ADVERTISEMENT

Council bluffs bar offering a Frosty cold one when we finally win

What a waste of good beer. Don’t they know it only stays good for a couple of years? Might as well throw the whole fridge away now, why wait until it goes flat?

Reactions: sltldowney
Ya know, Council Bluffs really missed out on a great opportunity. They have some of the prettiest hills in the Midwest, and had an opportunity to create a beautiful backdrop to a city...and they pissed down their leg and came up with...a larger version of Sioux City. What an affront to nature's beauty.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Drops mic
DonZ5lyUUAAMOzl.jpg

Most of it isn't hate, it's just funny. You guys came into the B1G puffing out your chest and acting like you'd take over. All the arrogance and down talking you did to Iowa for being your black friday game. And mostly all of the people predicting at least 8, but probably 10 wins this year because of Frost. We don't hate you, we just like to watch your dumpster fire burn bright
And yet, since joining the B1G we have as many Championship appearances as you despite being a dumpster fire.

Iowa is the like the Applebee’s of the B1G; never gonna be amazing, never known to be amazing, decent at a few of the simpler endeavors, probably not somewhere you’d spend money to be unless given limited options. Every now and again you’ll have a few Bud Lights and some wings that exceed expectations, but you know damn well you’re not gonna have a steak dinner from there.

Nebraska is a fine dining restaurant hit hard by the recession after the owner retired. After declaring bankruptcy, the owners son who had ran a successful chain of restaurants on both the east and west coast decided to tear down the building altogether and start from scratch.

Glass house, buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
UCF lost 17 ballgames in a row when O'Leary started (Frost's predecessor). It spanned parts of 3 seasons.

Hope you all don't go through that kind of drought, it was painful.

Looking at your schedule, BCC and maybe Illinois are the two "winnable" ball games on the schedule.

Chinander had shown to be a liability when at UCF in many eyes, but can get the kids fired up and well prepared on a good day. I actually liked him, but a lot of my fellow UCF'ers did not, and I understand why. There is scuttlebutt on his work ethic (or lack thereof) that I'm not at liberty to discuss. We'll leave it at that. Judge for yourself.

Well we did have little bit puffy chests when we came over, but no one was predicting 8 to 10 wins this yr thats just false. Most NU fans were thinking 5-7 wins this yr with a fan here and there predicting possibly 8. But very few people were talking like that.

This coach will be here a while and at least we dont keep giving raises and extensions and cult like status to an HC who only has a good season like once every 4 or 5 yrs.

Having the same coach/staff leads to program stability and success. I'd rather have that than the revolving door of coaching staffs that Nebraska has had for... how long now? And Iowa has finished better than Nebraska most of those years.

You hope Frost will be there a while. You say that now, but you have no way of knowing that he will be the answer you are looking for. I can just as easily see him being replaced after 3-5 years if he continues to have poor or mediocre years, even with a "good" season mixed in there. The Nebraska fan base has a history of being impatient with coaches. Even coaches who win 9 games a season isn't enough sometimes.

Personally, I don't think Frost's coaching scheme is as good of a fit for this conference as it was at UCF and that will make it tougher for him to win here . The defense definitely must be tougher also.

Maybe I am wrong, but perhaps not. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think Frost's coaching scheme is as good of a fit for this conference as it was at UCF and that will make it tougher for him to win here . The defense definitely must be tougher also.
This argument is already tired, valid maybe 10-15 years ago. Look at over half of the offensive schemes in the B1G. Plus, Frost has said he's not going to run the UCF offense exactly.

Reactions: DaddyBoi
This argument is already tired, valid maybe 10-15 years ago. Look at over half of the offensive schemes in the B1G. Plus, Frost has said he's not going to run the UCF offense exactly.

Completely ignores the fact that Ohio State has been running the spread since Meyer got there, too

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
Hawk’s fridge might be open before Nebraska’s

I'm pretty certain Iowa National Championship beer is beer that will never be consumed.

BTW, that '58 National Championship is not AP or Coaches, so it's in the same category as half of Alabama's national titles. Iowa went 8-1-1 and LSU went 11-0. Sorry, no national title. So if any Iowa fan has designs on claiming it, just stop now and don't embarrass yourselves.

Maybe I am wrong, but perhaps not. Time will tell.

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. Coaches are better in P5 conferences. UCF isn't going up against great coaches nearly every week. Frost is now. He'll have to tweak both his offense and defense in the long run, IMO.

But I do agree that it is going to be tough getting every player to buy in in his first year. They've gone through multiple position coaches, and knowing one of the starters on the team this year, he said there was horrendous toxicity last year in our personnel. And some of the toxicity still exists on the team. The process of removing cancer from the program isn't over.

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. Coaches are better in P5 conferences. UCF isn't going up against great coaches nearly every week. Frost is now. He'll have to tweak both his offense and defense in the long run, IMO.

But I do agree that it is going to be tough getting every player to buy in in his first year. They've gone through multiple position coaches, and knowing one of the starters on the team this year, he said there was horrendous toxicity last year in our personnel. And some of the toxicity still exists on the team. The process of removing cancer from the program isn't over.

I agree with you also. There obviously seem to be some players who are not on board with the new staff. It will definitely help when Frost has all of his own recruits in there, but there is a lot more work to do besides that and it will take time.
I think the most important thing that needs to be corrected to start turning things around is the defense. If you can keep teams from scoring 40 points a game that definitely improves the chance of winning and puts less pressure on the offense.
I think its safe to say that defense is not a priority in some conferences. Resulting in high scoring, back and forth lead changing, last team to score wins games. That won't work here. The better/top teams in this conference always tend to have the better defenses.

Reactions: Huskred01
Let them have their kicks. That fridge is the closest thing to a trophy case, that they have ever seen.

Unfortunately for them, that case will go bad, it will be emptied. They'll be left empty dreams and silly stories.
Left with just dreams and stories?
Hmmmmm...... wonder what team of today that reminds me of? As I told a friend of mine (a huskers fan) years ago --- "welcome to your nightmare, welcome to the big ten. You will now have to prepare and train for more than one or two games a year. I don't think it will be too long before the grind and the level of competition will ground you guys down to being basically just the 'Kansas' of the big ten." And now you are looking up at Kansas. Nebraska ranked 101 and Kansas ranked 97. That is just waaaaaaay too funny.
Honestly, even I am surprised at how quickly it happened.
Frost isn't going to save anything. The only way to improve your record on a consistent basis is to change conference. Might I suggest Conference USA. We play big boy football here in the big ten. Obviously something you haven't been ready for in several years.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Iowa National Championship beer is beer that will never be consumed.

BTW, that '58 National Championship is not AP or Coaches, so it's in the same category as half of Alabama's national titles. Iowa went 8-1-1 and LSU went 11-0. Sorry, no national title. So if any Iowa fan has designs on claiming it, just stop now and don't embarrass yourselves.
And LSU only played against all white teams so, yeah. Give it to LSU if you want I guess. I will keep considering Iowa the champs.

Hmmmmm...... wonder what team of today that reminds me of? As I told a friend of mine (a huskers fan) years ago --- "welcome to your nightmare, welcome to the big ten. You will now have to prepare and train for more than one or two games a year. I don't think it will be too long before the grind and the level of competition will ground you guys down to being basically just the 'Kansas' of the big ten." And now you are looking up at Kansas. Nebraska ranked 101 and Kansas ranked 97. That is just waaaaaaay too funny.
Frost isn't going to save anything. The only way to improve your record on a consistent basis is to change conference. Might I suggest Conference USA. We play big boy football here in the big ten. Obviously something you haven't been ready for in several years.
Nebraska and OU would of dominated the Big Ten back in the day. Big boy football, what the hell are you talking about! Shit, KSU, OSU and Colorado could of won the Big Ten several times in the 90s

Big Boy Football. Like Nebraska beating Big Ten Champ NW 66-17 or Hayden Fry dropping Nebraska off their schedule?

Most of it isn't hate, it's just funny. You guys came into the B1G puffing out your chest and acting like you'd take over. All the arrogance and down talking you did to Iowa for being your black friday game. And mostly all of the people predicting at least 8, but probably 10 wins this year because of Frost. We don't hate you, we just like to watch your dumpster fire burn bright

Well we did have little bit puffy chests when we came over, but no one was predicting 8 to 10 wins this yr thats just false. Most NU fans were thinking 5-7 wins this yr with a fan here and there predicting possibly 8. But very few people were talking like that.

This coach will be here a while and at least we dont keep giving raises and extensions and cult like status to an HC who only has a good season like once every 4 or 5 yrs.

The coach you are making fun of has 5 top 10’s, 2 B1G titles and 3 bcs/big 6 bowl games since neb last did any of those things once.
And KF is now the 18th highest paid coach in the country- Overplayed talking points.

The coach you are making fun of has 5 top 10’s, 2 B1G titles and 3 bcs/big 6 bowl games since neb last did any of those things once.
And KF is now the 18th highest paid coach in the country- Overplayed talking points.
You guys count co-champs, that's cute.

I visited their rivals board a day or two ago and it was 11 threads on the first page with a title referencing Nebraska.

Living in Oklahoma, it reminds me of Oklahoma State fans towards OU. More caught up in hating their big brother than their own teams success.
Haha... if Nebraska fans weren’t so adamant about going 9-3 or 10-2 this year prior to season, maybe you wouldn’t be the laughing stock of college football. We are laughing at you, not with you. I was with Sean and former OC Tim Beck at a bar in Omaha one night. Listening to Tim Beck explain the delusion many Husker fans have was great. Frost will get your program turned around, but it’s not as simple as popping a pill or doing a magic trick, it takes time.

Reactions: Bloodrazor
You guys count co-champs, that's cute.
You cool with co-championships? Asking for my Michigan/psu friend.
You can take the “co-championships” away and the top 10’s and bowl game comment still stands.

Says the team that will count a win vs. Bethune Cookman if you can even pull that off, just so you don't go 0 for the season.
You would have counted North Dakota State if you could have pulled that one out eh?

Nebraska and OU would of dominated the Big Ten back in the day. Big boy football, what the hell are you talking about! Shit, KSU, OSU and Colorado could of won the Big Ten several times in the 90s
while you are talking about what you think could have or would have happened, i am talking about what DID happen. i told my friend when NU joined the big 10 they wouldn't be able to compete in the big boy conference and the fact that they would have to prepare for more than one or two games a year would wear them down and eventually they would just settle in at the Kansas level.
that prediction HAS happened. i was right. you can talk all you want about what you think may have happened between old big eight teams and the big ten.....but i am talking about what actually did happen.
but you shouldn't feel bad about the precipitous fall of your huskers....the same thing would have happened to colorado or oklahoma had they joined the big ten. the big ten has defenses. every week. you have to bring an entire team to the game to win. can't do it with one or two "superstars" that go into a dance routine every time they stop someone after a 6 yard run when they are down on the scoreboard 24-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT