ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Feist Hangs 'Em Up

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
Feist said he has taken a job selling insurance with Farm Bureau, servicing the Elkhorn, Blair and Tekamah areas under agent Troy Perchal.

Feist graded a 71.2 on PFF, which was the highest mark of any Nebraska interior defensive lineman.

He started all 12 games in 2022 and finished the year with 46 tackles. He was second on the team with seven tackles for loss, only behind Nelson, who led NU with nine.

Feist said he has taken a job selling insurance with Farm Bureau, servicing the Elkhorn, Blair and Tekamah areas under agent Troy Perchal.

Feist graded a 71.2 on PFF, which was the highest mark of any Nebraska interior defensive lineman.

He started all 12 games in 2022 and finished the year with 46 tackles. He was second on the team with seven tackles for loss, only behind Nelson, who led NU with nine.

I didn’t realize he had a sneaky solid year. Seems we’re gonna need to add a transfer.

to each his own - wish him the best - he could have contributed next year

cautionary tale about investing in the development model when after 3 years of development and just one year of play a returning starter would rather drop out and sell insurance than return to play

I think kids being willing to go through the "developmental" grind for 2-3 years with the hope of playing in year 4-5 are going to become rare

We need to get some depth on the DL. After Robinson, Wynn and Nash who do we have? Is Judy slated to play on the DL?
The kid we swiped late from Syracuse I’m betting will get PT. Somebody else will step up. Need Wynn to live up to his rank coming out of high school.

to each his own - wish him the best - he could have contributed next year

cautionary tale about investing in the development model when after 3 years of development and just one year of play a returning starter would rather drop out and sell insurance than return to play

I think kids being willing to go through the "developmental" grind for 2-3 years with the hope of playing in year 4-5 are going to become rare
This crop of old guys has been through hell thanks to Frost. Not surprised some of them don't see the "opportunity" to play another year as enticing. Tip of the cap to Feist, but do we REALLY think Rhule wouldn't give his playing time to someone else if at all possible?

This crop of old guys has been through hell thanks to Frost. Not surprised some of them don't see the "opportunity" to play another year as enticing. Tip of the cap to Feist, but do we REALLY think Rhule wouldn't give his playing time to someone else if at all possible?
Do you think Rhule encouraged Nelson and Feist to move on ?

I think Rhule would have no choice but to play him a lot of snaps. Team captain kind of guy.
absolutely not.

Reactions: Bold Words
what if mike rozier or frazier did'nt play their senior season?

I need to become the head of college football.

That stinks. But I wish him well. His dad is somewhat of a neighbor. Got some corn from him for a big bbq get together late summer. Nice people.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Farm Bureau, needs to be finding nil deal for the dline, not poaching them
someone in the lincoln office has the plans upside down..
we are trying to keep the nfl and mich from poaching players...

That stinks. But I wish him well. His dad is somewhat of a neighbor. Got some corn from him for a big bbq get together late summer. Nice people.
I have relatives in Yutan, very close cousins step son lived across from the Fishers who I found out which I have some relation too His mother..👍🏼

Reactions: Walleye79

not good for the team next yr.

Wish he was coming back to contribute.

His legacy will be of a hard worker in one of the worst 4 year stretches in Husker history who could have assisted in getting the program turned in the right direction but declined.

Personally would go with State Farm or
Geico for insurance options

I don't think it's at all out of the question

Prime Time isn't the first coach to do it, and certainly won't be the last

if they don't fit his mold and have other opportunities, it would be doing the kids a disservice to be anything but honest with them

I respect it if that's indeed what happened. I also respect these two making their own decisions if that was the case. both guys gave everything they had to DONU

great point by @mgbreis. college football is a business, it's not personal. every single person involved is (and should be) one snap away from being replaced. always.

I don't think it's at all out of the question

Prime Time isn't the first coach to do it, and certainly won't be the last

if they don't fit his mold and have other opportunities, it would be doing the kids a disservice to be anything but honest with them

I respect it if that's indeed what happened. I also respect these two making their own decisions if that was the case. both guys gave everything they had to DONU

great point by @mgbreis. college football is a business, it's not personal. every single person involved is (and should be) one snap away from being replaced. always.
So, Rhule and his staff spend the first week or so attending Nebraska high schools to have a presence in the state. Rhule makes personal visits to all (I believe) the scholarship kids. He and the staff talk about how important it is to close the borders on the Nebraska kids.

Then they tell the Co-Captain, and another key member of last year's defense it's time to move along. I say bullshit. Even if they didn't exactly fit in the new defensive scheme with perhaps diminished roles, there's going to be a place for both Nelson and Feist to contribute on defense, the kicking game. Sure, they may not be the starter types for this new defense, but do you realize the damage those two kids can do to the image of what this new staff has said from Day 1?

They may have painted a picture of what this defense will be asked to do, and it didn't suit either kid in terms of what they thought might amount to less playing time, but for sure there are a few teams in the Big Ten that would take Nelson in a second.

Nelson has a big mouth and he's not afraid to use it. I didn't care that much for him, but he kind of epitomized the Nebraska kid who had some talent but worked hard tried to lead, and became an emotional leader on the defense. I just think both kids feel its time to move on with their lives.

Last edited:
So, Rhule and his staff spend the first week or so attending Nebraska high schools to have a presence in the state. Rhule makes personal visits to all (I believe) the scholarship kids. He and the staff talk about how important it is to close the borders on the Nebraska kids.

Then they tell the Co-Captain, and another key member of the defense it's time to move along. I say bullshit. Even if they didn't exactly fit in the new defensive scheme there's going to be a place for both Nelson and Feist to contribute on defense, the kicking game. Sure, they may not be the starter types for this new defense, but do you realize the damage those two kids can do to the image of what this new staff has said from Day 1?

They may have painted a picture of what this defense will be asked to do, and it didn't suit either kid in terms of what they thought might amount to less playing time, but for sure there are a few teams in the Big Ten that would take Nelson in a second.
Nelson has a big mouth and he's not afraid to use it.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion, even if it leaves out the fact that while he was paying them visits (and paying us the necessary lip service), he was also recruiting their replacements

It’s about winning games, not winning hearts

I have no problem with it whether it happened or not, and I don’t think either kid would either

They know what they signed up for & made the most of it. Wish them all the luck in the world. Nelson will make an NFL roster IMO

Fair enough. I respect your opinion, even if it leaves out the fact that while he was paying them visits (and paying us the necessary lip service), he was also recruiting their replacements

It’s about winning games, not winning hearts

I have no problem with it whether it happened or not, and I don’t think either kid would either

They know what they signed up for & made the most of it. Wish them all the luck in the world. Nelson will make an NFL roster IMO
Every player on any P5 team is subject to being replaced by a new talent, that's the nature of athletics. Some will feel they were told to move along, others will believe these kids have chosen to start a new chapter in their lives.

With the addition of about 30 new kids, returning players should be aware they are subject to being replaced also. Some guys like Henrichs will be an odd man out, just based on his lack of speed.

As fans, all of us are sick of losing, we realize that the way forward begins with BETTER PLAYERS. It's likely the staff has told kids it's better for them to move along. If that player doesn't fit into the plans, a lot of kids will remain on the squad because there have always been kids who don't play but want to spend the rest of their lives telling people they played for the Big Red. Some kids want to play and not just be hanger-on type.

If Rhule announced to the team, after spring ball, they intend to carry no more than 110 kids, including walk-ons, a lot of these kids would self-eliminate and head for the Kearney State, Midlands, etc where they still may be able to enjoy the college football experience while still getting an education. I'm sure Ryan Held would take some at Kearney State if there were space available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT