ADVERTISEMENT

Concerning Trend

With trying to keep top Local HS talent home:

-2021 Avante Dickerson #1 Local recruit
-2021 Keegan Johnson #3 Local recruit
-2020 Xavier Watts #2 Local recruit
-2019 Max Duggan #1 Local recruit

This next season will be do or die, the wheels will completely fall off if we have another losing season.
Condolences in advance.

This next season will be do or die, the wheels will completely fall off if we have another losing season.

You can’t count Duggan as #1, then ignore Fidone. Stay consistent.

Recruiting is not Nebraska’s problem. Identity and player development are our two major problems.

Nebraska and Ioway both pursued Duggan,but he wasn’t interested in any of them...

Duggan would have been really good in SF offense to..

But now I’m glad we landed Fidone over anyone else across the river...

So, few things...

Duggan was a Council Bluffs kid, so if you include him you HAVE to include Fidone (#35 nationally), who is WAY more highly ranked than Avante (#234 nationally).

And according to Rivals state rankings Avante isnt even the #1 recruit to actually live in the state. Teddy P (#74 nationally) is.

So 3 kids in 4 years??? Duggan is from Iowa. I don't see the issue.

Pretty short list. Plenty of things to be critical of the staff over, but nailing down the vast majority of in-state targets is not one of them.

Pretty short list. Plenty of things to be critical of the staff over, but nailing down the vast majority of in-state targets is not one of them.

Also extremely flawed.

If we are counting Council Bluffs as local.

2020: AD is #3 (Fidone #35, Teddy P #75, AD #234)
2019: Max Duggan #2 (Nick Heinrich #127, Max Duggan NR).

Last edited:

False narrative

I agree that we need to start winning. I am not sure if we have a bad local recruiting trend going though. Hard to say.

I think for a while the local recruiting was an issue and reason for concern. Lately though I feel there has been more of an emphasis on it and it's not really an issue. There is not a school that lands every top kid from it's state and that doesn't mean there is a problem. Some kids want to get away and there is no problem with that.

Reactions: Swiv3D and headcard

I say eff em if they want to go elsewhere.
I said it!

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15

Let me see. Is Westcoastcornhusker an indication that you once were a Nebraskan and you left for greener pastures and now you want to deny others from following there dreams?

Reactions: timnsun
A 4* 9th ranked QB in the nation is far far more valuable than a 4* top ranked TE

GTFO, with your nonsense. Not sure why you are comparing Dugan to Fidone, but Duggan isn’t in that same universe.

Duggan wasn’t the 9th ranked QB, he was the 9th ranked Duel threat QB. There were also a dozen Pro-style QB’s ranked at least as high as him.

Max Dugan wasn’t even in the Top 250 players in the nation in 2019. Fidone was #35 overall, this year. If they were remotely the same caliber of player you could make the argument that Dugan plays a more important position, but they aren’t.

You are getting worse and worse at this trolling stuff everyday.

GTFO, with your nonsense. Not sure why you are comparing Dugan to Fidone, but Duggan isn’t in that same universe.

Duggan wasn’t the 9th ranked QB, he was the 9th ranked Duel threat QB. There were also a dozen Pro-style QB’s ranked at least as high as him.

Max Dugan wasn’t even in the Top 250 players in the nation in 2019. Fidone was #35 overall, this year. If they were remotely the same caliber of player you could make the argument that Dugan plays a more important position, but they aren’t.

You are getting worse and worse at this trolling stuff everyday.

The reason is simple - one plays QB and one plays TE

Give me the 9th rated pro or dual rated QB in the nation every year versus the #1 rated TE in the nation every year

The QB position is infinitely more valuable than the TE position

a 3rd team all conference QB is more valuable than an all american TE

The reason is simple - one plays QB and one plays TE

Give me the 9th rated pro or dual rated QB in the nation every year versus the #1 rated TE in the nation every year

The QB position is infinitely more valuable than the TE position

Doubling down on stupid. Very on brand.

Doubling down on stupid. Very on brand.

Neb wins more games with Max Duggan on the roster than due to Fidone being on the roster. - and Neb would make that trade in a millisecond

Last edited:
While I get the concern, I feel it is misplaced for several reasons.

First of all, we simply are not winning, I know that is a shocker to everyone. Why would recruits want to go to a program that is bordering on being a perennial loser in their lifetime?

I saw Iowa mentioned with others, they are simply better football teams than we are now. No shame in admitting it, now fixe it.

Nebraska needs to show some serious player development and get some kids some press and into the league. That will sell recruits.

None of these are exclusive but until they are fixed, sit and cry all day about losing recruits.

Not to worry. The wheels won't fall off. They're just sideways. Like a HCSF WR screen.

Reactions: BroskiRed
Neb wins more games with Max Duggan on the roster than Fidone on the roster. - and Neb would make that trade in a millisecond

You are out of your mind. We don’t win more games with him, not at all. Duggan has been basically Martinez, in fact his stats are worse, playing in an offense with so much talent JD Speilman can’t even get on the field.

Kids are not growing up to be Husker fans just because you live in the state anymore. How can you blame a kid that isn't a die hard husker fan to take the advantage of leaving the state and experiencing a different lifestyle with better weather.

Reactions: donahues17
You are out of your mind. We don’t win more games with him, not at all. Duggan has been basically Martinez, in fact his stats are worse, playing in an offense with so much talent JD Speilman can’t even get on the field.

You don’t need a TE to win - Alabama’s TE averaged 2.3 catches per game

Ohio states TEs caught 14 passes the entire year

Kelce averaged less than 1 catch per game his jr year and less than 4 his senior year

It isn’t a valuable position in the college game

I agree. I think max duggan also sucks. he's a pleasure to bet against.

but, also, QB >>>> TE, obviously

Reactions: headcard
You don’t need a TE to win - Alabama’s TE averaged 2.3 catches per game

Ohio states TEs caught 14 passes the entire year

Kelce averaged less than 1 catch per game his jr year and less than 4 his senior year

It isn’t a valuable position in the college game

Kyle Pitts and Florida disagree. But it was a good decision to attempt to change the narrative off your Max Duggan narrative.

I agree. I think max duggan also sucks. he's a pleasure to bet against.

but, also, QB >>>> TE, obviously

Sure, QB’s are more valuable if they are equal. But any QB isn’t more valuable than the best TE. The recruiting rankings already reflect how much more valuable certain positions are. That’s why there have only been like two TE’s ever to be 5-stars and why there are hardly any kickers that are even 3-stars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT