ADVERTISEMENT

Cut the ties with Frost now

Trev can still officially wait until 10/1 if he's starting to work the phones this weekend.
Start working the phones this weekend?, if he cans Frost in October someone on the current staff will be the interim coach , you can’t bring anyone from the outside during the season.

He should have been fired last year. Alberts put money ahead of the good of NU football. Tired of hearing all the reasons why we should wait to fire his sorry ass. I have been saying for months that Frost should be fired and that we most likely were not going to be a good team this year despite all of the koolaid hype about the new coaches and the transfers. I am not here to gloat or say I told you so. I have been wrong about enough shit on here over the years to do that. My one and only point is that if an idiot armchair wing nut like me could see that we are too weak on both lines to compete, then Alberts should have seen that too. Fire Frost’s ass and fire it now
I agree, but my agreement is in hindsight. At the time I thought what Trev did was reasonable but I would of been fine with him being fired at the time as well. I want/wanted Frost to do well here and wanted to give him every opportunity and I think we can officially say we've done that (although a lot of guys would argue this a couple years ago...lol). It sucks for Nebraska, it sucks for Nebraska fans but it's past time.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Why wait? Is there some sort of deal to keep him for “x” number of games?

The OL was bad.
Running backs were nonexistent, outside of 1 run.
WRs/TEs dropped a lot of balls.
Thompson lost composure in the second half. Other than his 1 scramble deep ball, he looked awful in the third quarter onward.

Not even sure where to begin with the defense. NW racked up over 500 yards. The DL was garbage. The safeties were garbage. The linebackers were garbage. ****ing embarrassment. Whatever. Another season where I won’t need to bother watching.
I can't believe how you have forgotten the rush of adrenaline we all had when we hired Scott!!

5ade3b669d4aa.image.jpg

The OL was bad.
Thompson lost composure in the second half. Other than his 1 scramble deep ball, he looked awful in the third quarter onward.

Not even sure where to begin with the defense. NW racked up over 500 yards. The DL was garbage. The safeties were garbage. The linebackers were garbage. ****ing embarrassment. Whatever. Another season where I won’t need to bother watching.
I'd say either leave him in Ireland or wait til after OU gm.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He has to officially wait until Oct, to get the payout reduced..

Maybe this costs us more than what the payout is worth.. I think that is a viable argument, but also hard to quantify.

If you want to start making changes right now, then you find a way to sideline him until you can fire him proper.

Suspend him for having tobacco in the stadium, or whatever it takes, to get him away from the program, but not officially fired, until Oct.

Maybe there has to be some sort of investigation, because of an allegation that requires him to be put on administrative leave for the next 6 weeks.

There is always something in the AD's back pocket that he can do to sideline a coach if he wants to.

You can't let this continue. Scott Frost has become a liability. I don't know how you let him back in the walls of Memorial Stadium. I can't watch another game under his leadership. It's over.
What is truly, truly amazing is how many people are coming to this realization in year f***ing FIVE!!! This is the same BS we have watched from Scott Lost since he arrived, but now many are “shocked”???

Just as amazing as the rapid decent to being one of the worst D1 football programs year in and out is the acceptance by the fan base over the past 2+ years.

What is truly, truly amazing is how many people are coming to this realization in year f***ing FIVE!!! This is the same BS we have watched from Scott Lost since he arrived, but now many are “shocked”???

Just as amazing as the rapid decent to being one of the worst D1 football programs year in and out is the acceptance by the fan base over the past 2+ years.
I did not see this coming from Scott. Give him some time. He will get there. A good coach can overcome a 7 game losing streak and 1 winning season in 7 years as a head coach. No big deal. Have some patience.

I did not see this coming from Scott. Give him some time. He will get there. A good coach can overcome a 7 game losing streak and 1 winning season in 7 years as a head coach. No big deal. Have some patience.
@Chuck003 Damn right!

You have been one in the minority here that saw reality early, pointed out truths, and were skewered for it. Hopefully we move on from the sh*tshow ASAP!

Reactions: Chuck003
The more I think about this, the more I think you have to make a change right away.

Letting everyone go through this for another entire season does nobody any good.

If the donor money is there to cover the 7.5 mil, you cut the cord as soon as you get back to Lincoln.

Promote MJ and let the rest of the coaches carry on with things for this season, and see how it goes, but get Scott Frost out of the program.

He is toxic at this point and keeping him around only hurts recruiting and there is zero upside to waiting, sans the buyout money. He isn't going to resign either.

If I'm the AD, I couldn't ask the fanbase to go through another season of the Frost Era.

It may very well cost the programs more than $7.5MM in future earnings by keeping him. We don’t have the luxury of time. Time is wasting on recruiting.

Scott goes 2-2 (and should) and we fire him, it will look in bad taste. Will make it look obvious that it’s only about the money and that will have major criticism. I’d lose faith in Trev as a director if that’s what he does.

But it won’t happen like we need it to. If Trev fires him tomorrow, it makes Trev look bad for bringing him back when he was that close to the hot seat.

I’m afraid Trev made a really bad choice at keeping with Scott. He’s backed us into a corner where he will have to ride with him all year or at least for most of the year
I think I read somewhere that the university makes over 3.5 mill per home game... if the fans do not show up for the next 3 games that will produce a net loss. These next 2 games WILL NOT accomplish a thing for the team. The OU game will produce the same result of the past 5 years. Let Whip or Joseph have the reins and try to salvage what is left of this season. Give them the 2 weeks to put their vision in place. The lack luster performance from yesterday proved it wasn't the previous staffs coaching, it filters down from the top.

The OL was bad.

But the defense just got their black shirts. Might be time to stop that tradition

If he resigns does he still get the buy out? Could Alberts just say publicly he's being let go on Oct 1 to coax him to resign now?

He should have been fired last year. Alberts put money ahead of the good of NU football. Tired of hearing all the reasons why we should wait to fire his sorry ass. I have been saying for months that Frost should be fired and that we most likely were not going to be a good team this year despite all of the koolaid hype about the new coaches and the transfers. I am not here to gloat or say I told you so. I have been wrong about enough shit on here over the years to do that. My one and only point is that if an idiot armchair wing nut like me could see that we are too weak on both lines to compete, then Alberts should have seen that too. Fire Frost’s ass and fire it now
I’ll say it. I was trashed by so many cowards that won’t show their faces to defend it. They were the biggest Frosturbators, and now they disappear.

Maybe Frost knows he has no chance of saving his job so he is trying to get fired before the reduced buyout. How else can you explain that onside kick. The only thing he can do to effect the game is call timeouts and make special teams calls at this point. Both he did poorly yesterday. Just throwing out crazy ideas.
Interesting theory. That would explain it, I know he isn't really that stupid.

As you can see from my handle on here...I AM not and never will be a Scott Frost fan. He has and always will be an over-paid primadonna. Personally, I have taken a lot of flack from other posters here because I am not in awe of "The Frost" .

I thought he should have been shown the door after year 3....it was so obvious (and continues to be obvious) that he is NOT going to "grow" into the job and it looks like he never will be what we expected or needed. The glorious new facilities are a waste with this head coach and will not over-come the deficiencies he has as a head coach.

Another issue....Just to put it into perspective that we can understand....he has made $1.6 Million for each of his 15 wins. How absolutely ridiculous is that? ADD the fact that we even have to buy him out.....makes it even more ridiculous! (we really should get a refund)

Also....you know it is bad when Larry-the-cable guy throws shade at him also:

Larry The Cable Guy

@GitRDoneLarry

I may be mistaken but I think the Huskers doing the onside kick for no apparent reason up 11 after scoring 2 quick TD’s and totally capturing the momentum in this game will be a course study in things not to do while up 11 and gaining momentum in football rooms everywhere.
2:48 PM · Aug 27, 2022·Echofon

The OL was bad.

We racked 459 yards and only lost by 3 points, and probably lost because of the infamous onside kick. I'd say we played pretty well (especially CT- 355 yards passing) considering this was our first game with a new QB and many transfers.
You make it sound like we were terrible and blown out by NW.

Maybe Frost knows he has no chance of saving his job so he is trying to get fired before the reduced buyout. How else can you explain that onside kick. The only thing he can do to effect the game is call timeouts and make special teams calls at this point. Both he did poorly yesterday. Just throwing out crazy ideas.
I can't buy this after seeing how genuinely pleased he was to be in Ireland with his team and how positive he was about the game plan. Frost is too much of a competitor to not put winning as his first priority, even over millions of dollars.

I can't buy this after seeing how genuinely pleased he was to be in Ireland with his team and how positive he was about the game plan. Frost is too much of a competitor to not put winning as his first priority, even over millions of dollars.
He was so positive about the game plan that he immediately threw Whipple under the bus after the game.

I can appreciate Frost coming out to say he’s not going to quit. He can’t “quit” on the team. But if he has any integrity left, I feel he should talk to Trev and agree to return his buyout money if Trev would like to make a change now.

He should not, in good faith, be willing to accept any more money from the University.
Then it’s Trev’s call with no strings attached.

Maybe TA wants to wait longer to get things situated, but I’m failing to see what sticking it out accomplishes…. stability? After the public Whipple shade tossing, this staff will have a toxic stain. Frost hiring Busch, then meddling with his incompetent poison sabotage is another layer that’s hard to overcome.

I don’t really see interim HC Whipple maximizing our potential to be honest, and I prefer Joseph’s mentality and attitude…. but Whipple would be the more logical choice.

I don’t know what to do on the defensive side of the ball other than bring in the best UNL intramural flag football team in as volunteer consultants and maybe make em honorary walk-on players.

Chins had no response for NW’s short/intermediate pass game that neutralized our pass rush, despite frankly being an obvious scheme to plan for. I’ve never seen the soft cushion plan be effective. Even if we somehow couldn’t hang physically, too much of the defensive collapse felt related to scheme/technique to me. It’s Northwestern, not Ohio State/Michigan, etc. We looked clueless against a basic offense.

We racked 459 yards and only lost by 3 points, and probably lost because of the infamous onside kick. I'd say we played pretty well (especially CT- 355 yards passing) considering this was our first game with a new QB and many transfers.
You make it sound like we were terrible and blown out by NW.
“Only lost by 3.”- to a 3-9 team. Is this a burner account for a certain Nebraska starting safety?

You realize that this was a 52 point swing in the negative from last year, right? The defense got gashed from start to finish, giving up 500+. I can count the number of times on one hand that we had someone close enough to make a play in pass coverage. You could drive a truck through some of the holes their offensive line created. Our defense was gassed by midway through the second quarter. They couldn’t tackle. They looked slow and were out of position all afternoon. Nebraska’s offense was one-dimensional. The running game, outside of one long run by Grant, was not a threat. At one point, Grant averaged 2.9 ypc, prior to his long TD run. The passing game looked improved early on, but Thompson’s accuracy dropped off significantly in the third quarter onward. He had multiple overthrows, underthrows and forced passes that were risky. This was Northwestern’s first game too.

Our gameplan didn’t work. Frost couldn’t get out of his own way. Nebraska literally blew two 11-points leads. The game was awful and not representative of how badly the defense got gashed by the scoreboard.

You can’t fix stupid. How much time do you want?

He was so positive about the game plan that he immediately threw Whipple under the bus after the game.
I was obviously taking about before the game.
Actually, his comments about Whipple may strengthen my point. If he was looking to get fired, he would have taken more of the blame on himself. Frost wants to be the guy who resurrects this program, first and foremost. The odds are not good, but that's his ultimate goal.

• Haha
I don't think it's that as much as a wild scramble of throwing guys together from everywhere. Just hard to build continuity. Not an excuse, just reality.

Frost recruits well enough-- there just isn't much development in the program.
Every team is dealing with the same thing, and I guarantee most teams will look more polished than us right out of the gate.

Im hoping he didn’t keep him just to save money. I hope he couldn’t get the right guy and will this time.
If he couldn't get the right guy last time, he's not going to this time. That should tell you all you need to know about his capabilities as AD, in either case.

It may very well cost the programs more than $7.5MM in future earnings by keeping him. We don’t have the luxury of time. Time is wasting on recruiting.

Scott goes 2-2 (and should) and we fire him, it will look in bad taste. Will make it look obvious that it’s only about the money and that will have major criticism. I’d lose faith in Trev as a director if that’s what he does.

But it won’t happen like we need it to. If Trev fires him tomorrow, it makes Trev look bad for bringing him back when he was that close to the hot seat.

I’m afraid Trev made a really bad choice at keeping with Scott. He’s backed us into a corner where he will have to ride with him all year or at least for most of the year
I guarantee it cost us more than $7.5MM keeping him around than by firing him. There's not an organization in the country run with more incompetence than what the Nebraska athletics program has been the last 20 years.

Bleekrode should have called a time out, walked over to Scott Frost and said “Coach, I know you were wearing glasses this week and now you don’t have them on. The scoreboard shows we are UP by 11 not DOWN by 11. If you want to try an onside kick, you need to find someone else to do it.“

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT