ADVERTISEMENT

Concerning Trend

Kyle Pitts and Florida disagree. But it was a good decision to attempt to change the narrative off your Max Duggan narrative.

do you think Florida's record suffers more from the absence of Kyle Trask or Kyle Pitts?

Of course they would suffer more losing a Heisman finalist QB. But that’s not what you are comparing. And that is not what Max Duggan is, he’s AM Light. I think most people would take Pitts over AM, don’t you?

you think Neb would trade AM for Pitts?

We have to get our best in state talent.
We don’t. There is very little power 5 talent in Nebraska. It would be nice to lock up the in state talent, but it is hardly necessary. That and I agree, recruiting wasn’t our biggest issue (it is quickly becoming one however), development has been beyond poor.

Reactions: headcard
who is going to throw the ball to pitts next year. ..not many teams would trade their starting QB - no matter how pedestrian for a high end TE
whoever it is will be infinitely more capable than AM

our starter is every other team's 3rd teamer

A great TE means nothing without an adequate QB period. A QB can be great without any TE. No comparison at all!

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
A great TE means nothing without an adequate QB period. A QB can be great without any TE. No comparison at all!

Sure, if they are remotely equal. But our resident troll is comparing a QB like we get every year, to one of the highest ranked TE’s ever. For some unknown reason.

And it’s not an either or situation. It’s not like you don’t still take a QB just because you landed the best TE in the country. We literally have two QB’s rated higher as recruits and one that has played better than the guy he’s pimping. So we would still take a QB and he would be just as good as Duggan.

Everyone knows what position is more valuable, that’s why there are QB’s rated higher than Fidone, but not every average QB is more valuable and Duggan was not the highest rated recruit in the “state” in 2019. That’s a fact, no matter what position he plays.

This clown is trying to rewrite history again. The OP gave bad info on recruiting rankings and the boards male nurse is doing what he does, because he’s a troll with serious mental issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Sure, if they are remotely equal. But our resident troll is comparing a QB like we get every year, to one of the highest ranked TE’s ever. For some unknown reason.

And it’s not either or. It’s not like you don’t still take a QB just because you landed the best TE in the country. We literally have two QB’s rated higher as recruits and one that has played better than the guy he’s pimping. So we would still take a QB and he would be just as good as Duggan.

It’s not a matter of which position is more valuable, everyone knows that. That’s why there are QB’s rated higher than Fidone, but not every average QB is more vamuebale.
It’s a matter of this clown trying to rewrite history again. The OP gave bad info on recruiting rankings and the boards male nurse is doing what he does, because he’s a troll with serious mental issues.
Tom Brady looks a helluva lot better this year with the WRs and Gronk to throw to than he did last year at New England. Just sayin. IMO, we've upgraded our WR and TE talent with this last class. Some of those guys are here for spring. Frost seems very confident that we've improved our talent at receiver. That should help our QB.

Tom Brady looks a helluva lot better this year with the WRs and Gronk to throw to than he did last year at New England. Just sayin. IMO, we've upgraded our WR and TE talent with this last class. Some of those guys are here for spring. Frost seems very confident that we've improved our talent at receiver. That should help our QB.

No, even backup QB’s are more valuable than Gronk. Every QB is more valuable, regardless of skill or talent level.

With trying to keep top Local HS talent home:

-2021 Avante Dickerson #1 Local recruit
-2021 Keegan Johnson #3 Local recruit
-2020 Xavier Watts #2 Local recruit
-2019 Max Duggan #1 Local recruit

This next season will be do or die, the wheels will completely fall off if we have another losing season.

I’m fairly confident Teddy Prochazka is the Number 1 player in Nebraska. Rivals has him ranked number 1 in the state.

I have no clue what was up with Duggan being from Western Iowa, Huskers offered early but I believe we went another way for QB.

X Watts went to his dream school Notre Dame (nothing we could do there).

K Johnson, that was the lone recruit we truly missed out on. We could NOT talk him into staying home.

A Dickerson, in all honesty, it wouldn’t have mattered if we gone 9-0 and BIG 10 champs. He was never going to be a Husker.

Ultimately, I 110% agree though, we need to start winning and immediately.

Why? If the QB can't read a defense, can't throw receivers open, has a slow release, how do you expect things to suddenly get better just with WR talent? He performed better with a decent Oline, above average running game and a deep threat WR he could trust.

I’m fairly confident Teddy Prochazka is the Number 1 player in Nebraska. Rivals has him ranked number 1 in the state.

I have no clue what was up with Duggan being from Western Iowa, Huskers offered early but I believe we went another way for QB.

X Watts went to his dream school Notre Dame (nothing we could do there).

K Johnson, that was the lone recruit we truly missed out on. We could NOT talk him into staying home.

A Dickerson, in all honesty, it wouldn’t have mattered if we gone 9-0 and BIG 10 champs. He was never going to be a Husker.

Ultimately, I 110% agree though, we need to start winning and immediately.
That what they said on big red wrap up teddy was the states number one prospect

Reactions: headcard
Neb wins more games with Max Duggan on the roster than due to Fidone being on the roster. - and Neb would make that trade in a millisecond
Frost chose AM over Dugan. He recruited Dugan to CF. He then cooled on him after moving to Nebraska so Dugan went to TCU. It isn't a matter of Frost losing Dugan, it is a matter of Frost evaluating talent and saying he had someone better than Dugan. Now you can argue Frost's evaluation skills, but you can't say Frost lost Dugan.

It's depressing to read posts like this that focus on kids who clearly have no interest in playing for Nebraska, when we have AWESOME local recruits like Teddy, Bretz and Fidone who are jacked to play for the Huskers. I know it doesn't play well to OP and his ilk, but I wouldn't trade Bretz straight up for Dickerson if we had that option. We're gonna win with these kids.

With trying to keep top Local HS talent home:

-2021 Avante Dickerson #1 Local recruit
-2021 Keegan Johnson #3 Local recruit
-2020 Xavier Watts #2 Local recruit
-2019 Max Duggan #1 Local recruit

This next season will be do or die, the wheels will completely fall off if we have another losing season.
Don't mind me - I'm just going to go back into my hiding place, and pretend the outside world doesn't exist. Which sounds weird. But, not really now.

Frost chose AM over Dugan. He recruited Dugan to CF. He then cooled on him after moving to Nebraska so Dugan went to TCU. It isn't a matter of Frost losing Dugan, it is a matter of Frost evaluating talent and saying he had someone better than Dugan. Now you can argue Frost's evaluation skills, but you can't say Frost lost Dugan.

I think Duggan was in the class after AM. Duggan was getting crystal balls to Nebraska when Riley was here, but then things fell off under Frost. I don’t think he was fond of the idea of a true freshman in the class ahead of him starting.

Just imagine if they could track all the illegitimate kids that former Huskers have had since 97!

So what’s the scoop?
Something about Johnson not being a Frost fan going back to the Lawrence P era...
Huskers snubbed CJ and Cade out of HS then then Keagan goes Iowa. Cade apparently got grad transfer offer from every other B1G school except Nebraska... and I heard we haven’t had a lot of good WR’s lately.

I’ve got no reason to say there’s fire behind the smoke- just what I heard.

Something about Johnson not being a Frost fan going back to the Lawrence P era...
Huskers snubbed CJ and Cade out of HS then then Keagan goes Iowa. Cade apparently got grad transfer offer from every other B1G school except Nebraska... and I heard we haven’t had a lot of good WR’s lately.

I’ve got no reason to say there’s fire behind the smoke- just what I heard.

That family has a huge chip on their shoulder towards Nebraska and has for a long time. And honestly is beyond ridiculous.

CJ wasn’t snubbed by Nebraska. He wasn’t offered by any P5 school and he didn’t do much at Wyoming. Even Iowa and KSU that were taking any skill person with a pulse passed on him.

Cade walked on SDSU. His rise is an amazing story, but literally no one saw him doing this.

Clester and his boys talk shit and take cheap shots at Nebraska every chance they get. If you don’t know what I’m talking about check out daddy’s Twitter, he fires one off about every day. I saw where Cade said everyone in the B1G but Nebraska offered him. What a freaking joke. Just yet another low blow from that family. First off, Nebraska didn’t have a scholarship for 2020 and second off we had Wandale at the slot WR, who was already threatening to leave and everyone here thinks we didn’t baby enough anyway. There is no way in hell Cade had offers from every B1G school. Many wouldn’t have had spots and many would have been far too loaded at WR to give one of their last spots to another WR. You think OSU with Olave or Purdue with Rondale were really after Cade Johnson?

It's depressing to read posts like this that focus on kids who clearly have no interest in playing for Nebraska, when we have AWESOME local recruits like Teddy, Bretz and Fidone who are jacked to play for the Huskers. I know it doesn't play well to OP and his ilk, but I wouldn't trade Bretz straight up for Dickerson if we had that option. We're gonna win with these kids.

True but it also depends what generation you come from. If you’re an older person it’s tough to accept the fact that we are getting 76% of the LOCAL kids that Frost has offered whereas in the past, Pre-Bo era, it was closer to the upper 90%. I get it that times have changed and we aren’t winning, but it still isn’t a nice pill to swallow.

Why? If the QB can't read a defense, can't throw receivers open, has a slow release, how do you expect things to suddenly get better just with WR talent? He performed better with a decent Oline, above average running game and a deep threat WR he could trust.
Adrian did a much better job of finding and hitting open receivers in that second half of the Rutgers game. He CAN do it. He needs confidence that his center is going to get him the ball and that his O line is going to give him adequate time to find an open guy. THEN he needs confidence that his WRs are fast enough or big enough to get open and make a catch. A large component for success in the passing game is timing and chemistry between a QB and his receivers. I'm hopeful that with a more normal spring, summer 7 on 7s and fall camp, that Adrian will be better this next fall. It HAS to happen.

Reactions: cvogele29 and WHCSC
Adrian did a much better job of finding and hitting open receivers in that second half of the Rutgers game. He CAN do it. He needs confidence that his center is going to get him the ball and that his O line is going to give him adequate time to find an open guy. THEN he needs confidence that his WRs are fast enough or big enough to get open and make a catch. A large component for success in the passing game is timing and chemistry between a QB and his receivers. I'm hopeful that with a more normal spring, summer 7 on 7s and fall camp, that Adrian will be better this next fall. It HAS to happen.

But he has no one to push him now. I remember him saying that he is better when a backup is pushing for his job. Luke left. Maybe Smothers pushes him now?

Not really. Top 10qbs are constant busts.

Go to your own board Iowa boy.

And he wasn't even a Top 10 QB. A player like that can easily be buried on the depth chart his entire career. The value of QB's is accounted for in their ranking and Duggan still isn't in the same planet as Fidone. Don''t know why he decided to start this odd fight/comparison between a 2019 QB and a 2021 TE, but he's WAY off base, as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT