ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado

Really not too concerned with CU. I think Troy will be tougher competition. After having all that built up energy from not getting to play on Sat. This team is going to be looking to kill someone. Unfortunately for CU they are next up on the chopping block. Combine the player energy with the built up fan energy. Memorial stadium is going to be rocking hard core. I could be way wrong, but I see us winning this one pretty easily.
Lol fan energy? Are you going to strap it up and play? Hate to break it to you but the players don't give a shyt about you.

Lol fan energy? Are you going to strap it up and play? Hate to break it to you but the players don't give a shyt about you.

Spoken like a true puff fan and exactly why your program will never amount to more than a pile of warm dog $h!t. Many great athletes feed off the crowd. Many have even said so in interviews. Athletes, even college athletes, are performers. Just like professional athletes, actors, musicians, etc, they feed off the audience and perform at their best when crowd energy is high.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Here's where the students are booted, wasn't the first time in the game they threw stuff on the field (at about 2:09:19)...

There's also more commentary at 2:17:20 and more around 2:28 (Bonus: You also get to see Harrison Beck sling it around).

Mike Tirico: "The people (CU fans) are idiots. There's no nice way of saying you're a fool." Laughing

I liked how Barnett had his own personal tantrum and took 2 timeouts in the last 30 seconds of the game trying to score (making him look like a petty tool)...and was DENIED!! RollingLaugh

CU fans are some of the worst fans in CFB. Fair weathered and when they do show up they have zero class.

CU fans are some of the worst fans in CFB. Fair weathered and when they do show up they have zero class.
They learned from the Huskers. "Sal is dead, go big red". "Even Sal Picks Nebraska". A mob of Huskers attacking one of our players after a game (Drew Wahlroos). Yeah, classy, classy.

They learned from the Huskers. "Sal is dead, go big red". "Even Sal Picks Nebraska". A mob of Huskers attacking one of our players after a game (Drew Wahlroos). Yeah, classy, classy.
A mob? Yeah, like two people make a mob, he was intoxicated like he was down in San Antonio when he got in trouble. cu fans were the most despised in the Big 12 by far, and for good reason. Even PAC12 fans know this to be true, but you keep on thinking you and yours are something special.

At least that's an honest assessment. No denial. I like it.

"We're up on your board acting like dicks today because of some BS that happened back in the '80's."

Last edited:
It was Bill Callahan’s finest hour. It was glorious watching CU students trash their own field. Like cutting off one’s nose to spite their face. Gary Barnett had to get on the mic at one point to tell them to knock it off.
Yes it was his finest hour. I remember winning $20 that day betting Nebraska would beat the spread.

Reactions: HuskerNate79
A mob? Yeah, like two people make a mob, he was intoxicated like he was down in San Antonio when he got in trouble. cu fans were the most despised in the Big 12 by far, and for good reason. Even PAC12 fans know this to be true, but you keep on thinking you and yours are something special.
Make crap up. Typical CSU Husker wannabe fan.

Make crap up. Typical CSU Husker wannabe fan.
Says the closet Husker fan on a Husker board. Wahlroos was drunk when he supposedly got jumped by 5 Nebraska fans, nice spin of his on his drunken state. He got in trouble in San Antonio as well, moron.

And cu fans were the most despised in the Big 12, trying to argue that shows what a moron you really are. Pound sand back to netbuffs or whatever 60 IQ cu fan board you hang out on

Reactions: SOHusker11
The entire CFB world minus CU would beg to differ.

90% of their fan base are drunk frat boys from California. They're in it more to talk sh!t to opposing fans more than they support their own team.

The state of Colorado in general doesn't really care about CU athletics. The local radio shows would rather spend a week talking about Paxton Lynch than the upcoming game with a former "rival".

Last edited:
Says the closet Husker fan on a Husker board. Wahlroos was drunk when he supposedly got jumped by 5 Nebraska fans, nice spin of his on his drunken state. He got in trouble in San Antonio as well, moron.

And cu fans were the most despised in the Big 12, trying to argue that shows what a moron you really are. Pound sand back to netbuffs or whatever 60 IQ cu fan board you hang out on
Ooohhhh, it's IQ smack talk from a Husker. Now that's rich! Only NU despises CU and NU fans are the worst. Once you beat NU, their fans go full retard. EVERY team that has beaten you knows this which is why you guys are so hated. Sorest of sore losers. I've seen this board call KSU fans the worst fans. MU fans the worst fans. OU fans the worst fans. UT fans the worst fans. Even ISU fans the worst fans. It's hilarious. Simply insert <team that beat NU> = worst fans.

90% of their fan base are drunk frat boys from California. They're in it more to talk sh!t to opposing fans more then they support their own team.

The state of Colorado in general doesn't really care about CU athletics. The local radio shows would rather spend a week talking about Paxton Lynch than the upcoming game with a former "rival".
There's more going on in the great state of Colorado than just corn, but there has been plenty of college football talk on radio, news channels, and in the city in general. CU is just one of 6 division I Universities period in the front range. A dozen professional franchises in the area also. It's a real community.

There's more going on in the great state of Colorado than just corn, but there has been plenty of college football talk on radio, news channels, and in the city in general. CU is just one of 6 division I Universities period in the front range. A dozen professional franchises in the area also. It's a real community.
And no one talks about cu much, unless it’s Nebraska week this year, and even that is way lower than what it used to be. People in Utah, Wyoming don’t consider Colorado part of their community, where do you dig this crap up?

You are really living up to your name on rivals bud.... the fact that you are even over here thumping your chest shows how jealous you are lkke most Buff fans about our program.. be glad you get this schedule in HCSF 1st and 2nd year because you and the rest of college football will be afraid to play this team moving forward like it used to be! Now go away

Ooohhhh, it's IQ smack talk from a Husker. Now that's rich! Only NU despises CU and NU fans are the worst. Once you beat NU, their fans go full retard. EVERY team that has beaten you knows this which is why you guys are so hated. Sorest of sore losers. I've seen this board call KSU fans the worst fans. MU fans the worst fans. OU fans the worst fans. UT fans the worst fans. Even ISU fans the worst fans. It's hilarious. Simply insert <team that beat NU> = worst fans.
Nice try, 60 IQ boy. You know cu had the most hated fans, deal with it. You’ll never hear other fan bases talk good about buff fans, they know you’re all assholes. Hilarious you’re still hanging around, typical cu fan, can’t help yourself but being what you are.

My daddy can beat up your daddy.

Then you have NEVER been to memorial stadium when it gets rockin. Might want to make a trip to Lincoln and see how the greatest fans in college football do it.

So, I have been really looking forward to this game for a while. I think any arrogance or expectations for a win - on either side, are misplaced. I think both this year and next year are going to be very good games from a fan perspective. For all of the vitriol on this board about Riley, he did recruit very well, with classes over the last five years ranking 32, 31, 24, 20, and 21 respectively. If I am being honest, CU can't touch this type of track record, and we are only recently (as in 2017) back in the 30's But, as many have noted he (Riley) is a PAC-12 coach, and he recruited PAC-12 type players. It is weird. It is almost as though the NU AD was thinking that drawing from a different pool of talent might give NU an advantage in the B1G. But that conference is a smash-mouth conference, and trying to bring a speed/finesse passing game to that conference is kind of like bringing a knife to a gunfight imo. There is also the legitimate question about player development, and I don't think Mike Riley did a very good job, particularly on defense. Conversely, Mike Macintyre has shown that he can develop underrated players, particularly DB's. In looking at NU on defense last year, in spite of all of the talent, the number of 50+ point games NU allowed was surprising. I mean you gave up 54 points to Minnesota, which is RollingLaugh. This speaks to lack of player development.

Still, in terms of W/L record CU fans are not in a position to brag either. Five wins in only one win better than four after all. CU did put up great numbers against CSU, but then CSU blows, and might be one of the worst defenses in D1 football. So - again - if I am being honest, we really don't know what we have. What we do know is that Macintyre does know DB's, and pass defense, and CU's DB's are very solid across the board. No back-end of a defense is any good if you can't get a pass rush going, and CU seems to have some decent players in the front seven who can get a pass rush on. If I had to guess, Martinez will be lucky to break 200 yards passing. The other side of the coin is CU's rush defense, and CU has had trouble with running QB's. If I had to guess, NU runs read option all day long, with a few play action passes to keep the defense honest. Particularly considering the forecast calls for rain, I am thinking the teams that wins runs the ball the best. With NU's history of great o-lines, it is going to be a tall task for CU to stop the NU ground game. The wild card is Sophomore ILB Nate Landman, who had 16 tackles in his debut last week. Moving senior Drew Lewis to OLB to get Landman on the field will also pay dividends for CU in pass rush. In any event, CU's defense is better than many here think.

On offense CU is loaded at the skill positions, but our offensive line has been a consistent weakness. At WR CU has a legit six man rotation, with Soph Laviska Shenault leading the way last week along with KD nixon. I expect Shenault to get doubled-up all day in coverage, which leaves everyone else including Nixon and Juwann Winfree in one-on-one coverage. So, pick your poison. The addition of Kurt Roper as QB coach has changed the way Montez plays, and as a RS- Junior Montez has a lot of experience, and he can run. CU clearly has an advantage at the QB position all things being equal. At running back, while we lost Philip Lindsay, we gained Travon McMillian as a grad Transfer from Virginia Tech, who is a legit talent. Behind him CU has a mish mash of decent, but not exceptional players who can get yards if CU's line can open holes. However, CU's o-line has not been good in past years, and CU's success rests on the ability of our o-line to block your front seven. CU's o-line is improving - they seem to be much better at pass blocking, but just how much better they are remains to be seen. A rainy game day favors NU's offense over CU I think.

The last, but possibly the most important point is years in the respective system. I have no doubt that Scott Frost will have NU playing as a top ten team and for B1G conference championships in three to four years, maybe sooner. However, CU is game 1, in a new system with new coaches, AND you are starting a true freshman QB, who has never taken a live D1 snap. The advantages these facts create are something NU fans here are underestimating. This coupled with not having a game last week, is a huge issue for Nebraska. In terms of outcome, I think if it is dry then CU puts up 30 to 40 points on the black shirts, and the question then becomes: Can Martinez and company keep up - I don't think they can, not in this context. If the day is wet and rainy then the game becomes much more of a push, with NU having an advantage because of your o-line and the effectiveness of the read-option. Sunny day score: CU 38 - NU 24, Rainy day score: Pick-em, winner 24, loser 21.

OU and Neb fans are very respectful of each other. I have many friends in Oklahoma that wish OU and Neb still played every year because they were treated so well when attending games in Lincoln. Most opposing team fans that come to Lincoln leave with a great feeling about how they were treated. I have never once heard that about Colorado. Please an idiot back in the 80's was stupid and made an ass of themselves with that Sal poster. That poster was chastized strongly by the press here. I had beer thrown on me and watched as the entire student section was removed from a game in Boulder. That is bad. Please explain that!

So, I have been really looking forward to this game for a while. I think any arrogance or expectations for a win - on either side, are misplaced. I think both this year and next year are going to be very good games from a fan perspective.
I lived in Boulder and worked at CU from 2013-2017, so I got to witness McIntyre's resuscitation of the program first-hand. We think things are bad here after 4-8, but the mess Mac 2.0 inherited was hideous. That 2016 run was magical. I went to the WSU game, and Folsom felt more like it did in in the late '80s and early '90s than it had in a long time. That was special.

We're not that bad off, as you noted, because we've still recruited reasonably well.

While making predictions, I always note the level of experience and talent at QB when everything else seems equal. That's why I'm pessimistic about Saturday's result. Montez looked awesome, and he is a senior. Sefo's senior year was special for CU, and Montez may do something similar for them this year. Starting a true freshman in game one against that kind of experience is a real roll of the dice.

My heart says NU 38, CU 31. My head tells me to reverse that.

Peace, Buffie.

(BTW, I'm guessing you aren't one of the 698 people in Colorado who, during the 23 years I lived there, told me DIRECTLY TO MY FACE, KNOWING THAT I'M A NATIVE NEBRASKAN THAT THEY HATED MY HOMETOWN, MY HOME STATE AND MY ALMA MATER. You seem not to carry the CU arrogance contagion.)

LOVE IT!! Glad to see nothing has changed at CU!! Still as obnoxious and delusional as ever. Good times. Can't wait for the game . Looking forward to it.

Is that what you mean by going "full retard?"

So, I have been really looking forward to this game for a while. I think any arrogance or expectations for a win - on either side, are misplaced. I think both this year and next year are going to be very good games from a fan perspective. For all of the vitriol on this board about Riley, he did recruit very well, with classes over the last five years ranking 32, 31, 24, 20, and 21 respectively. If I am being honest, CU can't touch this type of track record, and we are only recently (as in 2017) back in the 30's But, as many have noted he (Riley) is a PAC-12 coach, and he recruited PAC-12 type players. It is weird. It is almost as though the NU AD was thinking that drawing from a different pool of talent might give NU an advantage in the B1G. But that conference is a smash-mouth conference, and trying to bring a speed/finesse passing game to that conference is kind of like bringing a knife to a gunfight imo. There is also the legitimate question about player development, and I don't think Mike Riley did a very good job, particularly on defense. Conversely, Mike Macintyre has shown that he can develop underrated players, particularly DB's. In looking at NU on defense last year, in spite of all of the talent, the number of 50+ point games NU allowed was surprising. I mean you gave up 54 points to Minnesota, which is RollingLaugh. This speaks to lack of player development.

Still, in terms of W/L record CU fans are not in a position to brag either. Five wins in only one win better than four after all. CU did put up great numbers against CSU, but then CSU blows, and might be one of the worst defenses in D1 football. So - again - if I am being honest, we really don't know what we have. What we do know is that Macintyre does know DB's, and pass defense, and CU's DB's are very solid across the board. No back-end of a defense is any good if you can't get a pass rush going, and CU seems to have some decent players in the front seven who can get a pass rush on. If I had to guess, Martinez will be lucky to break 200 yards passing. The other side of the coin is CU's rush defense, and CU has had trouble with running QB's. If I had to guess, NU runs read option all day long, with a few play action passes to keep the defense honest. Particularly considering the forecast calls for rain, I am thinking the teams that wins runs the ball the best. With NU's history of great o-lines, it is going to be a tall task for CU to stop the NU ground game. The wild card is Sophomore ILB Nate Landman, who had 16 tackles in his debut last week. Moving senior Drew Lewis to OLB to get Landman on the field will also pay dividends for CU in pass rush. In any event, CU's defense is better than many here think.

On offense CU is loaded at the skill positions, but our offensive line has been a consistent weakness. At WR CU has a legit six man rotation, with Soph Laviska Shenault leading the way last week along with KD nixon. I expect Shenault to get doubled-up all day in coverage, which leaves everyone else including Nixon and Juwann Winfree in one-on-one coverage. So, pick your poison. The addition of Kurt Roper as QB coach has changed the way Montez plays, and as a RS- Junior Montez has a lot of experience, and he can run. CU clearly has an advantage at the QB position all things being equal. At running back, while we lost Philip Lindsay, we gained Travon McMillian as a grad Transfer from Virginia Tech, who is a legit talent. Behind him CU has a mish mash of decent, but not exceptional players who can get yards if CU's line can open holes. However, CU's o-line has not been good in past years, and CU's success rests on the ability of our o-line to block your front seven. CU's o-line is improving - they seem to be much better at pass blocking, but just how much better they are remains to be seen. A rainy game day favors NU's offense over CU I think.

The last, but possibly the most important point is years in the respective system. I have no doubt that Scott Frost will have NU playing as a top ten team and for B1G conference championships in three to four years, maybe sooner. However, CU is game 1, in a new system with new coaches, AND you are starting a true freshman QB, who has never taken a live D1 snap. The advantages these facts create are something NU fans here are underestimating. This coupled with not having a game last week, is a huge issue for Nebraska. In terms of outcome, I think if it is dry then CU puts up 30 to 40 points on the black shirts, and the question then becomes: Can Martinez and company keep up - I don't think they can, not in this context. If the day is wet and rainy then the game becomes much more of a push, with NU having an advantage because of your o-line and the effectiveness of the read-option. Sunny day score: CU 38 - NU 24, Rainy day score: Pick-em, winner 24, loser 21.
You bring up valid points. However every fan is of course going to favor his or her team. Pull out everything they feel gives their team an advantage however small it seems to everyone else on the outside it seems enormous advantage to the fan. Your points are big advantages to you, but in all honesty don't mean much.
The biggest thing against you is the unknown. CU has no idea what they will be getting with this Nebraska team. They can look at UCF games of course, but we have better talent than they do and I have a feeling Frost will change things up just a bit from what was done at UCF. So in a nut shell, both sides can try and pick and choose the advantages and disadvantage but the truth is we have no clue how this Nebraska team will perform. If us fans have no idea, who follow every nuance of Nebraska football, then CU will most definitely have no clue what to expect. I think both Ds are question marks and based off last year we know both teams should be able to put up points. On a neutral site this is a 50/50 game. I think the home field advantage gives us this one. 42-35

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT