ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti postgame quote

Cignetti: "I know there was a national perception Nebraska had a pretty legit defense on a national scale, so maybe this will open their eyes."

So he’s not just an a-hole he’s a dumb a-hole. Way to pump your teams rep up by bad mouthing the opponent you just beat.
I think Cignetti might have been saying: look we just scored 55 points against a Top Defense!

But the joke is on him because the Huskers are a paper tiger and far from top anything!

The appropriate time for trash talking is after you completely dismantle your opponent.
Wrong that's the time to graciously speak about your victory..

Trashing you opponent afterwards does two things. It puts a big target on you for anyone else, and it undercuts your victory.

I want Cignetti to prove one thing this year ... that while money can buy you a national title, a good coach can get you to the playoffs.
I'm tired of watching the same teams dominate, I enjoy hero stories where the little guy has a fighting chance. I grew up in a country where that used to be possible, and I'm tired of living inside a rigged system that resembles the Matrix.

I look at it as they are 7-0 and we are 5-2 heading into the ohio state game, thus there can't be too much crying round.
and stop messing with the uniforms...work on stoping short passes, not changeing uniforms

Reactions: shocksker
They whipped our ass in every facet of the game yesterday.

He can talk as much shit as he wants.

Cig is talking smack, and bringing it. Wanted so badly to shut his mouth, but he shit down our throat and then some.

Nothing but respect for that team that whipped us. That is a damn good football team. Obviously much better than we are.

It is a word that has plagued Husker nation for years...jealousy. Becuase people are pissed that the hicks that run this institution cannot find a decent coach. Kudos to Cig. He backed it up.

Reactions: Dylman and Swiv3D
Wrong that's the time to graciously speak about your victory..

Trashing you opponent afterwards does two things. It puts a big target on you for anyone else, and it undercuts your victory.
He was talking about IU, not Nebraska. This guy has been coaching a long time. He talks much more about his team than his opponent's. I know it fuels the emotions to take his words the other way....but in context, he was not trashing Nebraska. He was pulling a Rodney Dangerfield.

Reactions: Swiv3D and Frozone
If you were paying attention since the NIU game.....we are not even close to an elite D. They whooped our ass, but I'm skeptical we are any better on D than NW or Maryland. Just average. And our O is way below average
100 percnt true. But if you listen to the Nebraska media, and got brainwashed by their homer bullshit, Nebraska's D was on par with the 85 Bears. Focus on the previous 4 games and you realize that they were and are, a fraud.

Reactions: Dylman
Yes, there are two ways you can take that quote...we don't really know which way he meant it (personally, I would say he meant it in the most demeaning way...which was well deserved).

The problem is...he is absolutely correct! Nebraska stunk up that stadium. It wasn't just the players...it was EVERY coach as well. There was absolutely nothing positive produced from that debacle.

I have tried to be a Matt Rhule fan. He does some okay things. However, this is a perfect example of what is wrong with hiring a coach (any coach) ...they all feel the need to bring along their buddies that they are comfortable with. Doesn't matter if the buddy is the best choice, best coach for the position, or anything else.

Unfortunately, even this humiliation will only cause a small ripple with diehard Husker fans. The vaunted fake "sell-out" streak will still be there. "True" Fans will forgive and forget the ineptitude by the entire coaching staff. Remember, it was taboo to question "The frost" until at the inevitable end of his tenure.

Top teams will have problems with that offense. Looking at their schedule they have a great shot at the playoffs. Osu v indiana should be a fun game.
They should win all but the OSU game. They're schedule is still a relative cake walk. Then it's either a rematch of OSU/Oregon or OSU/IU for thf B10 title. IU can get in with one loss but strength of schedule will be a potential problem.

100 percnt true. But if you listen to the Nebraska media, and got brainwashed by their homer bullshit, Nebraska's D was on par with the 85 Bears. Focus on the previous 4 games and you realize that they were and are, a fraud.
Last year's team had guys like Quinton Newsome that were very good tacklers. We really miss those guys on this team. We need to add a bunch of transfers to get the roster right to be great next year.

Isn't he saying this will open the nation's eyes to how good Indiana is on offense since they just dismantled a "legit " defense
👆🏻 This. He’s saying the Nebraska defense was good and his team dismantled them and that should now open eyes as to how legit Indiana’s offense is.

Reactions: TFrazier
👆🏻 This. He’s saying the Nebraska defense was good and his team dismantled them and that should now open eyes as to how legit Indiana’s offense is.

It was probably the tone in which he said it and the shock of the loss that has people up in arms. The Nebraska fanbase is hyper sensitive.

If players/coaches do not want to see quotes like that…get back to practice, the weight room, the film room, coaches meetings and do something about it.

Reactions: Goosee
Cignetti in year one found a whole bunch of transfers and they are unbeaten and showed what a failure Rhule is.

Rhule thought Jeff simms was an NFL QB.

Another coach not earning a massive payday. The Nebraska way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT