ADVERTISEMENT

Cignetti postgame quote

Cignetti: "I know there was a national perception Nebraska had a pretty legit defense on a national scale, so maybe this will open their eyes."

So he’s not just an a-hole he’s a dumb a-hole. Way to pump your teams rep up by bad mouthing the opponent you just beat.
I think Cignetti might have been saying: look we just scored 55 points against a Top Defense!

But the joke is on him because the Huskers are a paper tiger and far from top anything!

Reactions: BigRedTed and K_Y_E
Cignetti: "I know there was a national perception Nebraska had a pretty legit defense on a national scale, so maybe this will open their eyes."

So he’s not just an a-hole he’s a dumb a-hole. Way to pump your teams rep up by bad mouthing the opponent you just beat.
Only insecure people look at it that way.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
The appropriate time for trash talking is after you completely dismantle your opponent.
Wrong that's the time to graciously speak about your victory..

Trashing you opponent afterwards does two things. It puts a big target on you for anyone else, and it undercuts your victory.

I want Cignetti to prove one thing this year ... that while money can buy you a national title, a good coach can get you to the playoffs.
I'm tired of watching the same teams dominate, I enjoy hero stories where the little guy has a fighting chance. I grew up in a country where that used to be possible, and I'm tired of living inside a rigged system that resembles the Matrix.

Reactions: shocksker
I look at it as they are 7-0 and we are 5-2 heading into the ohio state game, thus there can't be too much crying round.
and stop messing with the uniforms...work on stoping short passes, not changeing uniforms

Reactions: shocksker
They whipped our ass in every facet of the game yesterday.

He can talk as much shit as he wants.

Cig is talking smack, and bringing it. Wanted so badly to shut his mouth, but he shit down our throat and then some.

Nothing but respect for that team that whipped us. That is a damn good football team. Obviously much better than we are.

Reactions: Chuck003
It is a word that has plagued Husker nation for years...jealousy. Becuase people are pissed that the hicks that run this institution cannot find a decent coach. Kudos to Cig. He backed it up.

Wrong that's the time to graciously speak about your victory..

Trashing you opponent afterwards does two things. It puts a big target on you for anyone else, and it undercuts your victory.
He was talking about IU, not Nebraska. This guy has been coaching a long time. He talks much more about his team than his opponent's. I know it fuels the emotions to take his words the other way....but in context, he was not trashing Nebraska. He was pulling a Rodney Dangerfield.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT