ADVERTISEMENT

Curious what everyone thinks about our receiver play so far this season?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Didn't get to watch as much of the laat game as I would have liked, but i'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on how our receivers are doing so far this year?

Upgrade from last year, but teams are also playing the pass more than last year. I’m disappointed we don’t have more of a deep threat but that may be by design from both us and opponents. We struggle to get open vs man, luckily Dylan has been able to drop some dimes vs tight coverage. The biggest disappointment has been blocking from the wr’s. Our running game and short passing game has been handicapped by our wr’s (lack of) blocking

I think we could benefit from a top flight receiver coach who has played the position at a high-level.

I expected more out of this position group this year, especially after hearing about all of the elite speed we had recruited. I like what I see out of Neyor and that’s about it.

Reactions: Zeke2005 and V-Doub
I think we could benefit from a top flight receiver coach who has played the position at a high-level.

I expected more out of this position group this year, especially after hearing about all of the elite speed we had recruited. I like what I see out of Neyor and that’s about it.

I think we have more talent in the room than maybe ever. But not quite getting the maximum production out of such talent…

A lot more talent than I'm used to seeing at that position. I like them all.

I only watch on TV so I rarely get to see the routes they're running in total. I don't know if DR is sometimes a little late with the ball or if the receiver never did get any separation. Hopefully we continue to recruit well & coach them up to have some freak difference makers for DR going forward.

I don’t think there have been many drops so that is a good thing. Seems like against better competition they aren’t getting open. Against softer DBs the speedy guys can outrun them and be open. They aren’t playing bad but I believe they can be better.

I hear ya. Gotta remember a lot of that speed is redshirting. Also got remember just being fast is only one part of being a good WR. We have some speedsters like Lloyd, Neyor, and Barney playing a ton. But we have guys like Coleman, Hall, and Morris all with the RS. That's a ton of speed on the bench. I think all those guys go 10.6 or better in the case of Coleman. Add in the guy who got hurt in the spring game and we have probably more speed not playing than playing.

Again this doesn't make them good/great WRs but the speed is definitely there. Although no doubt in my mind the kid who got hurt (name slips me) was gonna be a dog.

Holla

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT