ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hot Seat Ranks

Husker Hambone

Sophomore
Sep 15, 2013
Coach hot seat rankings...http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Arkansas - Chad Morris goes down in Fayetteville
USC - the loss to Oregon sealed Heltons fate
Michigan - Harbaugh goes back to NFL
Minnesota - Row Man moves on to more prestigious college job
Wake Forest - Dave Clawson moves up to more prestigious college job
Miss St - Moorhead is gone
Vanderbilt- Mason is gone
Michigan St - Dantonio retires
Iowa - KF retires
TCU - Patterson retires
Iowa St - Matt Campbell moves up to more prestigious college job
Oklahoma - LR moves to NFL

Coach hot seat rankings...http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Iowa - KF retires
TCU - Patterson retires

I bet PJ Fleck get offered jobs. Whether he takes one is the question.

Kirk is 64 years old so retirement will not be far away.

I could see PJ Fleck getting the job at Florida State and doing really well. He can motivate that talent and ACC isn’t great outside Clemson.

I could see PJ Fleck getting the job at Florida State and doing really well. He can motivate that talent and ACC isn’t great outside Clemson.

$17 million buyout for that job to open. Not sure they will do it.

I suspect Arkansas, USC, Oklahoma (NFL), and Miss. State to open.

Reactions: Husker Hambone

Ferentz will be 64 by the start of next season but he's nowhere close to retiring. He's been open about feeling better than he ever has physically and has no idea what he'd do with himself if he were not coaching. He's having a fabulous time coaching now especially because his son is O-Coordinator. Iowa insiders believe he'll likely go until age 70.

Morris, Moorhead, and Pruitt are only struggling because of the previous coach's recruits. It's only Year 2, once they get their own recruits in there, I'm sure they'll start winning.
Do you think those guys are bad coaches? Was Moorehead smarter last year, when he had a NFL QB?

Fleck will move on. When kirk goes Iowa is going to collapse. Not that they were that great with him.

Iowa - KF retires
TCU - Patterson retires
Where's FSU

Ferentz will be 64 by the start of next season but he's nowhere close to retiring. He's been open about feeling better than he ever has physically and has no idea what he'd do with himself if he were not coaching. He's having a fabulous time coaching now especially because his son is O-Coordinator. Iowa insiders believe he'll likely go until age 70.

Like I said, not that far away. I consider a few years not that far away. In the next five years, I expect the following coaches to longer be around:

Nick Saban
Frank Solich
Mark Dantonio
Kirk Ferentz
Mack Brown
Les Miles

They got Frost listed at #8. Frost isn't going anywhere any time soon. If he was at any other school, yes his seat would be on fire. He will get 2 more years no matter what. If he can pull 7 or 8 wins one of those years he will get another 2.

They got Frost listed at #8. Frost isn't going anywhere any time soon. If he was at any other school, yes his seat would be on fire. He will get 2 more years no matter what. If he can pull 7 or 8 wins one of those years he will get another 2.
Yep-they are just looking solely at record. Zero chance he gets fired this year and slim chance next year. It amazes me some people are even convincing themselves that there is any chance whatsoever that he's gone after this year. Keeping him around isn't any sort of vote of confidence in him, it's the reality that you don't push eject after 2 years on an alum(much less a big-name alum) who has a 7 year contract.

Then he’ll be the perfect age to slow down and run for President. :)

Reactions: bradjens
I live in Knoxville and no way. The fan base is unbelievably happy right now seeing a huge turnaround. Played Bama tough and have beat two SEC teams in a row and killed 7-1 UAB. They will go undefeated the rest of the season and finish 7-5

That is really all we want to see as fans. To keep improving

Reactions: Nebfan15
Like I said, not that far away. I consider a few years not that far away. In the next five years, I expect the following coaches to longer be around:

Nick Saban
Frank Solich
Mark Dantonio
Kirk Ferentz
Mack Brown
Les Miles

Kirk Ferentz will be 65 on August 1st. I can see him coaching 5+ years. He appears to love being an Iowan, something he shared this preseason, after 30 years of residence as both an OL coach and now 21 years as a head coach.
  • Tom Osborne - longevity, Kirk shares a good story of his trip to Lincoln, as an OL coach
  • Hayden Fry
  • Bill Snyder
  • Joe Paterno
  • Joe Moore
Of those on the list, I would take KF off. What else would he do? Mark Dantonio is being speculated right now.

He isn't going become a Congressman and AD.

That is really all we want to see as fans. To keep improving

It really is. They play Bama tough, then beat Miss State and South Carolina, two not great teams and then get three commitments in one day. Two were 4 star linebackers. If Nebraska wasn't so damn dysfunctional, they could be doing the same thing, and most of us would be thrilled

Reactions: Huskred01
100 loss Kirk Ferentz.

Nebraska's bye week should be interesting. Two bye weeks cuts the season into unequal thirds.

Three more games.

Wisconsin faces three straight opponents who are coming off bye weeks. Of course, they are as well for the first opponent.

Trip to Maryland will be interesting, since Maryland will be coming off a bye.

Then, close out on Black Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT