ADVERTISEMENT

Cueto, $130 mil. for 6, can opt out after 2? Damn.

They won't have enough money to sign Gordon. Looks like it is between Royals and Cardinals.

They won't have enough money to sign Gordon. Looks like it is between Royals and Cardinals.

I read somewhere that Gordon was out for the Cards. I'm sure it was posturing and he will sign with them tomorrow. Laughing

I will be so bummed if Gordo goes to the freakin' birds. On the Cueto note, I'm actually surprised he didn't return to Cincinatti. My guess is he retires after the Giants.

The opt out clause appears to be the big player in free agency this year. Heyward got an opt out option after 3 years.

Depends if it is player opt out or club, see Grienke, worked for him. Baseball is very healthy and kids should be playing baseball.

Reactions: spinner4
Not worth this risk. Royals got what they needed from him last year, but a long term $$$$$$$ deal with him is risky. He's almost 30 and has some longevity issues. Baseball is a young man's game these days.

Not worth this risk. Royals got what they needed from him last year, but a long term $$$$$$$ deal with him is risky. He's almost 30 and has some longevity issues. Baseball is a young man's game these days.
I think he is worth it in the current market. i was hoping the Redbirds would sign him, but they are just sitting on their hands right now.

This is pretty crazy since the best pitcher (and by a lot) in SF is making a lot less than Cueto.

Madison did a 5 year $35 Million deal after a great season in 2011.

This is pretty crazy since the best pitcher (and by a lot) in SF is making a lot less than Cueto.

Madison did a 5 year $35 Million deal after a great season in 2011.

I haven't heard a peep about that till you just said it, but I wonder if that could be a problem? Madison might not come out and say it, but he's gotta be thinking "Damn, I'm better than that guy".

bum did it prior to FA, piece of mind when you are at min wage. Trout did similar but bigger. Bum will get huge contract this yr. 30m range per

...because his ERA will be sitting around 4.60 by then.
Cueto had around a 3.35 era in roughly 1000 innings for the Reds the last five years. He will do ok back in the nl his deal is wayyyyyyy better than the other sp the Giants signed. Statistically last year smardjia was the worst starter in mlb and his reward is $90 million

You are usually accurate, except your Cubs thoughts. We will see

comical, given that what I said in post after post the last three years regarding the cubs has come to fruition, but tell yourself whatever you need to.

comical, given that what I said in post after post the last three years regarding the cubs has come to fruition, but tell yourself whatever you need to.
Like Smardzia winning multiple Cy Youngs, or are you just sticking to your made-up claims on a false timeline?

The only thing funnier than the pre-crowning of the Cubs as World Champions is going to be cub fan's reactions when it comes crumbling down.

Bartman I invoke thee.....

bartman.gif

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT