the hoops tourney

pretty incredible run

I hear what you're saying

still, in this current iteration ole miss winning it is prob the equivalent of an at-large 8-10 seed winning the hoops tourney

pretty incredible run
Totally agree but no one knows that, you know what I mean?

Make the bracket and let fans fall in love with filling it out. Until today, I had no idea that Ole Miss sort of sucked.

Reactions: king_kong_
Joining the B1G for Nebraska of all the sports it hurt the most was Baseball..

We’ve had a couple of good teams but nothing like we had during our Big 12 days..
I have hope we'll be there and king gain and an Omaha fixture. One CAN DEAM right??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT