ADVERTISEMENT

Cut the ties with Frost now

HuskAir

Nebraska Legend
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Why wait? Is there some sort of deal to keep him for “x” number of games?

The OL was bad.
Running backs were nonexistent, outside of 1 run.
WRs/TEs dropped a lot of balls.
Thompson lost composure in the second half. Other than his 1 scramble deep ball, he looked awful in the third quarter onward.

Not even sure where to begin with the defense. NW racked up over 500 yards. The DL was garbage. The safeties were garbage. The linebackers were garbage. ****ing embarrassment. Whatever. Another season where I won’t need to bother watching.

Why wait? Is there some sort of deal to keep him for “x” number of games?

The OL was bad.
Running backs were nonexistent, outside of 1 run.
WRs/TEs dropped a lot of balls.
Thompson lost composure in the second half. Other than his 1 scramble deep ball, he looked awful in the third quarter onward.

Not even sure where to begin with the defense. NW racked up over 500 yards. The DL was garbage. The safeties were garbage. The linebackers were garbage. ****ing embarrassment. Whatever. Another season where I won’t need to bother watching.
The result of poor recruiting in my opinion.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
He should have been fired last year. Alberts put money ahead of the good of NU football. Tired of hearing all the reasons why we should wait to fire his sorry ass. I have been saying for months that Frost should be fired and that we most likely were not going to be a good team this year despite all of the koolaid hype about the new coaches and the transfers. I am not here to gloat or say I told you so. I have been wrong about enough shit on here over the years to do that. My one and only point is that if an idiot armchair wing nut like me could see that we are too weak on both lines to compete, then Alberts should have seen that too. Fire Frost’s ass and fire it now

He should have been fired last year. Alberts put money ahead of the good of NU football. Tired of hearing all the reasons why we should wait to fire his sorry ass. I have been saying for months that Frost should be fired and that we most likely were not going to be a good team this year despite all of the koolaid hype about the new coaches and the transfers. I am not here to gloat or say I told you so. I have been wrong about enough shit on here over the years to do that. My one and only point is that if an idiot armchair wing nut like me could see that we are too weak on both lines to compete, then Alberts should have seen that too. Fire Frost’s ass and fire it now
I don't think we can afford not to. It's worth the 7.5 million to just get it over with 5 weeks early. Frost is supposed to be CEO but still screws it up

Im hoping he didn’t keep him just to save money. I hope he couldn’t get the right guy and will this time.

I dont fault anyone for wanting him gone now. I too think he should have been gone last year.

However, trev isnt doing it now. If he did he would look really bad, would basically be saying “northwestern was one game to decide your future” and if that was the standard he should have been long gone last year and we just wasted an entire offseason. Trev cant admit that. Plus, the money. At this point it’s worth waiting for the 7.5 mil.

I dont fault anyone for wanting him gone now. I too think he should have been gone last year.

However, trev isnt doing it now. If he did he would look really bad, would basically be saying “northwestern was one game to decide your future” and if that was the standard he should have been long gone last year and we just wasted an entire offseason. Trev cant admit that. Plus, the money. At this point it’s worth waiting for the 7.5 mil.
Key work is LOOK. Who the F cares about optics. This isn't politics. It's business. Fire him and bring in someone better.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Key work is LOOK. Who the F cares about optics. This isn't politics. It's business. Fire him and bring in someone better.
You are right, it is business. And trev will make the business decision of not firing him now.

Let me be clear, I think frost should be done, and did last year, I’m just being realistic that trev isnt doing this now and I understand why.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Is going 3-9 in the Big Ten every year worth it?
I don't see this team going 3-9. Forst lost to what will likely be the second worst team in the conference this year. That was not a good team Nebraska played againt today besides their stud LT.

It may very well cost the programs more than $7.5MM in future earnings by keeping him. We don’t have the luxury of time. Time is wasting on recruiting.

Scott goes 2-2 (and should) and we fire him, it will look in bad taste. Will make it look obvious that it’s only about the money and that will have major criticism. I’d lose faith in Trev as a director if that’s what he does.

But it won’t happen like we need it to. If Trev fires him tomorrow, it makes Trev look bad for bringing him back when he was that close to the hot seat.

I’m afraid Trev made a really bad choice at keeping with Scott. He’s backed us into a corner where he will have to ride with him all year or at least for most of the year

Seriously Clark, You can’t bring in someone in week2, so what’s the difference if you wait until October 16 or whatever then you will know for sure at that point if We have any legitimate shot at post season.

It may very well cost the programs more than $7.5MM in future earnings by keeping him. We don’t have the luxury of time. Time is wasting on recruiting.

Scott goes 2-2 (and should) and we fire him, it will look in bad taste. Will make it look obvious that it’s only about the money and that will have major criticism. I’d lose faith in Trev as a director if that’s what he does.

But it won’t happen like we need it to. If Trev fires him tomorrow, it makes Trev look bad for bringing him back when he was that close to the hot seat.

I’m afraid Trev made a really bad choice at keeping with Scott. He’s backed us into a corner where he will have to ride with him all year or at least for most of the year
I called it a really bad choice at the time. I am not alone. But when the decision has been finalized, you just have to wait to see how it plays out. And here we are.

Extend him for 10 years. But he and the assistants paid only for wins. See how long it takes to kick his team and coaches in the behind to start finishing games. Same with players, no NIL unless they win games. Everyone is paid no matter win or fail and that stinks.

Reactions: mavsker
Extend him for 10 years. But he and the assistants paid only for wins. See how long it takes to kick his team and coaches in the behind to start finishing games. Same with players, no NIL unless they win games. Everyone is paid no matter win or fail and that stinks.
very interesting idea

I've been done with Frosty. He is a tool and a failure. I didn't watch today. I took a road trip to pick up a new puppy. And obviously I made the right choice.

I have been less enthused about NU football this year than ever before including Reilly years. I didn't buy into new coaches, new QB. Frost is an epic failure. I won't get pumped again until he is gone. And I hate thinking this way. Hey Frosty you live this state so much? Go the f#$@ away.

The guy has a family to feed. This hypothetical would starve his family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT