ADVERTISEMENT

Cookie Belcher

He was a pretty good, solid player. Good and consistent. He and Tyrone Lue made for undoubtedly our best guard combo ever.
The Lue/Belcher combo was one of the best for sure, but not sure about the undoubtedly ever part. The combos of Jamar Johnson/Pike and Boone/Strickland in '93/94 and '94/95 are up there too. Considering Boone and Strickland were on the roster in 93/94 the guard talent that year was excellent. NU's guard talent was good enough back then that Strickland didn't start until he was a junior.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Who knew that his real first name was Segado? My favorite Husker basketball player of all time just because of his name. He’s been working in the NBA as an assistant for the Clippers.
Friends and I used to lmao at that name when we were 7 year olds.

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

The Lue/Belcher combo was one of the best for sure, but not sure about the undoubtedly ever part. The combos of Jamar Johnson/Pike and Boone/Strickland in '93/94 and '94/95 are up there too. Considering Boone and Strickland were on the roster in 93/94 the guard talent that year was excellent. NU's guard talent was good enough back then that Strickland didn't start until he was a junior.
I feel bad for kids today that missed out when NU was decent at Basketball and legit good at baseball. While being awesome in Football. Those teams didn't do anything in the NCAA tourney but they were good teams in a tough conference. Never realized how special it was for NU to make the CWS either. Shows what a good coach can do.

Strickland was such a great athlete. Great defender. Crazy how many athletes Omaha produced in the 90's.

I'll believe it when I see it. Omaha metro produced a Heisman winner and the Packers all-time leading rusher. Within a what, 3 year span?
Quality vs quantity. And while there are more prospects coming out now, none are going to a developmental powerhouse like NU football was in the 90’s.

I feel bad for kids today that missed out when NU was decent at Basketball and legit good at baseball. While being awesome in Football. Those teams didn't do anything in the NCAA tourney but they were good teams in a tough conference. Never realized how special it was for NU to make the CWS either. Shows what a good coach can do.

Strickland was such a great athlete. Great defender. Crazy how many athletes Omaha produced in the 90's.
Belcher was from Mexico Missouri maybe via a JUCO. Née got dudes.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
BEST GUARD COMBO WAS STU lANTZ AND WHOEVER HAPPENED TO BE IN THE LINEUP AT SAME TIME:)

Cookie played as a true freshman at Nebraska he was from Mexico Mo though.
His Wikipedia says he’s a coach at IMG but there’s a couple of news stories I found that had him at the Clippers a couple of years ago. I don’t think his Wiki has been updated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT