ADVERTISEMENT

coaching rumor...

Amazing and satisfying that a HC who is listed as interim can land a kid who is at the top of Nebraska's list. I think Mickey just might end up getting the HC job even if the team only wins a few more games at best. You allow Joseph a chance to load the team with talent and then let Mickey add a few very good assistants and he might just get this program going.
I like Mickey, but he will not be the head coach.

And now the talk turns to the quality of the athletes which I did not bring up. Certainly, that isn't even a point that can be argued, the data suggests the top teams get the top talent or the other way around.

What I was stating was that there is constant clamoring for the best of, most successful, proven, use whatever term you want, in a coach and it simply will not happen. This just sets everyone up for disappointment later on. I would even go out on a limb and say that any HC will come in, hire his staff by selecting some people he knows very well, some he knows well and some come as a recommendation from that first group. Some won't work out which I expect.

Everyone was on Chins early on as his D was not good, then he had a better year last year that looked better than it was based on the prior years only to stink the field up this year. He went from cannon fodder to be fired to potential HC of our Huskers! What?

I like Mickey, I think he is great for the kids and that is where I come from a great deal having done that for many years of life in education. Does that make him a great HC? I have no clue but the two may or may not be connected. Aside from a few of the elite coaches, the proven that everyone clamors for but won't name, everyone will be a risk to a degree. How much risk do you want to take?

Really think Mickey will be hired in the middle of the most important coaching search in Husker history? Assistant retained? Maybe. Head coach? Pretend he is not a former Husker and get real. He will not be the head coach. Nor should he. What the hell kind of shit are 80 percent of the posters on? This is go big or go home. With the previous track record that NU has, I will say, "Go Home". However, I might be surprised.
We'll all have a "that's great" or an "aw fvck" moment in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping to be in the former group. LOL

Reactions: Chuck003
We'll all have a "that's great" or an "aw fvck" moment in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping to be in the former group. LOL
I am probably wrong, but I have been hearing that the new coach might have been in the works for quite some time. Everyone wins in this situation. Think south. He is not having a great year, but it would be a good hire. And not Lance or Bill. Pretty easy to figure out, even though ( as of 3 days ago) the "money talk" has hit a standstill.

Last edited:
I am probably wrong, but I have been hearing that the new coach might have been in the works for quite some time. Everyone wins in this situation. Think south. He is not having a great year, but it would be a good hire. And not Lance or Bill. Pretty easy to figure out, even though ( as of 3 days ago) the "money talk" has hit a standstill.
DA

It better not be Dave Doeren.

Why are so many Husker fans worried about the money?

For real, stop it.
Better spent on other things within the department rather than paying off failed coaches that's why. It's funny that so many think Nebraska has an endless supply of money, it's just not being printed by the University. Nebraska can't keep running up a deficit like U.S. government. :(

Reactions: dinglefritz
I like Mickey, but he will not be the head coach.
Nice to hear you have the inside scoop on the whole situation. Mickey is still in the middle of an audition to become the head man and we won't know until his audition is concluded November 25th. Nobody knows but Trev Alberts AD, Ted Carter president and chancellor Green who that next coach will be and that decision is ongoing.

Reactions: BleedRed78
“The relationship I got with Mickey (Joseph) and this coaching staff is untouchable," Coleman said after announcing his decision.

Better hope Joseph is retained in some position at Nebraska or you can say Bye, Bye to this stud recruit.

Reactions: BleedRed78
“The relationship I got with Mickey (Joseph) and this coaching staff is untouchable," Coleman said after announcing his decision.

Better hope Joseph is retained in some position at Nebraska or you can say Bye, Bye to this stud recruit.
So we have to keep Mickey, or some overblown self-entitled recruit will leave? Cut ties with the kid now if that’s the case. Even if Mickey stays that’s not a good look

Really think Mickey will be hired in the middle of the most important coaching search in Husker history? Assistant retained? Maybe. Head coach? Pretend he is not a former Husker and get real. He will not be the head coach. Nor should he. What the hell kind of shit are 80 percent of the posters on? This is go big or go home. With the previous track record that NU has, I will say, "Go Home". However, I might be surprised.
"waaaaaaaaahhh"

So we have to keep Mickey, or some overblown self-entitled recruit will leave? Cut ties with the kid now if that’s the case. Even if Mickey stays that’s not a good look
You are are absolutely crazy if you think Coleman is self-entitled, try reading about this outstanding young man before you spew your ignorance about something or somebody.

Last edited:
“Mickey is going to be there, and I know that,” Coleman said on Saturday. “That’s why I’m here.”

Coleman also made no bones about it when talking about Joseph’s impact on his overall decision.

“He changed everything for me,” Coleman said. “About six or seven months ago I was not coming here.”

Well it sounds like Mickey is going to be here some way or another as a HC or assistant.

Why are so many Husker fans worried about the money?

For real, stop it.
Contrary to popular opinion, money does matter. You don’t just piss away money when you’re looking at the millions we’re planning to spend on stadium improvements.

Reactions: konaki
Doeren would be a good hire but I doubt he’ll be the man. O’Brien is the most logical. The shine is off of Aranda when you look closer. IF we don’t hire O’Brien IMO it isn’t because we didn’t offer.

Doeren would be a good hire but I doubt he’ll be the man. O’Brien is the most logical. The shine is off of Aranda when you look closer. IF we don’t hire O’Brien IMO it isn’t because we didn’t offer.
I think the shine is off on Leipold and Campbell..Aranda and Rhule are most unlikely..
Would like to think Kiffin has some interest in Nebraska but I have my fingers crossed with him..

Not sure about O’Brien except the the fact that he has a good résumé but so does Lane Kiffin..

Nice to see some of our fans rush right up to the podium to brag about having some inside bad info about a star recruit that could have left the state, and who should be having the time of his life right now, and enjoying the process, and decided to commit to this dumpster fire in spite of what's gone on here in recent decades..... Stay classy, idiots.

I think the shine is off on Leipold and Campbell..Aranda and Rhule are most unlikely..
Would like to think Kiffin has some interest in Nebraska but I have my fingers crossed with him..

Not sure about O’Brien except the the fact that he has a good résumé but so does Lane Kiffin..
I can’t see Trev hiring Kiffin but who knows. O’Brien makes the most sense for multiple reasons. Experience in the BIG. No buyout. Success as a head coach. Recruited well under extremely difficult circumstances. Available after the playoff. I also have no doubt that he would be open to keeping Mickey and Busch at least. I think O’Brien would be a great fit.

everyone assuming Mickey will accept a demotion to stay on staff apparently have no spine or dignity of their own

I would never accept a public demotion, and Mickey will have plenty of opportunities elsewhere if he is for some reason passed over by blockhead Trev

he will either be the head coach next year or not in Lincoln, and he's earned that

I can’t see Trev hiring Kiffin but who knows. O’Brien makes the most sense for multiple reasons. Experience in the BIG. No buyout. Success as a head coach. Recruited well under extremely difficult circumstances. Available after the playoff. I also have no doubt that he would be open to keeping Mickey and Busch at least. I think O’Brien would be a great fit.
I’m not against it but Alabama had a better offense when Kiffin was the O coordinator than what O’Brien is doing now for them..

I’m not against it but Alabama had a better offense when Kiffin was the O coordinator than what O’Brien is doing now for them..
Kiffin had better wide receivers but damn. Look at the production from O’Brien’s offense. It’s tremendous. Bama’s problem isn’t on offense. Kirby has been getting some of the defenders that Nick was getting.

Reactions: headcard
everyone assuming Mickey will accept a demotion to stay on staff apparently have no spine or dignity of their own

I would never accept a public demotion, and Mickey will have plenty of opportunities elsewhere if he is for some reason passed over by blockhead Trev

he will either be the head coach next year or not in Lincoln, and he's earned that
Being the offensive coordinator really isn’t a demotion for some one that’s a interim coach from being the receivers coach..

Last edited:
I don't know crap, but Dave Aranda is the person that I heard. There is a good chance that Carricker was reffering to this individual as well. Not just a hunch on my part, but from someone with close ties to the team. He also heard that the coaching search is still going on, so take this with a grain of salt. Just a name he threw out there for me. Didn't mention Bill, Lance, or Lane, though.

There are multiple examples of interim coaches who accepted positions when a new head coach was hired. The only way zmickey leaves IMO is if he gets a D1 head coaching offer and even then I think he would be selective. He’s going to get paid as one of the top WR coaches and as an assistant head coach. That’s a good gig and he knows it.

Their Offense is still great. They went from an all-time great offense, with three Heisman type candidates at skill positions, to a top 5 offense.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't know crap, but Dave Aranda is the person that I heard. There is a good chance that Carricker was reffering to this individual as well. Not just a hunch on my part, but from someone with close ties to the team. He also heard that the coaching search is still going on, so take this with a grain of salt. Just a name he threw out there for me. Didn't mention Bill, Lance, or Lane, though.

Sipple said on the radio the other day that he thought Aranda was basically out. I personally would love DA, but especially if he can bring his OC and OL coach.

Why not Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin? I don't think Iowa matters because Alberts probably wants to get something finalized before that game, although the announcement may not be made until right after the game.
I don’t think we match up at all with Wisconsin is all.

Sipple said on the radio the other day that he thought Aranda was basically out. I personally would love DA, but especially if he can bring his OC and OL coach.
Damn. If Sipple says that then Aranda is our guy. 😉. Aranda doesn’t make much sense other than his friendship with Mickey and Busch. He’s got a large buyout, his recruiting hasn’t been great and his team is struggling.

Damn. If Sipple says that then Aranda is our guy. 😉. Aranda doesn’t make much sense other than his friendship with Mickey and Busch. He’s got a large buyout, his recruiting hasn’t been great and his team is struggling.

I actually like him. He’s a great defensive mind, he has a good OC and a good OL coach. The staff he could potentially put together would be impressive. But his buyout and comfort level in Baylor make it seem unlikely.

Contrary to popular opinion, money does matter. You don’t just piss away money when you’re looking at the millions we’re planning to spend on stadium improvements.
Lol that's the definition of pissing away money spending on stadium improvements and ridiculous facilities. Those things are not going to make a damn bit of difference if we don't hire a solid coaching staff in the first place.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Being the offensive coordinator really isn’t a demotion for some one that’s a interim coach from being the receivers coach..
There's no way a head coach is going to come in and have his OC dictated to him. Maybe he can get a Co-OC title, but WR coach is all that he can really expect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT