ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Miller

This team needs a few badass players that aremt afraid to whoop someones ass in the locker room. Start demanding respect and instill that mentality. But that wont happen in this soft ass society.

Reactions: newAD and SkerInCo
This team needs a few badass players that aremt afraid to whoop someones ass in the locker room. Start demanding respect and instill that mentality. But that wont happen in this soft ass society.
I agree with the sentiment, but those kids just don't exist anymore. If they do, they're the exception, rather than the rule. Getting yelled at by a teammate used to be the system of checks and balances of team accountability. Now, kids are unwilling to put their personal relationships on the line for the betterment of the team, no matter how frustrated they may get. Don't want to lose followers/friends.

I agree with the sentiment, but those kids just don't exist anymore. If they do, they're the exception, rather than the rule. Getting yelled at by a teammate used to be the system of checks and balances of team accountability. Now, kids are unwilling to put their personal relationships on the line for the betterment of the team, no matter how frustrated they may get. Don't want to lose followers/friends.
Now we have adults that lose and think they gotta storm buildings to get their participation trophy.

Watching the way Alabama carries themselves. All business. Now watch our players doing the "Not in our house" finger wagging when we prevent Illinois from completing a six yard pass as they are kicking our ass. Accountability and business. Wandale at least attempted to call some of these clowns out and apparently realized that it was a futile waste of his time.

So very true.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Watching the way Alabama carries themselves. All business. Now watch our players doing the "Not in our house" finger wagging when we prevent Illinois from completing a six yard pass as they are kicking our ass. Accountability and business. Wandale at least attempted to call some of these clowns out and apparently realized that it was a waste of his time.

Um, what?

Reactions: tpmcg
Watching the way Alabama carries themselves. All business. Now watch our players doing the "Not in our house" finger wagging when we prevent Illinois from completing a six yard pass as they are kicking our ass. Accountability and business. Wandale at least attempted to call some of these clowns out and apparently realized that it was a waste of his time.
Another reason he left I bet. That stuff gets old and when you are a serious player and your teammates want to dik around.

Reactions: Chuck003
I call bullshit on the whole damn twitter thread. I know twitter is how young people these days express themselves but if Miller wants to be a leader on the team and wants to call out players he thinks are slackers then he should do that internally. Going on twitter to make very vague and open-ended comments calling out nameless players just smacks of an attempt at getting attention. Those kinds of tweets, precisely because they are so open to endless speculation, are actually destructive of team unity. Miller should lay off the tweets and deal with the guys he has in mind directly and personally. Just my two cents.

I call bullshit on the whole damn twitter thread. I know twitter is how young people these days express themselves but if Miller wants to be a leader on the team and wants to call out players he thinks are slackers then he should do that internally. Going on twitter to make very vague and open-ended comments calling out nameless players just smacks of an attempt at getting attention. Those kinds of tweets, precisely because they are so open to endless speculation, are actually destructive of team unity. Miller should lay off the tweets and deal with the guys he has in mind directly and personally. Just my two cents.
Team unity? They had some guys opt out and some guys want to play. Do you really think the team unity was strong with this group in the first place? Our best player just left and was given everything. Which is why people continue to question the culture Frost says he is building.

Team unity? They had some guys opt out and some guys want to play. Do you really think the team unity was strong with this group in the first place? Our best player just left and was given everything. Which is why people continue to question the culture Frost says he is building.
I agree that there are issues in the locker room. I never denied that. My one and only point is that going on twitter to call out unnamed individuals is the wrong way to go about trying to fix things. My concern for team unity is rooted in precisely those things you mentioned. And my worry is that a bunch of twitter jockeys are going to increase the bad blood. Do it in private because that will have more effect.

I agree that there are issues in the locker room. I never denied that. My one and only point is that going on twitter to call out unnamed individuals is the wrong way to go about trying to fix things. My concern for team unity is rooted in precisely those things you mentioned. And my worry is that a bunch of twitter jockeys are going to increase the bad blood. Do it in private because that will have more effect.
It’s 2021. People don’t do that. Especially young kids. Social media is their “platform” for not only social issues but personal issues as well.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Those kind of guys were "bullies". Remember, we're not allowed to hurt anybody's feelings anymore.

Well Miller had a career ending spinal injury so I don't think he'll be in the locker room much to call guys out. Unfortunately kids have their heads buried in their phones today and they communicate electronically instead of face to face. They could be in the same locker room and likely still use their phones instead of walking across the room. Personally I'm glad he's calling them out. We're going to miss his attitude in the locker room I think.

I dunno, possibly he is commenting on some guys that arent there yet that have made some comments (ie... fidone).

Stuff like this is why Frost hasn't been able to be a CEO here as since he's gotten here he's had to play damage control and babysitter. The culture isn't there yet as there is more weeding out to do to finally eliminate the cancer out of the program before it can grow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT